Mitsubishi WS55513

204 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jeff T.
Mitsubishi WS55513

I have the much talked about blinking reset light problem. I have a WS55513 Model. Could you please send me the instructions for replacing the CAPS? Please send to: [email protected]

Thank You very much!

Jeff T.

Jeff T.
The cap replacement worked to

The cap replacement worked to restore power to my TV. When everything was put back together my convergance was shot I am able to adjust the blue but when I try to adjust the red it will not move. Did I miss something when re connecting the cables?

Larry Dillon
Check and double check all of

Check and double check all of the cables and plugs and make sure they are not pulled out a little bit. I have seen this happen a hundred times, and even when I have done work on a TV set this has happened. That is why i ALWAYS, before plugging in a set, go over all of the cables and plugs by hand to make sure they are all seated into their sockets all the way.

SSAGBQ86
Well, to be brief... Me Too! 

Well, to be brief... Me Too!   WS55513 with blinking light.

Could you email me the fix too.

Thanks,

Sheldon

Larry Dillon
Sheldon, I am not a mind

Sheldon, I am not a mind reader and my crystal ball is broken. What e-mail would you like it sent too!?

SSAGBQ86
Larry Dillon said: Sheldon, I

Larry Dillon said: Sheldon, I am not a mind reader and my crystal ball is broken. What e-mail would you like it sent too!?

Sorry, I had signed the box that said allow users to send email.  I thought that allowed you to see my email.   Please send it to [email protected].   Thanks

Larry Dillon
no Sheldon, I cannot see it,

no Sheldon, I cannot see it, it is hidden fom the public. I am mailing those documents out to you tonight. Good Luck with the repair.

agincajin
can i get an email on how to

can i get an email on how to fix the blinking green light on my mitsubishi ws55513 to [email protected]?  Thanks!

Larry Dillon
Ace, the repair documentsd

Ace, the repair documentsd are on their merry way to you. Good Luck

big45guy
Larry Dillon said: Ace, the

Larry Dillon said: Ace, the repair documentsd are on their merry way to you. Good Luck

I am having the green light  problem also the tv wont power up at all I have seen several comments about the cap could you sent me the repair details to [email protected]

thanks

KK

Larry Dillon
big45guy, I will send those

big45guy, I will send those out in just a little bit. Good luck with your repair.

RuthAnna
I to just got the green light

I to just got the green light problem can you send me the fix?

ws55513    [email protected] 

Larry Dillon
Jeff, those documents will be

Jeff, those documents will be out toy uo in a little bit. GOOD lUCK WITH THE REPAIR.

ddifasi
Larry Dillon said: no Sheldon

Larry Dillon said: no Sheldon, I cannot see it, it is hidden fom the public. I am mailing those documents out to you tonight. Good Luck with the repair.

i am having the same problem with the ws55513 green LED light will not stop flashing can you please e mail me directions on how to fix it.

ddifasi
Larry Dillon said: no Sheldon

Larry Dillon said: no Sheldon, I cannot see it, it is hidden fom the public. I am mailing those documents out to you tonight. Good Luck with the repair.

i am having the same problem with the ws55513 green LED light will not stop flashing can you please e mail me directions on how to fix it. [email protected]

Larry Dillon
ddifasi, I will be sending

ddifasi, I will be sending out the repair documents to you in a short while. Good Luck with the repair.

Hurtgen
Larry Dillon said: ddifasi, I

Larry Dillon said: ddifasi, I will be sending out the repair documents to you in a short while. Good Luck with the repair.

Larry,

It appears that many bought our Mitsubishí HDTV during the same period.  Would be much obliged if you could also send your repair instructions to [email protected]  leaving out the last m. 

Larry Dillon
Will do Hurtgen. Good Luck

Will do Hurtgen. Good Luck with the repair. Let us know how it goes man.

Ron Jones
Larry Dillon said: ddifasi, I

Larry Dillon said: ddifasi, I will be sending out the repair documents to you in a short while. Good Luck with the repair.

I have the same problem and was wondering if you could send me the repair also.

[email protected]

orion23
I am motivated to fix my

I am motivated to fix my 52525 mitsubishi TV but I need the schematic and the service manual.  Before I can get started.  If anybody has these items, please send them to [email protected]

Thanks

fwb_fl_ed
Larry,

Larry,

May I receive the repair documents?  My research on this unit had me trying several "quick fixes" here is what I learned.

I use an expensive power conditioner with cable protection.  I figured the extra few hundred was worth protecting my investment.  I have had no problems for the four years of operation until last week.  The unit was flashing as so many others have described.  Since my fish tank had lost its outside filter vacuum (water flows over the top in a tube and is pumped up from the filtration tank below), I knew I had lost power for at least a minute during the day. 

Things that did not work or at least did not appear to.  Pushing the "power" button. Pushing the "reset" on the front of the TV.  Holding in the reset button for at least ten seconds.  Crying.  Holding the "menu" button in for a minute (my finger thinks it was more like half an hour).  Crying again. Unplugging the unit for the day (read somewhere for a minimum of two hours). 

What did work was comparison-shopping at three stores to find a new unit.  Swearing I'll never buy a Mitsubishi again.  Working out how to purchase a new TV and still have the planned family vacation this summer.  Calculating how long it will take for my Income Tax return check will take to arrive. Carrying the 29" CRT from the bedroom to the family room (downstairs).  Remarking at how cool my red and white fingers now look.  And finally, trying to turn the TV on in a last ditch desperate plead for compassion.  Now it works!  I am a genius! My wife gave me the same odd look as you now have too.

My guess is that the power fluctuation caused the protection mode to activate but no damage was done.  Unplugging the unit allowed it to reset.  Or maybe it just was one of those things.   Either way, I have realized that my unit WILL need to have those capacitors replaced and I would appreciate any assistance for next time.

Thanks Ed

Larry Dillon
Ed, you never mentioned the

Ed, you never mentioned the model number, nor did you leave an e-mail address where you would like to receive the repair documents. I hate to burst your bubble my friend, but if you continue to use the TV set without FIRST replaceing the capacitors, you might as well be perpared to fork over a 1000 bucks for a new DM board. The fact that the light was flashing and you were able to make it stop after unplugging the set meant for sure those pesky capacitors are over heating and is going to blow up soon. You in no way repaired the set by unplugging it.

fwb_fl_ed
Larry,

Larry,

Thanks.  I have a WS55513 and my email is [email protected].  So really wishing it is OK will not work?  Again, thanks.

Ed

Larry Dillon
I'm afraid not Ed. I will

I'm afraid not Ed. I will send these documents out to you asap. Good Luck.

kenbo
Larry Dillon said: I'm afraid

Larry Dillon said: I'm afraid not Ed. I will send these documents out to you asap. Good Luck.

Larry I am having the same green light blinking and no power to my mitsubishi ws 55513 we had a power surge last wednesday . Will you please also send repair docs to em address at [email protected] thank you Ken it will be most appreciated

Larry Dillon
OK Ken, they are on their way

OK Ken, they are on their way. Good luck

JRO
Hi Larry - My MitsuTV WS55513

Hi Larry - My MitsuTV WS55513 has been hit with the infectious blinking green light problem. I didnt realize just how common this problem was until I started to shop for new TV's - thank goodness I came across these forums! Could you please send the 'how-to' repair to my email: [email protected]

Thanks In Advance Larry!

ShelzSmile

tcollins
i bought  a WS55513 and my

i bought  a WS55513 and my green light is just blinking away, reset not responding,  is it the TUBE by chance that went??   does anyone know how to fix it or can someone send me the information on getting it fixed. this is a great TV and want to fix it.  thanks  [email protected]

tcollins
Larry Dillon said: On their

Larry Dillon said: On their way Shelz, Good Luck!

larry, is seems to be a common problem with this model, what caused it to do this, is it easy to fix, can i do it, would hate to be out a 3000 tv.  i just want to get this fixed, have called 2 repair guys and they never mentioned the conversion??  what is CAPS?  could you please help, the mitsubisi people were no help at all.    HELP please.  thanks   teresa   at  [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Teresa, Not really a hard

Teresa, Not really a hard repair to do but you will need to know how to solder and a little handy. If you can repair this yourself or with someone's help, you can save up to a grand! I will forward the repair information to you. Good luck

Ron Jones
Larry Dillon said: Teresa,

Larry Dillon said: Teresa, Not really a hard repair to do but you will need to know how to solder and a little handy. If you can repair this yourself or with someone's help, you can save up to a grand! I will forward the repair information to you. Good luck

Larry,

I tried to get back with you last night but it must not have gone through.I received an email from you stating that you would be sending me the repair info for this mitsubishi blinking problem but can't seem to find out just where or how to access it.

My EM is [email protected] .

I would appreciate it if you could send it as an atachment , or , let me know just how to access it.

Thanks again,

Ron

Pages

Connect With Techlore