OUR NETWORK: Dijit Community Explore3DTV My Open Router DVRplayground MediaSmart Home See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 8675040.0
November 23, 2007 01:51 PM

Categories: Televisions and Projectors

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

amberz11

Yesterday we were watching tv, and all of a suddent the picture distorted.  The colors are bad, and the picture looks like you're watching it in one of those distorting mirrors at the fair.  This tv is about 2 years old and worked perfectly until yesterday.  We turned it off and then back on, and before the picture comes through you see red, blue and green wavy lines near the top of the screen.  When the dish network logo comes up, all the of the letters are white, with those same letters in red, blue, and green right behind them.  So actually, the logo shows up four times, in white with red, blue, and green highlighted behind them.

Does anyone know what this problem is?  Is a lamp burned out or something?  I'd appreciate any help.  It's my mom's tv and she's out of town.  It happened the day after she left and I know she's going to think I did something to it.

Discussion:    Comments 301-325 of 445 | Latest Comment | « Previous 111 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next »

January 11, 2010 9:51 AM

i HAVE REPLACED THE ENTIRE BOARD WHERE THE FUSE AND THE TRANSISITOPR IS AND HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM. i TOOK THE OLD BOARD AND REPLACED THE FUSE AND ALSO RE SOLDERED THE TRANSISTOR THAT CAUSED THE FUSE TO BLOW AND REINSTALLED IT AND STILL HAVE THE PROBLEM.

ANY IDEA WHAT THE UNDERLYING PROBLEM WITH MY SET IS? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

YAMARACERYZ250@AOL.COM

January 11, 2010 9:54 AM

Cuda,
I ordered and replaced that entire power supply/deflection board where the fuse is located. that did not fix the problem.
I took the old board and replaced the fuse and also resoldered the transistor that causes the fusse to blow. I checked continuity and installed the old board. still have the problem so I removed the board again and checked the fuse and it is fine.

Any ideas on what my underlying problem is?

Yamaraceryz250@aol.com

January 11, 2010 1:32 PM updated: January 11, 2010 1:35 PM

I think we can all agree RCA sucks.. Cuda, please email instructions to fix I hate to just throw out TV and have to buy a new one! bdburton23@yahoo.com

THANKS A LOT!

January 11, 2010 3:12 PM

CUDA,

I am having the same problem as everyone else it seems. Distorted picture like watching a 3-D television. How can I fix this at a lower price than $500? Please send me the instructions as well, thanks!

View unverified member's comment - posted by Sam Monk

January 13, 2010 9:33 AM

I Just read all your posts, My RCA 52

January 14, 2010 7:43 PM

i have done many RCA convergence repairs its very easy on the itc222 chassis rca

made from 2001 to 2006

January 15, 2010 9:52 PM

Cuda please help, same problem.

THANK YOU!!

January 16, 2010 3:37 PM

cuda,

I've been reading the blogs but have a different problem. I turn my RCA on and the screen has a strong red discoloration with faint lines running throughout the screen. Do u have any suggestions on how I can fix this?

January 17, 2010 8:31 PM

D-Run said: cuda, I've been reading the blogs but have a different problem. I turn my RCA on and the screen has a strong red discoloration with faint lines running throughout the screen. Do u have any suggestions on how I can fix this?
sounds like a bad red crt.

January 17, 2010 8:33 PM

tsnowflake72 said: Cuda please help, same problem. THANK YOU!!
sent

January 18, 2010 12:12 AM

Cuda, could you please send me the instructions also? Thank you!
sshawks_rrs@yahoo.com

View unverified member's comment - posted by fletchstone174

January 19, 2010 12:13 PM

fletchstone174 said: I too have just recently experienced the exact same problem! However, I appreciate this info. Because I won't pay 500 to fix it!
need your email address

January 20, 2010 4:21 PM

Cuda,
Can I get the convergence repair instructions sent to jr24308@yahoo? Thanks!!!

January 20, 2010 4:22 PM

Cuda,
Can you send the convergence repair instructions to jr24308@yahoo.com? Thanks!

January 23, 2010 3:51 PM

cuda please send fix to tlongsworth@gmail.com, much appreciated

January 24, 2010 9:18 AM updated: January 24, 2010 9:23 AM

Hello, Cuda I'm having the same convergence issue on my RCA although the convergence option is still available from the setup menu. My problem is the blurred image and color arches that suddenly appear and then go away after a few minutes or if the set is turned off for a little while. Please send the instructions to rmassen@comcast.net
Thanks in advance.

January 25, 2010 8:26 AM

Hi Cuda, It's me again I'm having the same problem again like RLMa. Convergence option is still available from the setup menu, but the picture is blurred and have the bow tie 3d effect. Any help is appreciated.

January 28, 2010 1:52 PM

I 2 am having the same problems and can't get the last 2 wires off also.Could you please send me the fix thanks so much
Rick

Bishoplake21@sbcglobal.net

January 30, 2010 7:18 PM

Cuda, i have been searching all over the net for a solution, i also have an RCA R52WM24 with the convergence problem. the power board that connects to it blew the FET transistor that screws to a silver heatsink plate.
I can solder, but dont know the model number of the part.
Please help?

January 31, 2010 6:11 PM

Cuda can you give me the names of those two companies where we can order the parts for the convergence for the RCA R52WM24.

thanks

February 4, 2010 8:04 AM

Can anyone please send these instructions to rmassen@comcast.net. My problem has now worsened--the convergence option has disappeared from the setup menu. Thanks in advance.

February 4, 2010 9:12 AM

Cuda, i still need information on the RCA R52WM24 convergence board.
The power supply board blew a FET, and i would like to know what part number and where to get it... Do you have names of companies that carry parts, and where i can get a service manual to find out the part number? jruiz@swri.edu or jfruiz63@yahoo.com

February 8, 2010 9:59 PM

Hey Cuda could I get the instructions please? buzzandmango@yahoo.com Thanks!

Discussion:    Back to Top | Comments 301-325 of 445 | Latest Comment | « Previous 111 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 Next »

Thread is locked, no more posts may be added.

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window