toshiba 53hx71 blinking red light

57 posts / 0 new
Last post
papa j
Well guys i finally got

Well guys i finally got another chance to look at my board and started to retrace my steps. I got to looking at the print that i finally was able to get and followed the +/- 16volt line.Low and behold one of the first parts that i put in was the la7833 vert deflection proc. and found some strange ohm readings around the VCC lines.So i re-ordered the chip put it in and low and behold the set is back up and working.THANK GOD .. Its been a long battle and would like to thank all that had some input into this problem..Now that we know this board inside and out if anyone needs help or a copy of prints we have them..Thanks again to all....

papa j
Well guys i finally got

Well guys i finally got another chance to look at my board and started to retrace my steps. I got to looking at the print that i finally was able to get and followed the +/- 16volt line.Low and behold one of the first parts that i put in was the la7833 vert deflection proc. and found some strange ohm readings around the VCC lines.So i re-ordered the chip put it in and low and behold the set is back up and working.THANK GOD .. Its been a long battle and would like to thank all that had some input into this problem..Now that we know this board inside and out if anyone needs help or a copy of prints we have them..Thanks again to all....

Larry Dillon
yes please upload that

yes please upload that service manual on the technicians corner on the home page under the resources tab please that will certainly help others tremendously Thanks , oh by the way glad you got your set repaired the way I figure it you saved yourself at least 450.00 to 500.00 bucks!!!!
Larry Dillon.

tink71
help i have a Toshiba 50h81

help i have a Toshiba 50h81 tv and it has that blinking red light and i read everything i called two places and they want 105. just to come here and figure out the prob..is a single mom and unemployed at this time.i have left the tv unplugged for a while now like everyone stated....still gets that red light..i am not good with electrics to figure what is being said.and the other place i called said thy dont touch the tv anymore cant get the part for them.....what do i do now..besides the red blinking light the tv is awesome and i dont have the money to go get a new tv.....HELP PLEASE!!!!!

papa j
Tink71 were are you posting

Tink71 were are you posting from. what state

papa j
gotch ya.. Well if you are

gotch ya.. Well if you are not electronic savey then you will for sure need to have a tech that knows what they are doing. it is a very repairable item and the parts are readly avaliable. I am not to sure what i can do for you being here in ct.

tink71
thanks for trying

thanks for trying

i mean i dont want to touch anything and break the tv had it for 5 years now and i love it...as soon as the person answered the phone and told me 105. just to come out i said no and hung up..that is so to much and i was reading the threads and seen what it would cost and i have not that money to give out....

tdurham
My brother has the same

My brother has the same blinking light. I am going to help him fix it but I need to get the service manual. I did not see where anyone has posted a link for a PDF version of this manual. Is there one out there?

Thanks!!

tdurham
sorry, did not mean to double

sorry, did not mean to double post :0

Larry Dillon
that is the same chassis as

that is the same chassis as the 50HX81 that will be uploaded to the technicians corner later today. Good Luck
Larry Dillon

tdurham
Larry Dillon said: that is

Larry Dillon said: that is the same chassis as the 50HX81 that will be uploaded to the technicians corner later today. Good Luck Larry Dillon

Thanks Larry!  I will check it later.  Sorry for the double post.  I did not catch that it was waiting on me to verify the email before letting me see the post :0  .

Larry Dillon
what is the issue with the

what is the issue with the toshiba set??
L.D.

TommyTester
5-2-2010

5-2-2010
PERFECT TRIANGLE THREE DOT PROBLEM REMAINS. Otherwise everything else is fine.

Larry Dillon, Any ideas?

December 15, 2009 3:52 PM

THREE DOT PROBLEM (PERFECT TRIANGLE) in center of screen. After the second time I resoldered by C809 C810 capacitors I ended up with three dots in a triangle in the center of my screen. Never replaced convergence chips.

Has anyone ever had this three dot issue after fixing the blinking red light problem? Thanks.

Larry Dillon
take off the screen and look

take off the screen and look directly into to three lens with the set off do you dee any marks on the picture tubes?? if you do you will need to replace all three tubes as it mayt be the set has burnt picture tubes

TommyTester
Will do. Sounds a bit ominous

Will do. Sounds a bit ominous. If I find dots on each I'll just live with it given the age of the set and likely cost of fixing. Will let you know. Thanks Larry. Tommy Tester

Larry Dillon
that is a hard thing to do

that is a hard thing to do without telling mr=e the complete model number and or the chassis number
Larry Dillon

Larry Dillon
How was I ominous? was not

How was I ominous? was not meant to sound that way??? sorry you took it wrong!!!
Larry D

TommyTester
Larry: Ominous meant

Larry: Ominous meant expensive as in the cost or replacing all three guns most likely exceeds the value of the this nice, but aging set. As always I appreciate your expertise. Tom

Larry Dillon
oh ok as that is not what I

oh ok as that is not what I was taught it means? probably no I would say the setdoes not owe you anything cut your losses and buy a new one!
Good Luck
Larry D.

Matt1096
hey guys... hoping your still

hey guys... hoping your still there and hoping you can still help me...
I posted this a while ago but got no response I'm just about ready to trash the tv now so this is my final attempt... I'll post the link to the thread I wrote about it instead of rewriting the whole thing and taking up a bunch of space on my reply

http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/29587/Toshiba-50hx81-red-blinking-l...

please help me...
thanks
Matt

papa j
Member Hey Matt I had the

Member Hey Matt I had the same issues and became very fustrated..and i own and operate my own electronic repair shop..So dont let yourself get all tied up..Ok here is somthing you need to check..You need to pull the board back out and check the bottom side for cold solder joints..On the same board that the convergance chips are along the edge were the two boards meet are some jumpers..check them all I want to say the jumper # we have found bad was 701..Just look and touch them all up.Also check the vertical chip and you can do that wit a meter from pin to pin and there should not be any shorts ..Good Luck you will get it

Cygnus
I am having this problem now.

I am having this problem now. TV worked fine for at least 8 years. Anyone in the Chicago area willing to fix this for me? I'll pay of course. Please send private message. Thx

Wilson Flamily
HELP me please I have a

HELP me please I have a 62inch toshiba about 4 an a half years old my father was mucking around with the remote so he said, any who my tv now has a red screen but when turned over to another channel the screen is light blue and nothing else had a tech come round and he said it was the convergence and to try and set it back on the remote and change settings but it wont even do that please anyone help please. Thx

evil
I hope you didnt pay the tech

I hope you didnt pay the tech!!..if the only advice he could give you was good luck undoing what you did?The only thing that could mess up the convergence that bad was if you were in the service menu which takes a bit of knowlege on how to get into.I've never seen the convergence circuits fail as you were describing?

Wilson Flamily
Thank u evil and no I didnt

Thank u evil and no I didnt pay him lol it was a free quote lol

Sheila S.
Tell you what guys, from a

Tell you what guys, from a female point of view with a Toshiba attached to the wall, there is no way on God's earth that I can check the fuses!!! Calling a technician costs an arm and a leg (and I rather like mine) sooooooo
Bugger, I bought a new T.V.
Sheila

Pages

Connect With Techlore