Mitsubishi WT-46809

55 posts / 0 new
Last post
Baseballer34
Mitsubishi WT-46809

I have a Mitsubishi WT-46809 HD ready 1080i, with a 2-1 fault code that I have been told is an x-ray protect mode, and this problem could be the high voltage circuit, the horizontal sweep or drive circuit, bad capacitors in the power supply or the sweep supply, or the regulation in the main power supply. 

The TV just went off like it was turned off and now the green power light just comes on and goes off after a second we try to turn it back on. I cannot find any information on this and wanted to know if any one had anything that might help me figure this out. I have tried to leave it unplugged and then try and get the same results. The TV is about 5 years old but has had no problems. It is an awesome tv. Thanks for your time

Karl Poehls
I also own a Mitsubishi WT

I also own a Mitsubishi WT-46809 and the TV automatically turns off after a few seconds from turning it on. Any suggestions on what causes it and how to fix it.

usaarch89
I also own a Mitsubishi WT

I also own a Mitsubishi WT-46809 and i have a problem, they said that it is a convergence ic, is any body told me where is that located and what it looks like? and what is the part no of that ic? i really appreciate of what ever suggestion. thanks

Larry Dillon
everybody read reAd reAd, yor

everybody read reAd reAd, yor answrSARE are all thE on the forum.

Jmp417
Where are all these answers

Where are all these answers on the forum????? Mitsubishi VS-45609 shuts off about 5 seconds after you turn it on???

Larry Dillon
do a searh from th home psg,

do a searh from th home psg, thrr are over 1500pages on these mitsubshi or one clo e to yours. if ou want spicfic info I need an exact model numbr aand what you have alreay attmpted to do to fix it. also how xpeienced are you at using a multimetter snd solding iron, can yo read a schematic diagram and follow circuit flow/ and have you ever worke on soli state printed circui bosrds befoe?

Jmp417
Hi,

Hi,
I did nothing but take off the back cover to look at it so far. I didn't want to touch anything before I knew what to look for. I am good with reading schematics and flow charts and have soldered circuit boards too. I see they sell the service manuals on line but didn't get one yet. I guess it would be wise to have one before I start anything.
My model number is VS-45609 from May 2001. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
Joe

Larry Dillon
Joe11 How am I suppose to

Joe11 How am I suppose to send you anything? yo hae no e-mail address?

Jmp417
Hi,

Hi,
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize you were going to send me something. Here it is,[email protected]
Thanks,
Joe

Jmp417
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,
How are you doing? I hope everything is OK. Have you been able to help me find anything out with my set yet?
Joe

blkivry
convergence chips or located

convergence chips or located on the middle board right in the middle on a big silver heat sink. they have 14 or 18 pins. and associated pico fuses(usually greenand mark with the starting letters f9a)

Jmp417
Hi blkvry,

Hi blkvry,
Thanks for the help but what is this information about? Is this the cause of my problem or something I should just check and how can I check it?
Joe

blkivry
first do a diagnostic test

first do a diagnostic test press menu and input at same time for 5 sec the led will flash a code first set of flash is first number second set of flash is second number

Jmp417
OK, where do I get the code

OK, where do I get the code definitions from? Is there a list somewhere on this site?

usaarch89
Hi blkvry,

Hi blkvry,
Thanks for the information regarding convergence chips, is there anyway that you could post a picture of it? i think that is more helpful.

thanks
Mon

usaarch89
blkivry said:

blkivry said:
convergence chips or located on the middle board right in the middle on a big silver heat sink. they have 14 or 18 pins. and associated pico fuses(usually greenand mark with the starting letters f9a)

Hi blkvry,
Thanks for the information
regarding convergence chips, is there anyway that you could post a
picture of it? i think that is more helpful.

thanks
Mon

Jmp417
I pushed the menu and input

I pushed the menu and input buttons for 5 seconds and nothing happened with the power off and then with it on until it shuts down. I also tried again both ways for 10 seconds and still no blinking led. What now???

blkivry
i dont know for sure .

i dont know for sure . dianostic usaully works. the main two things that go bad are the convergence ic and pico fuses related to the ic s or the flyback transformer. when it is trying to come on do u hear a whine. if so flyback is the problem. another possibility is ampicture tube bad u can check that byremoving the board at the bottom of each tube and turning on power to see if u get something. good luck . i would be guessing but i think it is your flyback.

Jmp417
I doesn't make any sounds

I doesn't make any sounds other than the normal ones it made all along from day one except that after about 5 seconds, it turns off as if someone hit the power button. I can keep turning it on but it will keep shutting itself off with no strange noises.

blkivry
can u hear the high voltage

can u hear the high voltage turning on in the first five second. it makes a noise like .static. i still think its your flyback transformer. i just change one on a mitsubishi that would turn off after 2 seconds. the turning off is because it is going in to protection mode because it sense something wrong. i was able to verify with the diagnostic code which was 23 meaning horozonal deflection which is either hv transistor or fllyback transformer. i read the transistor and had voltage so i new it was the flyback. it cost between 20-40 dollars. and i think in your case worth trying.

blkivry
look at the number on the

look at the number on the part probaboy starts with ffa.(probably ffa61513). thengoogle the number to find the best price. the part sticks up and is black with a big red wire coming out of it and leading into another part that has three big red wires coming out of it.

Jmp417
I do get the static sound

I do get the static sound when it turns.I disconnected the red single wire from it that goes to the other peice with the 3 other red wires and it still shuts down. The wire that I took off is the feed to the other part that has the 3 red wires marked out. Nothing has changed. Please help.

blkivry
did i say disconnect the red

did i say disconnect the red wire'''uu r really lucky u didnt get shocked.lolu have to discharge that before disconnecting. plug it back and try disconecting the boards on the bottom of the picture tubes one at a time and trying power each time u disconnect one. and do u have a volt meter.

Jmp417
OK

OK< everything is back to the way it was. I do have a volt meter. What do you mean by disconnecting the boards on the tubes? The red wire going to each board or the entire board off the tube?

blkivry
not the red wire the board at

not the red wire the board at the bottom of the crt wiggle it side to side while pushing down and it comes off the tube, also before you do that measure the b+ voltage it should be about 130 volts to 180 volt dc. during starup before it goes into protection.

Larry Dillon
the entire board but find and

the entire board but find and check fuse F9a04 and F9A05 There is a small diagram inside the side of the cabinetthat shows you where to find the fuses, if any of these are blown,DO NOT REPLACE THEM untill you replace the convergence IC's first. You check these on the ohm scale on the meter and they should both read a short acrossn themyou can find the IC's you need at repair kits and IC's

Jmp417
OK, I will do this as soon as

OK, I will do this as soon as I get home from work today. THANKS for all the help so far!!!

Jmp417
Ok, I pulled each board off

Ok, I pulled each board off one at a time and the TV did the same thing. I found 4 glass fuses located in different areas on the main board and tested them with an ohm meter, they are all good. Where do I go from here? I down loaded a service manual, but I don't know what I should look for. I wonder if it pays to keep this set or just get another one???

Larry Dillon
did you find the covergenc

did you find the covergenc fuss? they are not glass fuses, and look like gren or black resistors follow the instructions I left abouve.

usaarch89
Larry, i have a problem also

Larry, i have a problem also to my mitsubishi 46809 and they said that is my convergence ic, can you tell me where is the location of the convergence ic? and what it look like maybe i am sure i could save some money please help me.
thanks
Nomar

blkivry
i not larry but follow the

i not larry but follow the threads on mitsubishi and u will find a detailed descriction on how to change the ics.

Pages

Connect With Techlore