MITSUBISHI WS-55813

78 posts / 0 new
Last post
AndyV
All indications are that the

All indications are that the WS-73513 can suffer from the same blown DM capacitor issues as the WS-55813.

AndyV
OK, I never heard from Mr.

OK, I never heard from Mr. Dillon, so without a service manual I had to resort to calling a tech out after opening up the back of the TV and finding a daunting looking set of circuit boards with metal covers over them and a whole lot of stuff that would have to be disconnected to get what I thought was the DM out of the chassis so I could work on it. Wasn't worth the potential hassle and possible mistakes I might make.

So, first I checked with Mitsubishi and had to wait forever to get through to a human. I confirmed with Mitsu that if there was any problem on the Digital Module (DM), that their only solution was to replace the DM (over $1000).

So then, I took some of the advice I had found on the internet, and called my local Sears TV service department. They scheduled a visit by their tech (which was really a local 3rd party service provider that Sears contracts with). The guy who came out was very familiar with the issue and even predicted that when he uncovered the DM we would find 4 1000uF 16volt capacitors that had overheated and whose tops had "bubbled out". And sure enough that's what we found. The new capacitors are now on order and will be here this week. The tech will desolder the old ones and resolder in the new ones. I will post more info once this proves to solve the problem.

One other note: Some of the info I found on the web indicated that the underlying problem is that the 16volt rating on the 1000uF Capacitors that Mitsu used on the DM board is too low and results in the Caps burning out in about 3 years. Some on the web have recommended that you replace them with 1000mF 25volt Caps. The Sears service guy won't do that and instead will be replacing them with like Capacitors that they will get from Mitsubishi.

BTW, the DM on the WS-55813 is on the far left of the set when viewed from the back. It is mounted in a vertical position and is covered with a perforated metal shield. It has both Firewire and USB interfaces on it's top (you have to detach the cables to get the board out) and presents the firewire interface to the outside world on the back of the set.

Larry Dillon
If you had of left an e-mail

If you had of left an e-mail address, you woul have received the repair info.

rpaterick
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:

If you had of left an e-mail address, you woul have received the repair info.

Larry, I put my email on the other thread but just in-case, here it is again regarding the DM-Board/blinking green light.

[email protected]

WD-52725, DLP

Thanks Larry!

Ryan

AndyV
Sorry Larry,

Sorry Larry,
I wrongly assumed from my experience with other networking sites that this one provided you a way to message me without me having to reveal my email address to the entire group. My apologies. I would still like to get my hands on the Mitsu WS-55813 Service Manual and any other pertinent info if that is possible. Here's my email address:
[email protected]

tj0109
AndyV said: Sorry Larry, I

AndyV said: Sorry Larry, I wrongly assumed from my experience with other networking sites that this one provided you a way to message me without me having to reveal my email address to the entire group. My apologies. I would still like to get my hands on the Mitsu WS-55813 Service Manual and any other pertinent info if that is possible. Here's my email address: [email protected]

Well, I must be in the same group. I never recieved anything either

still waiting

[email protected]

amadus
Larry, as much as you e-mail

Larry, as much as you e-mail out the repair info i can see you missing a few requests here and there. I too requested a copy of your repair procedure back on oct 1  which i must of gotten missed   no worries tho. Im in no hurry. I bought the new mitz 75in dlp so no my old mitz just sits in the back bedroom collecting dust. This tv has now become a good winter project. Id like to fix it and then give it away to a needy family. So if you could e-mail me the blinking light of death fix instructions i'd be forever greatful.

Thanks Andreas

[email protected]

mits wd-62525

SteveKo
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi-WS-65613Plus with the same blinking light problem. Usually when this happens, I can hit the reset button and the light blinks for a while, then the tv turns on. Now, the blinking light stops blinking momentarily when I press the reset, then it resumes blinking indefinitey. If this is the same problem, can you send me your repair procedure.

Mike Feyerer
Larry, you are a popular guy.

Larry, you are a popular guy. I too have the green blinking light on my ws-55813. Would you be so kind as to send me the repair docs. Thank you so much. [email protected]

tominva
Larry ,

Larry ,

I have the same model and been trying to get a hold of you. Please send instructions for blinking light issue to [email protected].

Thanks,
Tom

SteveKo
Correction to my last

Correction to my last postihng. I did fix it! acccording to Larry's instructions. I just didn't plug the board in correctly. You need to remove the DM board, replace the capacitors (about $9.00) and plug the board back in without the aluminum case. Then, by removing the side shelf and plastic suport, you'll have room to slide the aluminum case over the board and black support guide.

SteveKo
Larry,

Larry,

THe victory was short-lived. I now get a 2-2 blinking code and only sketchy information on replacing fuses and a STK chip. DO you have any procedures for repairing this "short circuit" in the board?

John Brewer
Hi Larry, it looks like a lot

Hi Larry, it looks like a lot of people are having this problem and your help is greatly appreciated! Could I also get the repair documents for the WS-65909. I moved my TV the other day and left it powered off until last night. When I powered it on I suffered from the blinking lights failure as well. I would also like the directions for a reset if you have them. Pressing the reet has no affect. You can e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks in advance.

John Brewer
Hi Larry, it looks like a lot

Hi Larry, it looks like a lot of people are having this problem and your help is greatly appreciated! Could I also get the repair documents for the WS-65909. I moved my TV the other day and left it powered off until last night. When I powered it on I suffered from the blinking lights failure as well. I would also like the directions for a reset if you have them. Pressing the reet has no affect. You can e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks in advance.

SteveKo
SUCCESS!!! Through this blog

SUCCESS!!! Through this blog, I have successfully repaired my 2004 Mitsubishi 65" TV. First I replaced the 4 capacitors on the DM board. Then, found 2 shorted out fuses and replaced them as well as the 2 IC chips. Cost was around $40.00. Thanks to all who contributed. Steve

Dan r.
Could you email the repair

Could you email the repair docs for the green blinking light for a ws-55813? It's tine to fix it! Please send it to [email protected]
Thanks

Jackattack
SteveKo, where are the two IC

SteveKo, where are the two IC chips? I think that may be my problem too. Your help would be appreciated. Jack

SteveKo
Jack, Look for the two

Jack, Look for the two large aluminum heat sinks on the front middle board. They are under there. In my set, the two sinks were attached to the board with a screw on each end. Carefully remove the heat sinks and you will see the IC chips under each of them . The IC chips are clearly marked . They have 21 pins that will need to be de-soldered. Good Luck.Steve

C44holmes
I have also fallen victim to

I have also fallen victim to the dreaded 55813 blinking light issue. Could you please send me a copy as well to [email protected]?

Thank you very much ;)

sjobakkj
Larry,

Larry,
I have the same issue where the green light keeps blinking and will not turn off while powered on. I have a Mitsubishi WS-55813 model. Can you send me the repair information. I would greatly appreciate it. You can send it to [email protected]
Thanks, Kris

sjobakkj
Larry,

Larry,
I have the same issue where the green light keeps blinking and will not turn off while powered on. I have a Mitsubishi WS-55813 model. Can you send me the repair information. I would greatly appreciate it. You can send it to [email protected]
Thanks, Kris

John Brewer
Larry, I also have the green

Larry, I also have the green blinking light on my WS-65909. Would you be so kind as to send me the repair docs. Thank you so much. [email protected]

SteveKo
SUCCESS!!! Through this blog

SUCCESS!!! Through this blog, I have successfully repaired my 2004 Mitsubishi 65" TV. First I replaced the 4 capacitors on the DM board. Then, found 2 shorted out fuses and replaced them as well as the 2 IC chips. Cost was around $40.00. Thanks to all who contributed. Steve

Dan r.
Could you email the repair

Could you email the repair docs for the green blinking light for a ws-55813? It's tine to fix it! Please send it to [email protected]
Thanks

Jackattack
SteveKo, where are the two IC

SteveKo, where are the two IC chips? I think that may be my problem too. Your help would be appreciated. Jack

SteveKo
Jack, Look for the two

Jack, Look for the two large aluminum heat sinks on the front middle board. They are under there. In my set, the two sinks were attached to the board with a screw on each end. Carefully remove the heat sinks and you will see the IC chips under each of them . The IC chips are clearly marked . They have 21 pins that will need to be de-soldered. Good Luck.Steve

C44holmes
I have also fallen victim to

I have also fallen victim to the dreaded 55813 blinking light issue. Could you please send me a copy as well to [email protected]?

Thank you very much ;)

sjobakkj
Larry,

Larry,
Thanks, Kris

sjobakkj
Larry,

Larry,
Thanks, Kris

John Brewer
Larry, I also have the green

Larry, I also have the green blinking light on my WS-65909. Would you be so kind as to send me the repair docs. Thank you so much. [email protected]

Pages

Connect With Techlore