OUR NETWORK:Dijit Community Explore3DTV My Open Router DVRplayground MediaSmart Home See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 1.08997E7
September 6, 2007 07:44 PM

Categories: Televisions and Projectors

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

aerosvc

My WS55511 Mitubishi will not turn on.  It power up for about 3 seconds and powers back down.  The green light blinks for a time if I hit the reset button, but it does not help the problem.  It sounds like the DM board problem that others on this forum have described.  I was hoping maybe someone could help me with obtaining the repair details on replacing the capacitors on the DM board.  I know how to solder OK and I believe I could do the repair, but I want to make sure I'm doing the right ones.  Can someone let me know how to get the repair instructions?  Thanks.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 251-275 of 776 | Latest Comment | « Previous 19 10 11 12 13 1432 Next »

January 28, 2008 4:42 AM

wtito, I sent out the repair info to you this morning. Good Luck with the repair.

"Those who do not know their opponent's arguments, do not completely understand their own".**For complete TV repair kits including parts goto www.TvRepairKits.com

January 28, 2008 4:48 AM

frekki, I sent out the repair documents and the service manual for your model TV set. Good Luck with the repair.

"Those who do not know their opponent's arguments, do not completely understand their own".**For complete TV repair kits including parts goto www.TvRepairKits.com

January 28, 2008 6:58 AM

Larry,

I also have the blinking lights of death on my WS55813, could you please send the info for the DM repair.  nucsubldo@comcast.net  .  Thanks in advance

January 28, 2008 7:26 AM

Subldo, They are on their way to you. Good Luck!

January 29, 2008 12:25 PM

Larry,

I am hoping that you could please send me the instructions to fix "Green Light of Death" on my Mitsu WS-55813.  Please email instructions to trevor.w.lee@lmco.com.  I would greatly appreciate it.

January 29, 2008 12:27 PM

Tdub01, the directions are on their way to you. Good luck with the repair.

January 29, 2008 2:29 PM

Larry, Hey I did not rec've anything yet.  Should I expect it via email?  How big is the File?  I am wondering if my firewall here at work might have kicked it out.  If it is not too much trouble, you could fax it to me at 817-762-4951.  Thanks

January 30, 2008 4:26 AM

If you work in the aviation field, yes it did kick it out. I cannot fax.

February 1, 2008 10:43 PM

Hello everyone. Put me in the que too. I've got a WS-55513 that has just died. When powering on, I hear the click, green light comes on solid for a few seconds, and then goes off with a another click. I'm getting the 2-2 code. Help!

ryan@twistthewrist.com  

February 3, 2008 11:59 AM

I'm looking at my uncles tv Mitsubihi WS-48513 won't power on. Blinking timer light on front, I would like comments on this. I've seen posting on replacing caps on DM board. Can someone e-mail pics or discribe where these caps are in TV and where to buy them.

Thanks,

Chris

E-mail: sccustis@aol.com

February 3, 2008 12:09 PM

Chris, I have sent out the repair information your way. Good luck with the repair.

February 4, 2008 1:31 PM

Hi Larry,  I have a Mitsubishi WS-B55 with the same blinking light problem.

Can you send me repair info please.  My email address is mmspmm505@verizon.net

thank you. 

February 4, 2008 1:41 PM

myra, those repair documents as well as the service manual will be to you soon. Good Luck with the repair.

February 4, 2008 1:51 PM

Blux said: Hello Larry, I would greatly appreciate if you could send the instructions for replacing the capacitors to fix the blinking green light on a Mitsubishi - HDTV 1080  ( WS-55613 ).  You seem to have helped a lot of people with a similar problem.  You would think Mitsubishi would be more helpful in fixing this issue.  Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.  Here is my e-mail....  bluxemb@yahoo.com - Bryan

Hello Larry,

Any luck with finding the instructions for for replacing the capacitors to fix the blinking green light on a Mitsubishi - HDTV 1080  ( WS-55613 )?  Thank you very much for any help you can give me.  Here is my email...  bluxemb@yahoo.com

February 4, 2008 2:20 PM

Bryan I thought I sent those to you man. Sorry, Me Bad!! I will get them out to you right away. Good luck with the repair.

February 5, 2008 9:49 AM

Larry,

My WD-65732 has come down with the green light of death as well. Luckily it was the day after my superbowl party! Could you please send me the info I need to fix this issue? My email address is mghoffman82@yahoo.com.  Thanks so much!

February 5, 2008 8:54 PM

Larry,

You are the man!!  The information you sent was for the most part accurate and easy to follow.  The link for the capacitors took me right to the parts I needed and purchased.  I repaired my Mitsubishi WS-55511 and watched the Super Bowl in widescreen HD bliss!!  Thank you for the expert advise!!Cool

February 14, 2008 6:32 PM

Larry,

I am almost in disbelief that so many have the blinking green light of death on their 55859 and there you are - a voice of hope in cyberspace.  I would most surely appreciate the directions on how to repair this.  Same story as most - power failure and then the blink.  tpessa@comcast.net.

February 14, 2008 6:44 PM

Changing the four caps on the DM board did fix the problem on my uncles TV not powering on. I haven't spoke with him this week but it was working last weekend after I replaced the caps.

Chris

February 14, 2008 9:00 PM

i too have the blinking light of death . im not going to go into the details im sure youve heard them all before. i was hopeing you can send me some info on how to repair the capasitors myself . i would greatly appriciate it . thank you . my email addy. is -  fishin4205@yahoo.com  hope to hear bak from you soon . Sean

View unverified member's comment - posted by Hotrodrob

February 16, 2008 6:04 PM

larry

please send me the instruction gowell68@gmail.com

thanks.

February 16, 2008 9:28 PM

gowell,  what model number is the TV set? LOL

February 17, 2008 4:09 PM

Hello Larry,

I recently moved my Mitsubsishi TV (model WS-B55) from my back room to my front room...over some tile and bumpy grout lines.  I was careful and went slow.  What I discovered though is when I plugged it back in I now get the "Blinking green light".  Did I jar something loose?  The TV is five years old and the convergence chip was replaced about a year ago.

Thanks,

Sub! 

February 17, 2008 8:45 PM

Hoffdad said: Larry, My WD-65732 has come down with the green light of death as well. Luckily it was the day after my superbowl party! Could you please send me the info I need to fix this issue? My email address is mghoffman82@yahoo.com.  Thanks so much!
Hi Larry, just checking back to see if you could help me out by sending the info on fixing my WD-65732.  Thanks again!

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 251-275 of 776 | Latest Comment | « Previous 19 10 11 12 13 1432 Next »

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window