Philips 60pp935217

37 posts / 0 new
Last post
cTownTim
Philips 60pp935217

Hi all, I'm new here and looking for your help.

We have a Philips 60pp935217 rear projection.

We've had the unit for six years without any trouble, but unfortunatly it looks like all the lenses are not aligned and the picture is narrow in the middle of the screen.

No abuse or jarring to the unit. We do have 4 cats and a past-on dog + we smoke, so I know the lenses and mirror need cleaning, but I don't understand the larger problem of convergence.

I've tried to adjust the convergence with NO luck.

Not sure if I have to replace the convergence amplifier.

I know I need to clean the mirror and lenses but not sure how to open the cabinet.

I will gladly compensate anyone that can help me resolve this issue thru "PayPal"!

I'm recently retired as in RF Engineer with Nextel, so if you need support regarding your Nextel phone problem, I can try to help.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Larry Dillon
Yes you will need to replace

Yes you will need to replace the STK convergence Amp IC's in this TV set. It was hard finding a service manual for you but one is available HERE for a fee. This manual should help you find what part you need for your set and also show you how the set comes apart. Good Luck

Larry Dillon
what are the symptoms or

what are the symptoms or complaint with the set?

mondogecko
I am having problems now with

I am having problems now with the focus control block. I accidentally adjusted one of the colors and now I am far from normal color. I need major help. You live in Arizona by any chance? I bought the service manual and it had nothing about this problem. *disappointed. I have searched and searched and still nothing. Please anyone. Thank you.

Larry Dillon
Ok No need to panic. On that

Ok No need to panic. On that block there are three screen control and three focus controls. You need o look at the marking on the block and find what three controls are what. there is one of each, screen and focus for each of the three colors, red, green and bvlue. Take off the fron of the set. Look into each one of the tubes and first adjust each one of the picture tubes focus. Once that is done. Find a black and white picture, you might have to find an old movie on a DVD or video tape. Then adjust ech color and get the best black and white pitcure you can, This could take some time, as if the picture looksa little to green , blue or red, turn that color down slightly, you have o play wih them, if the overall picture is too dark turn all three colors up the same level. . Good luck

mondogecko
Thanks alot, I will try that

Thanks alot, I will try that out and let ya know. I appreciate it.

mondogecko
OK, one more problem so it

OK, one more problem so it seems. I was adjusting the RGB and figured out that I believe the main problem is the TINT and Sharpness do not change in the menu. There is absolutely no change in picture. Thats why there is no yellow and the sky can never be blue, i think. When the so called "professional" changed out the IC's, we saw a spark toward the blue side of the housing inside. Like toward the back right side if looking into the back of the tv. TV was not plugged in, could that still be static discharge? Could that do damage? If not, or if so is there are an area where that is controlled that I can check with a multimeter? A resistor, diode or something? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for your help.

robert

Larry Dillon
The tint as well as the

The tint as well as the sharpness are controlled by The microprocessor then ends controll voltages to a video processor iC. I bet you the video procesor IC is defective. Now on this set I do not have a clue where it is located or how this is locatd without a schemtic. There is however a service manual available for a very reasonable cost here. http://www.servicemanuals.net/ServiceManual/AllBrands/60PP935217/pos1/re... If you get this and e- it to me MAYBE, I say just maybe I can help you. Good luck

mondogecko
actually I already bought one

actually I already bought one, I will email it to you! What is your email?

mondogecko
and also, is this something

and also, is this something that is very expensive to fix? Thank you, you are the man!

Larry Dillon
[email protected], in the

[email protected], in the e-mail list this link so i know what we are talking about or what the manual is for.

Larry Dillon
not really as long as you do

not really as long as you do it yourself.

mondogecko
I have the whole thing in a

I have the whole thing in a zip file, is that fine? it is 8mb total. should I just separate it? do you want the service manual part?

mondogecko
the main problem would be

the main problem would be buying the part right? I know local shops wont sell parts so they are forced to do your job.

mondogecko
I will get back to you later.

I will get back to you later. I have to go to school right now. I really appreciate your speedy response. If you can find it, can you let me know maybe what part I need? Thank you!

Larry Dillon
Send me what you have and do

Send me what you have and do not worry about he part yet, we ned to diagnoise the problem , Then we can get a part for it.

Larry Dillon
I am doing school work now as

I am doing school work now as we speak, HTML and XHTML

mondogecko
You do know that when the

You do know that when the worker was here, we saw a spark in the back right corner right? could it be that microprocessor that went bad? just suggestions.

mondogecko
Hey larry, your email address

Hey larry, your email address that you sent me was wrong or something, it sent back an error. Please let me know if I had wrong or a new one if possible, I can send the info. Thanks alot

mondogecko
yes I have it right, but it

yes I have it right, but it keeps sending back when I add the file. I don't know how else to send it. Any ideas?

mondogecko
larry I sent it again, have

larry I sent it again, have you still not received the manual? I justed to make you got it. thanks for the help. I am supposed to have someone come "adjust" the tv wednesday but I am sure that will not cover this problem. Do you think I could fix this problem myself? so I can call this guy back and tell him nevermind. Thnx

Larry Dillon
I recieved the manual but it

I recieved the manual but it is a hard call on this as it is all digitally controld throuh a bus line rom the micro to the video processor IC. The bet thing to do is see if you can adjust the et first to a good grey scale, lack and wite picture with no color on it. then turn up the color, see if the tint works better if not try the video processor first. This is a hit and miss repair.

mondogecko
ok. the tint cannot be

ok. the tint cannot be adjusted at all. I did my best with no color on b/w picture. there is absutely no yellow color and a couple others. I should have sent you the schematics manual also, sorry. would that maybe help? will I be able to use a multimeter to test things on the circuit? thanks for your time.

robert

Alnp
mondogecko, which input are

mondogecko, which input are you using ?

see p32 and up of the philips_dptv300_training_manual.pdf ,
available here:
http://www.techlore.com/group/2/list_downloads

and the document listed there as DPTV305.pdf
is the correct service manual for your set.

mondogecko
alnp, hey I don't have any

alnp, hey I don't have any errors. page 32 shows errors. Is this what you were talking about? If you are asking about inputs for a/v then I use the RGB on video 1 and RGB on video 4 and both have the same problem. Any other ideas? Thanks

mondogecko
alnp, hey do you have any

alnp, hey do you have any idea if the tint/sharpness controller is located in back right corner on the circuit? I saw a spark, maybe thats it. Or do you know where to find it on the schematic? I am not that good yet at schematics. If you could point it out where it is located on the board I would greatly appreciate it. thanks.

robert

Alnp
I was referring p32 of the

I was referring p32 of the dptv300 training manual, not the service manual, but
the same info is on p76 of the DPTV305 service manual.
"When RGB input is used, there is no tint control available for the signal"
Try using any input but RGB, i.e. composite, s-video, antenna and see if they have the tint control.

mondogecko
gotcha, i will check that

gotcha, i will check that when I get back from school. thnks

mondogecko
PROBLEM SOLVED!!! The dumbass

PROBLEM SOLVED!!! The dumbass that came and fixed the tv the first time inserted the RGB plugs into the wrong slot on the video board. the not so "professional" rushed and did the job wrong. oh well, lesson learned. Thanks alot for your help guys.

Larry Dillon
Oh my gosh, That would

Oh my gosh, That would certainly mess things up!

Alnp
Good job.

Good job.
That is an easy to make mistake for anyone. I shudder to think how many otherwise successfully repaired great RPTV's go to the landfill with overlooked connector issues. Not to mention bad solder joints....

Pages

Connect With Techlore