Mitsubishi WT42313

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mitsubishi wt-42313
Mitsubishi WT42313

I have a Mitsubishi WT42313 that I bought 3 1/2 years ago - worked great until this week!  When I try to power up the unit, I get a high-pitched whine for about 3 seconds, then the unit powers right back off.  The whine appears to come from the left side (facing the screen), but I'm not 100% about this.  I've read numerous posts trying to find a similar problem, but haven't seen this one yet.  Is this another case of bad cap's on the DM module or something different?  Any help is always greatly appreciated.

Larry Dillon
This one does not sound like

This one does not sound like the DM board problem. That high pitched noise is the power supply starting up and being overloaded, like a direct short in the set somewhere. You will need to do a diagnostics on the set and see what two digit code is displayed if any can be because of the short. I would have to first guess that there is a problem in the main power supply. This is a very sophisticated Switch mode power supply and could be anything from a regulator circuit, to a small capacitor on the secondary side of the power supply. Unfortunately, I do not have a service manual for this TV set. If you understand how the basic circuits work and have any solid state repair experience, you can down load the service manual from HERE If you get the manual and send me a coy, there is a possibility that we could lead you in the right direction. BUT, be truthful with yourself on the amount of skill you have to work on a solid state TV set. If you have no experience, save your cash and call in a pro to assist you in this repair. Good Luck, and let us know how this turns out for you.

Mitsubishi wt-42313
Thanks Larry - I may crack it

Thanks Larry - I may crack it open and see if anything obvious is shorted and take a few readings - have plenty of troubleshooting experience and I appreciate any help you could give.  I'll grab me a manual.

Mitsubishi wt-42313
Larry,

Larry,

I finally determined how to get the error code - it is giving me code 23 - error in Horizontal

Deflection Failure.  Does this seem reasonable given the whirring/whining noise at power up?  I still  
 haven't bought a manual.   
Larry Dillon
Yes it does. Probably the

Yes it does. Probably the horizontal output transistor, or could be a bad convergence IC. Get the manual. You are shot gunning it if you do not. But if you aer not experienced with reading and following circuit flow of a schematic, it would be a waste of money.

Scott73
Any progress on this issue? I

Any progress on this issue? I have the same exact problem on my VS 4543A.

Connect With Techlore