Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
ryan roop
wow this was really helpful i

wow this was really helpful i'm going to go to radio shack right now do you think you could send me those dirictions also thanks in advance [email protected]

splatee
I'm about to purchase a

I'm about to purchase a mitsubishi medallion ws-65819 or ws-65869 " not sure of the model # have not get a reply back yet from sell" off the local craigslist for practically free. It does not power up, just has a countinouse blinking timer. Now does this fix apply to it as well. I am having trouble finding info for it if it is a ws-65819 model. I heard that it does not have a DM board so no cap fix.
I found info for the ws-65869 model though.
The person said he went to turn it on and it just has a constant blink. Now I am thinking about not picking this up if it is going to cost a few hundred to fix, I could just use it towards something else.

Thank you

Hddale85
Hi I know this is an old

Hi I know this is an old thread but I was curious if I could get these files and the service manual? I have a WS-65819.

Edit: Nevermind I found the service manual.

Garyinmpls
I have a WS65869 rear

I have a WS65869 rear projection TV. After a power outage today, the green timer light blinks. I have tried reset, power off, unplug everything, power on, and still it blinks. After reading some forums, I have tried holding menu + device to get error codes. Just continues to blink at a constant rate. From other emails, this is a common problem and you have instructions. Could you email them to me? Thanks.

toygester67
My tv will not come on. When

My tv will not come on. When we plug the tv in, the plug kind of sparks, then the green light blinks for a few seconds then goes off completely. We can turn the tv on with the power button, it stays on (without a picture) and turns back off.

I have tried pressing the device button and the enter button and we are getting the number 12 code.

I need some help please? I have tried everything I have read online and no success! THANKS in advance! Any help is appreciated... ( Its a Mitsubishi 55" ws- 55511 )

Nichole Helenthal
Please send me the

Please send me the instructions to fix the "green blinking light of death" on the Mitsubishi WD52525 projection television set. We just got this about a month ago and now the green light is blinking. Please help and send to my email at: [email protected] Thanks!

L_J
Long shot here, and I haven't

Long shot here, and I haven't read all 103 pages of comments. We had the problem with our Mitsubishi WD-57732 about 5 months ago where the set would turn off about 30 sec after turning on, error code saying the lamp was hot. Got that repaired (lamp replaced).

Now, went to try and turn on the TV using the remote (but same thing happens with the front panel buttons). Get a rapid blinking, non-patterned green light gor about 60 sec. Pauses if holding down the reset button. Goes off after about 1 minute. Nothing happens otherwise with the TV. Try to retrieve the error code and get a 1-2. If you try pushing power again without resetting or unplugging it, get nothing, no blinks, etc. If I unplug it, it will give the same green blinking the next time I attempt to power it on.

I browsed the TV repair site Larry, but can't find info for my model:
WD-57732. Is this a possibility for this model too? Can you help me out?
email is: lookylou01 (at) gmail (dot) com

Jeff_123
Wow, this is a common problem

Wow, this is a common problem with Mitsubishi tv's. I have the dreaded blinking green light of death... I think it's time to upgrade to something more reliable.

For those that have done the fixes, how long have your tv's lasted since? Would it be better off to sell the unit then to continually fuss with this brands issues?

Jeff_123
Wow, this is a common problem

Wow, this is a common problem with Mitsubishi tv's. I have the dreaded blinking green light of death... I think it's time to upgrade to something more reliable.

For those that have done the fixes, how long have your tv's lasted since? Would it be better off to sell the unit then to continually fuss with this brands issues?

Bob G
If I'm not mistaken (and I

If I'm not mistaken (and I could be) I believe that Larry lost his battle with cancer and don't know if any Techs are responding to this thread. Lookylou01 I'm not a tech or TV repair person. But your problem does sound like the capacitor issue. If they don't have your Service manual in there downloads on this site you can try Service manuals .com mine cost me $15.00 but they didn't have it available here at the time. I did the capacitor replace almost 2 years ago now and the TV is still working fine. Make sure you use the high temp caps recomended by Larry. If you decide to do the repair take your time and handle the board carefully. Good luck

Richard L.
Good Day Speed,

Good Day Speed,
Mitsubish "blinking Green Light" Would the info. for the Mitsubish 65" WS-65813 also apply to the Mitsubish WD-52725

lowets
larry have the same problem

larry have the same problem with my mitsubishi ws65513 is it at all possible to email me the repair information? would be greatly appreciated.

Tritang

larry have the same problem with my mitsubishi ws65513 is it at all possible to email me the repair information? Can I pick up the caps at a Radio Shack? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tritang

larry have the same problem with my mitsubishi ws65513 is it at all possible to email me the repair information? would be greatly appreciated.

BLAKER383
LARRY I HAVE A MODEL WD52528

LARRY I HAVE A MODEL WD52528 AND THE TIMER LIGHT IS FLASHING. CAN YOU PLEASE E MAIL ME THE REPAIR INFO ? [email protected] THANK YOU

skoogbox
Is it still possible to get

Is it still possible to get theses instructions? If so, email them to [email protected], thanks.

Ben_D
Larry,

Larry,

Thank you for all the help you give everyone. My in-laws have a ws73513 that occasionally shuts off and also gets the flashing green light. Fortunately, theirs blinks green for about a min. And turns off and they can turn it back on. If it gets worse then I can try this fix for them. I was wondering if you would be able to send me the information to [email protected]. I know is an old thread, but here's to hoping. Thank you.

evil
LARRY is no longer with

LARRY is no longer with us
http://www.techlore.com/forum/thread/30723/Farewell-Larry/

You can find the instructions on this repair in the SERVICE MANUAL section

Erika
SAME frustrating issue. Can

SAME frustrating issue. Can someone help??

Robert Murphy
Larry, I am another victim of

Larry, I am another victim of the "Mitsu Blinking Green Light" syndrome. Would you mind sending me some directions as well?

thanks so much

mcuyos
I have a 2 year old

I have a 2 year old mitsubishi wd-60737. one night watching tv. next morning the green light blinks and the blue welcome screen lights briefly. then it all shuts down. unplugged it for 24+ hours, no difference. Help!!

evil
Go to the link below for a

Go to the link below for a repair kit for your model.

White
I am having the same blinking

I am having the same blinking light problem with my 65" could you please send me the instructions.Thanks in advance for your help.

White
I have a ws65515 with the

I have a ws65515 with the same blinking light problem would you please send me the information needed.Thanks kn advance for your help

evil
Try the link below for a

Try the link below for a repair kit for your model.

JitR
I have Mitsubishi 65inch

I have Mitsubishi 65inch model WS-65819 and since last week TV never get turn off, initially it turned off after 1 hr watching ( few months back) and than every 1/2 hr ( last one month) and now never turn off, it just blink and get off.
six months ago spent $300 to replace convergence STK IC and was working fine. But now it is never turn off.
So could you please send me the instructions how to fix or estimate cost would be.
I have some experience of soldering.
Thanks in advance for your help.

evil
Does the light just blink on

Does the light just blink on the front when you try to turn it on?

JitR
Just blink once and turn off

Just blink once and turn off

evil said: Does the light just blink on the front when you try to turn it o

evil
Try holding device and menu

Try holding device and menu on the tv for 5 seconds after you turn it on and it shuts down. see how many times it blinks then. If it pauses you stop counting and start over when it continues to blink again. Then add the blinks from before it paused and after then that is your number.

Electronic House
I would love a copy of the

I would love a copy of the repair manual for this blinking green light of death. Thank you. [email protected]

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore