Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
luboi3
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with a mitsubishi 57 inch wd-57733 my tv will not power up and the light will just continue to blink with no sound or light. the lamp is brand new so its not that and i was wondering if i could possibly get the instructions/ direction emailed to try and replace the dm board.. Thank you

[email protected]

MrBeeeee
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have a WD-65731 with a blinking green light. Can I please get the instructions to replace the bad caps? Can you also let me know what caps I should buy? Thank you very much in advance my friend! Please send to [email protected].

Mr B

Tim S
After much research on the

After much research on the subject, I returned to a couple of the key forums from which I had extracted info from to report back that I performed this repair on my WS-55859 at a cost of under $20.00 (7 caps- 1000mF, 16V, 105C @ $1.90ea) and excluding the internet research time, took about 3 hours.

Here are a couple good posted sources for those in search of the info. I hope the authors are ok with me pointing folks their way.

This link will tell you exactly were to FIND and access the caps on a WS-55859: http://www.jeremyburns.com/Mitsubishi-Green-Blinking-Light-Fix.pdf

This link provides more info on the particular Cap selection and remove and replace: http://www.techlore.com/article/24711/Mitsubishi-Blinking-Green-Light-Re...

One last VERY IMPORTANT NOTE: The repair instructions that I found, do not talk about cap POLARITY. It is imperative that when you install the new caps, the plus/minus are correct (otherwise it will cost you $40 to fix…). In general, caps are not prominently marked, and so it is easy to assume they can go in either direction. Generally, there are markings on the cap band identifies the negative lead, but it is not always be labeled as “-“. Also, most times the positive lead is longer than the negative. Correspondingly, the circuit board will have a “+” marked, but it is advisable to look at the old installed caps before removing to ensure you know what the polarity is suppose to be.

One last thing- As long as you have the back of your set off, take time to CAREFULLY clean the three lamps. You will be amazed at the improvement in picture quality once you have powered up and you are patting yourself on the back when the picture comes back to life from the evil and dreaded GBLOD.

Anyway. ThatÂ’s my story. My set has been working fine now for two weeks now.

Many thanks to those who shared and good luck to those that follow.

micmouse10
can someone please send me

can someone please send me the guide? thanks [email protected]

JohnBe
Hi Larry I have a WD52525 and

Hi Larry I have a WD52525 and would like if u can send me the guide for this.... I really hope this works it would save me a ton of money.

Thanks and kind regards
John

GWilhelm
Hello all- I've got a power

Hello all- I've got a power issue as well. I can hear a fan running inside the unit but no power or lights on the front of the T.V. I wasn't home to see if it had the flashing green light. My son called Mitsubishi tech support, and they had him try the reset button as well. Still no light on the front? Any thoughts? Larry? Model# WD-628256

brads65
Just happened to me this

Just happened to me this morning.  Could you send me the instructions to do this fix please Larry.

thanks  [email protected]

Tim Seibert
I have the Model WD-62528 I

I have the Model WD-62528 I've had this for ahout 4 years and been great. About 6 months ago I had to replace the lamp and it was easy to do. Today the TV would not turn on by the remote or the manual button on the bottom.

I did the A/V reset in is mentioned in the book. The green light was flashing for about 30 seconds and sill nothing has happened.

I'm kinda lost here on were to go. I see there might be a capacitors issues from previous post. I saw that you have a manual on how this is done and what type they are.

Can someone help me on this. I would be greatly thankful. I dont want to get another tv is possible..

Thanks to everyone..
email: [email protected]

Tim

Katherine K.
Just got the blinking green

Just got the blinking green light problem. Could someone forward me the cap replacement instructions plz. My email is [email protected]. thanks for any help

Katherine K.
I have a 65731 and I got the

I have a 65731 and I got the blinking green light problem today. Could someone plz send me the info for the cap replacement. My email is [email protected] and thank you

Williamson10157
If someone could sent me the

If someone could sent me the directions as well, I would greatly appreciate it. [email protected]

Joe Barrow
Hello Everyone,

Hello Everyone,

A few weeks ago I experienced the dreaded blinking green light of death on my WD-65-734.  I initially replaced the bulb without success.  After reviewing Larry's comments, I removed the lower back cover off the TV and removed what I will call the mother board assembly.  When facing the back of the TV, this is the assembly to the left.  I believe this is referred to as the DM module.  The power cord runs into this assembly and several connections run into the assembly from a separate assembly to the right, which is located to the left of where the lamp assembly is inserted.  There are numerous cable connections that plug into the DM Module assembly.  These connections all use different size clips, so are pretty fool proof to disconnect and reconnect.  Upon inspecting the motherboard I immediately noticed the three very large 820uf capacitors had leaked a solid beige colored liquid at their base onto the mother board.  The liquid has the consistency of dried toothpaste. 

I'm stationed in South Korea, where electronic repairs are fairly inexpensive, so I'll be taking the motherboard to the local TV repairman to get an estimate on the repairs.  I'll let you all know how it turns out. 

As a side note, I did write Mitsubishi Customer Service explaining my problem and that I was stationed in South Korea.  They replied by telling me to contact their 1-800 number to locate a local US Repair Facility to have an authorized repairment come out to diagnose my set for out of warranty service.  They didn't seem to grasp the fact I was in SOUTH KOREA.  Not that I really expected them to.  Regardless, it is pretty dissappointing that a TV I bought in Sep 2007 already has problems.  But thanks to this forum I was at least able to narrow down the likely cause. 

Thank you for the help!

Joe

A.Merritt
Mr larry It sounds like ur da

Mr larry It sounds like ur da man i need to holla at could u please send me the info on da caps" so i can try and fix my tv i had called a repair man out he came looked at it and said it wuz some power supply part and it wuz a small part he took it to order da part didnt here from him in a couple days and wen i got a hold of him he said he had to send it in for repair cuz they didnt hav it anymore it wuz obsolete it had to get reparied and that wuz wen the nba playoffs wuz going on i jus now wuz able to get in touch wit him he had my part and i wuz stuck he came over supposed to put it in and it still dont work now he is saying it is sum dmd board im verry pissed off football is here and i dont hav my 60inch please help i am handy im a hvac tech so i do no about da caps" matter of fact my meeter will allow me to check microfarad's so i can see if they are bad even if they are not pregnant so if u will send me the info and thanxx a bunch hopefully that will save my problem and that repair mans a-- oops i mean another trip Lol hav a good day Sir. Mr 60 inch in the living room with no picture.... and im readyyy for sum footballlll.

Cokelady15
Larry, I too have the

Larry, I too have the dreaded blinking green light and am willing to change the capaciters myself. Please send the instructions to me at the following email addy" [email protected]. Many thanks!

Joyce

RichardShock
hey larry i'm having the same

hey larry i'm having the same problem. can you send me the instructions to my email at [email protected] . thanks!

Jesus Mancera
Larry,

Larry,
My TV is not receiving the signal from Cable (COX). The input for Antenna A failed a year a go, I switched to Antenna B and now is not working either. I already reset the TV but did not fix the problem. If I access the menu I can see it clear on screen. It seems to be that something went wrong with the inputs for Antenna A & B. Do you have any idea what could've gone bad? If yes, do you sell any repair kit? My TV is a Mitsubishi WS-65513

Thanks,
Jesus M.

Cokelady15
Can someone send me the "fix"

Can someone send me the "fix" for the infamous green flashing light on my mitsubish 65 in TV? It's a WS65513. Email addy is [email protected]

Thanks!

Tmello
Hi i have the blinking green

Hi i have the blinking green light problem. tv still powers on after a few tries, but i'm guessing the capacitors are going out. If you could please send me the instructions i'd be thankful. [email protected]

thanks,

Troy

joe v
just found this site, have

just found this site, have the same blikning death problem with my 65513.

Larry, I would also like to receive the link and info for fix.

Couldn't find the answer re whether Mitsubishi has accepted responsibility for the problem, Any good news on that score/
Joe

KLyon
Hi Everyone,

Hi Everyone,
Add me to the list of people hoping that the capacitor fix saves my WS-65909. Can someone kindly send the instructions to [email protected] ?
Thanks for the help!
Kevin

southpawaz
thanks for the advice I been

thanks for the advice I been watching this stupid light blink for months.
I would appreciate if you send me your fix it instructions and I can solder.
Thanks again.

southpawaz
Hi Larry

Hi Larry
You must be one busy guy. I appreciate all that you do and I know all the people you helped appreciate you to.
I have the same problem with the dreaded green light.I don't know what Mitsubishi was thinking when they put those small capacitors in this unit.
can you send me the info as well as all the other you helped
I have a Mitsubishi 65513
my email is [email protected].
thanks a lot Larry

entreri
Go here: http://www.techlore
Beheler101
To Larry or anyone else who

To Larry or anyone else who may be able to help here, Im in the same boat with my TV. Its a Misubishi 65", has the same issue with the timer light. Wont power on. Any instructions that can step me through repairing it myself would be a tremendous help and greatly appreciated.
My email is [email protected]

Thank you to anyone who can help me here.

Stans
Larry,

Larry,

I too am having the blinking light problem. Would you please send me the instructions to replace the bad caps? I have the model WS 55711

Thank you

Stans
[email protected]

garrett82
Larry, could I get a copy,

Larry, could I get a copy, same blinking light problem on the 52525

Roni D
Larry I have the same problem

Larry I have the same problem, blinking green light. Could you send me a copy also on how to fix it? [email protected]

greg805
The fix is easy. . Unplug and

The fix is easy. . Unplug and Remove the back of tv. Tak a picture of the guts. Tehn remove DM Module. Then unsolder 9 caps. Install new ones and reinstall board. Reconnect cables. See picture for reference if needed. Carefully plug in tv and secure wall cord to wall if necessary. Cross your fingers , and grabb your remote.

Greg

The pics of the DM module are out there.

nance1952
You are a lifesaver!  Please

You are a lifesaver!  Please send me directions to fix this darn green blinking light problem.  I am not a solderer, so I will contact someone to do this.  E-mail me at [email protected]

Thanks again, Larry!

garrett82
I am having the same problem

I am having the same problem Larry, could you send me the instructions to fix it?

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore