Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
AZ Junk Man
Larry please send me the fix

Larry please send me the fix info for a 65" WS65909 replacing the caps please, i have the blinking timer light also. thanks  [email protected]

Larry Dillon
have you tried to take off

have you tried to take off the dm case and install it without the case then try it? then let it blink till it stops( about 60 to 90 secs.) then unplug and re-install the case. please try this as I have seen this a million times most likely if this does not work you might have a small surface mounted fuse blown on the DM board on the solder side do not just say it looks OK you need to check it with a ohm meter for full continuity please.
Larry D.

mousie_1983
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:

have you tried to take off the dm case and install it without the case then try it? then let it blink till it stops( about 60 to 90 secs.) then unplug and re-install the case. please try this as I have seen this a million times most likely if this does not work you might have a small surface mounted fuse blown on the DM board on the solder side do not just say it looks OK you need to check it with a ohm meter for full continuity please.
Larry D.

when it goes to power up and the light starts blinking you can hear a ticking noise from the back of the tv

mousie_1983
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:

possible bad convergence ic's ??
Larry

and what is that are where do i find these things?

Gary 1971
Larry Dillon said:

Larry Dillon said:
If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

Larry

Could you send me the procedure to fix my Mitsubishi TV, I have the green blinking light problem.

Thanks

Gary

RobertCol
I have the same problem with

I have the same problem with my WD52525. The green light just flashes and flashes. If this fix will work with my DLP please send the instructions to [email protected]

Really appreciate the help.

Enasniclown
please email me fix

please email me fix instructions, i have a WD52525, i am having the same blinking timer light, please send me the intructions to fix, my email is [email protected], thanks for the help

Larry Dillon
Gary,The best advice I can

Gary,The best advice I can tell you is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!on the DLP SETS there is a lot more that is wrong with the set!!!! you need to contact Mitsubishi on the DLP type sets!!
Larry D.

Trek
I of course is having the

I of course is having the same problems with my tv. Can you please email me the directions at [email protected]
Thank you

SUNNY
Model # WS5551, Mitsubishi TV

Model # WS5551, Mitsubishi TV. Working great this morning, We unplugged it for a few hours and now there is a blinking green light on the front and it will not turn on. There is no noise coming from the TV. Confergence was fixed bout 6 months ago. Fixable or is this the end?

Larry Dillon
the model number is located

the model number is located on the back cover of this tv set om a label please submit the complete model so we can send you the proper fix for this set.
Larry D.

Larry Dillon
the model number is located

the model number is located on the back cover of this tv set om a label please submit the complete model so we can send you the proper fix for this set.
Larry D.

hbroadie
please email me fix

please email me fix instructions. I have a WD52525 and i am getting the blinking timer light. Please send me the instructions to fix it. My email [email protected], thanks for the help.

randyG
Larry,

Larry,

I'm probably the 1000th person to ask, but could you send me the cap fix instructions for the blinking light. I have the same pesky blinking green light. I was away during a power outage and now all I get to watch is the blinking light.

Thanks,

Randy

Larry Dillon
no randy about the 10,000th

no randy about the 10,000th lolT he best advice I can tell you is to go to and ordehttp://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larryr the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon,

Larry Dillon
no randy about the 10,000th

no randy about the 10,000th lol The best advice I can tell you is to go to and order ttp://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry the blinking light kit for your model of set, the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon,

Dave Powell
Hello Larry, I too have the

Hello Larry, I too have the blinking green timer light and would like the instructions to replace the capacitors? Please email them to [email protected]. Thanks!

laura-ann
I have a problem much like

I have a problem much like everyone elses. but when i turn my tv on the green light stays on solid for about 1 minute. then the tv turns off. i used the reset and nothing different. i turn the tv on only thing i get is a solid green led, no picture then tv shuts its self off.

2006 model 52531
i have replaced the bulb also

laura-ann
larry

larry
could you send me the instructions that you have plz.
i checked tvrepairkits.com and they dont have anything for my tv

my green light doesnt blink it is solid but no pic.
wd52531 lcd hd pojector tv

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
[email protected], sorry

[email protected], sorry you posted under the wrong model thread your model does not have the quick easy fix!!!!!
Larry D.

joeaksa
Larry,

Larry,

A new one here. Over a year ago, possibly two, I repaired a friend of mine's Mit 48 inch television with your help. Put 4 new Caps in and it worked great for all this time.

She goes to visit a friend for a week and returns home to find that the house has lost power and everything has reset itself and clocks flashing. This unfortunately includes the television which now has the flashing green light again.

As the TV has the newer better caps in the DM board, any suggestions on this problem? Doubt that the new caps have gone out this time.

Thx,

Joe A
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
if it is not the caps then

if it is not the caps then there is a voltage missing from the power supply or the DM is bad!!!!The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, click here please:
http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!

Larry D.

joeaksa
Larry, the caps have already

Larry, the caps have already been replaced with upgraded high temp versions, so why buy new ones to replace the good ones in the DM board now? $70 for 4 caps and a fuse that are not needed is a bit steep.

Do you think that the fuse is blown causing this? If yes then I will pop the back off and check it but being unemployed (and part Scottish) keeps me from buying something that has already been replaced with upgraded parts.

Thx,

Joe A

Larry Dillon
you have to realize how much

you have to realize how much time goes into making the pictorial directions for these kits yes pop the case off and see if any of the capacitors are bad, see if any have the tops that have expanded or swollen!
Larry D.

MattF
Not sure if you happen to

Not sure if you happen to still be getting notofocations on this old, old thread, but I too am having this problem on model # WS-55909

Any email help appreciated: [email protected]

Thanks to all!

bdombrow23
Hi Larry - I'm having the

Hi Larry - I'm having the same blinking light problem as well. I have the WS-73909. Could I please have the instructions to fix this, I have experience with soldering.

Many thanks!! Glad to see there is someone to help!

Cheers,

Brian

bdombrow23
Larry Dillon said: If you are

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so. If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

Larry,

Can I please have the instructions for the WS-73909 - I believe it is the DM issue as discussed above.

[email protected]

Thank you,

Brian

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the blinking light kit for your model of set, click here please:
http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry the kit comes with the high temperature/ high frequency/long life 105 Celsius type capacitors (not those cheap Radio Shack caps) full easy to follow pictorial directions, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem, all kits are shipped out within 24 hours in most cases, 2 to 3 day Priority mail. GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon,

bdombrow23
Larry,

Larry,

thank you, i'll go ahead and order that and fix this.

Many Thanks,

Brian

Larry Dillon
no problem Brian Just follow

no problem Brian Just follow the enclosed directions to the letter no shortcuts please as shortcuts get many kit do-it-yourselfers get into trouble when omitting a step, or when not sure you should stop right away and ask us before messing something up.
Larry D.

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore