Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
broke65
Hi,Larry

Hi,Larry

I have a WS-65909 with the led flashing and never turns on. Any help would be helpful. Please send to [email protected]. Thanks

Aardwark
Hi-

Hi-

I just took apart my WD 62825 and it is like going through a bowl of spagetti to get to the DM board. We did replace the capacitors but still have the blinking green light of death. I would be happy to offer advice on how to get to the DM board if anyone is interested!

Good luck--- I am glad I am not the only one having this problem It is such a waste for these TVs to only work for 3 years or less!

Dawn
[email protected]

snickers
Larry,

Larry,

I'm another Mitsubishi 65513 blinking green light person, can you please send me the instructions to fix it? my email is: [email protected]

Thank you!!!!!!!!!

Larry Dillon
They are on their way

They are on their way snickers, Good Luck with the repair.

Larry Dillon
broke65, I am sending out the

broke65, I am sending out the repair documents as well as the factory service manual very shortly. Good luck with this repair.

broke65
Larry, I just received the

Larry, I just received the repair document, but I think it's the wrong one. I have WS-65909. I opened the DM & it had seven caps and they all looked OK. This is what happened. WE were watching a dvd movie when it was over I tried to switch device and the tv turned off. So I tried to turn it back on, the led turn on for 3sec. and it turned off .I can hear a relay click on the back. I tried to reset but it did the same. The led turns on I hear a click and led turns off and hear the click again. Please  help. Thank you

Larry Dillon
broke65, you posted on the

broke65, you posted on the WS65513 thread? Your problem is NOT the DM. Most likely the convergence IC went out and took out the circuit protectors. You got the wrong info because you did not start a WS-65909 thread, or did you look for a WS-65909 thread? Sorry you got the wrong info. One thing I can tell you, if the green light does stop flashing? Your problem is NOT the DM.

broke65
Sorry new to these. I'll keep

Sorry new to these. I'll keep on looking. Thank You again.

ThomasW
Got my high temp caps in from

Got my high temp caps in from Mouser.  Digikey is back-ordered untiil January but Mouser shipped mine next day from TX.  Monday will be the day of truth.  I'll let you know if I'm successful, Larry.

Larry Dillon
Follow my link to mouser, I

Follow my link to mouser, I will NOT stear you wrong.

mindy
Larry,

Larry,

Could you please try and send that manual for the WS-65869.  My email is [email protected]  I am not sure what happened before, but I did not receive it.  Also, I noticed that this thread is for the ws65513, should I be looking somewhere else?  Thanks Again, Mike

HalW
I'm having the same green

I'm having the same green light problem with my WD-62825 can you please send me those repair instructions thanks my email is [email protected]

pick402

Hi Larry, My WS-65513 has the same flashing green LED light problem. Can you send me a copy of the manual and fixing instructions at [email protected]? Many thanks, Ty.

Larry Dillon
pick and HalW, The documents

pick and HalW, The documents to repair your TV set should be there soon.Good Luck

Ed Villar
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,

I have a Mitsubishi Diamond WS-65909, and I am getting the same blinking green light problem. When I turn the set on the green light stays on and I hear a click. After a few seconds though the tv just turns off. I have tried the capacitor fix and have replaced the capacitors on the DM board with the ones you recommended, but its still giving me the same problems. Do you have any insight on where I should look next? Any help would be much appreciated.  my email is [email protected]

Also can you please send me the repair manuals?

Best Regards,
-Ed Villar

eric lee
i also am having blinking

i also am having blinking green light problem w/ my mitsubishi tv. larry dillon, if you read this could you please e mail  me instructions etc to [email protected] i would greatly appreciate your help and knowledge. thank you........

Larry Dillon
Ed and Eric, the documents as

Ed and Eric, the documents as well as the service manual should be to yopu very soon. Good Luck with this repair.

shadetreenut
Hello,

Hello,

I have a WS-65513 that has the same blinking problem as the rest of these.  Could you send me the instructions and the service manual as well.  I appreciate your help and information.

Thanks

Steve   [email protected]

yakiper
Hi to all!

Hi to all!

This is very interesting site and unlike some others very helpful with real tips.

I hope that I'll bring also me repair experience with consumer devices.

Yakiper

Larry Dillon
Steve, I am sending the

Steve, I am sending the documents as well as the service manual early this morning. Good Luck with the repair.

pkn
Larry,

Larry,

Could you kindly forward me the documents regarding the DM fault?  My WD-52725 seems to be having the same issue with the blinking green timer light.  I wonder why Mitsubishi hasn't had any type of recall or notice regarding this widespread problem?  Thank you in advance!

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Paul, wrong thread, different

Paul, wrong thread, different model, but I will send you out the info and documents for your model. Good Luck

Marci0330
Larry Dillon said: If you are

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

I am having the same problem with my WS 65315.  Can you send me the fix and the repair manual?

My e-mail is [email protected] or [email protected]

mommyk
Hi it seems I've found the

Hi it seems I've found the right place! My Mitsubishi 73713 had a squiggly screen at start up so I called Mitsubishi. They had me unplug and reset so now I have the eternal green timer blinking and they sugest I call a service tech.

Please send me the fix at [email protected]

Thank you in advance!

MommyK

campbell
I wanted to know if I could

I wanted to know if I could somehow recieve the instructions to fix the blinking green  light issue.  The model tv I have is a ws-55513, and I really dont want to buy a new t.v., any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanx

e-mail [email protected]

dave86z
Can you please email me a

Can you please email me a copy of the steps that need to be taken to fix the constant green blinking light problem. and if this doesn't work any ideas of fixing power supply issues.  My email is [email protected].  Thnaks

walt58
Dear Larry   I ordered the

Dear Larry   I ordered the parts that you suggested for my ws65513, my TV Died just before Thanksgiving...4 years almost to the day from purchase. I went to BEST BUY just to see what I would be up against If the repair didnt work..I wanted a SONY but it had speakers on the side so it would not fit in the Custom opening I created in the wall for my mitsu....I then spotted the new Mitsu 65 inch DLP with the new 1080P picture WOW but at 2499.00  I can wait right well now I find out its on a two day special at 1499.00 and 18 months no interest...yikes! well its gets better 1 hour before the store closes they hand me a 10 percent coupon now its about 1249.00 now i was traped, now i had to get it... Its so much better in all areas...oh yea I DID GET THE EXTENDED WARRANTY! THE NEW TV IS ABOUT 250LBS LIGHTER....Anyway I get the parts for the old TV and it accually works like new!!! now my Son calls me and thanks me often for his new,4 year old Mitsu that has a new lease on life, who knows It might even outlast the new on I got, wouldnt that be Ironic........THANK YOU LARRY .....WALT

radsbad
Larry Dillon said: If you

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, change the capcitors anyway. I have had a few that looked good but the capacitors were on their way out. Good Luck

Hey Larry, I am having the same symptoms with my TV. Would it be possible to get the instructions and service manual. Im at [email protected] I would really appreciate it.

Larry Dillon
I have just sent out the

I have just sent out the repair instructions as well as the factory service manual to all who left a good e-mail address. Good Luck with the repair. Oh, there is also a link where to find the right capacitors.

jbradley2093
I have a 62725 which I just

I have a 62725 which I just moved from one house to another.  After the move the set took a minute or so to power up and the Green timer light was flashing.  The unit powered up but had a very poor quality picture.  It looked very bright and white, and the color was very light.  The color was not warm at all... blue was grey, etc.  Well I returned to defaults, tried different input, etc.  NO LUCK.  I hit the reset button and now the unit does not power up - it just sits there with the Green timer light flashing.

Any ideas?  My buddy is an electrical engineer so circuit board repair is not an issue.  My email is [email protected] if anyone can help me.  I appreciate it in advance.

Thanks

Jason

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore