Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
JEFFREY
I admire your patience with

I admire your patience with all of us.  I have the blinking green timer light as well my tv is a mitsubishi hd model ws 55511.  May I get the documents as well?

email address is [email protected]

Thank you for your time it is really appreciated. 

Larry Dillon
I have just mailed all who

I have just mailed all who has asked for the documents, and I sent along the different service manuals also. Good Luck, and let us know how you all made out with this repair.

Lynne W-U
Larry Dillon said: If you

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, the capacitors are most likely not your problem.

hey larry any chance you could email me those instructions as well it would be very much appreciated, my email is [email protected],

thanks a lot you would be a life saver

david 

LDaugherty
Larry i'm having the same

Larry i'm having the same problem with the green blinking light.My tv is a ws-65513(mitsubishi).Would it be possible to get the instuctions emailed to me at [email protected]

Thanks so much it would save my day.

Tom

Larry Dillon
Tom your e-mail came back

Tom your e-mail came back three times man. What is the correct e-mail?  I got this message:

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at yahoo.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses.
This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.

<[email protected]>:
209.191.118.103 failed after I sent the message.
Remote host said: 554 delivery error: dd This user doesn't have a
yahoo.com account ([email protected]) [0] -
mta544.mail.mud.yahoo.com

Lisa Peet
My Mitsubishi ws65869 has a

My Mitsubishi ws65869 has a green flashing light. The repair estimate is $1441.50 for a new DM and EE board. The repairman said they needed to be replaced as a pair. Could you please sent me the directions on how to identify and repair the DM board?

Thanks

Dave

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
Sometimes the EE board does

Sometimes the EE board does go bad, thats why you should first repair the DM board and if the set works great!. If the set does not work, replace the EE board then.  I do not have the service manual for this set but I do have the different DM boiards that go to the different model numbers. I will send those to you. Good Luck

LDaugherty
Larry i'm sorry my correct e

Larry i'm sorry my correct e-mail is [email protected] dont know how the me at  got in there.If you could please try again or e-mail it to [email protected] you have a great day.

Tom

Larry Dillon
Tom, I sent the info to both

Tom, I sent the info to both addresses just to be sure you received them. Good Luck

jessa
Hi Larry I have the same

Hi Larry I have the same problem could you please send me the instructions to fix my ws65517

at [email protected]

Thank you very much

Jason

TedW
Great got the info and

Great got the info and greatly appreciated.  But where is everybody getting their capacitors at?  And out of everyone that requested the info, please did it work for you? See a few that it did not, but what about the rest of those zillion who had the problem and got the info?  What was your end solution?

Thanks

TedW 

Larry Dillon
Ted, you can get those

Ted, you can get those capacitors from Radio Shack if you are not replacing them with the high temp(105) types, or go to digikey.com or mouser.com and order them. It has come to my attention that about 20 to 25% of these repairs do not work but I have also been told by a few of those who were brave went back inside the TV set and look very carefully and found out that the DM board was not seated properly and all the way into the socket and plus on the main board. I myself has never had that problem but hey it is a good  thing to check. He told me he left off the cover from the DM board, installed the board to the main board and made sure he saw it go into the socket on the main board, then he installed the cover to the DM. I think all who have had this problem should go back into the TV set just to be sure. I have also had several reports that they had the DM replaced by a tech and the set worked. I also myself have had the power supply voltage going to the DM board to be low due to a bad capacitor in the power supply.

Joe Rent
Larry Dillon said: Ted, you

Larry Dillon said: Ted, you can get those capacitors from Radio Shack if you are not replacing them with the high temp(105) types, or go to digikey.com or mouser.com and order them. It has come to my attention that about 20 to 25% of these repairs do not work but I have also been told by a few of those who were brave went back inside the TV set and look very carefully and found out that the DM board was not seated properly and all the way into the socket and plus on the main board. I myself has never had that problem but hey it is a good  thing to check. He told me he left off the cover from the DM board, installed the board to the main board and made sure he saw it go into the socket on the main board, then he installed the cover to the DM. I think all who have had this problem should go back into the TV set just to be sure. I have also had several reports that they had the DM replaced by a tech and the set worked. I also myself have had the power supply voltage going to the DM board to be low due to a bad capacitor in the power supply.

Joe Rent
I replaced the capacitors in

I replaced the capacitors in the DM and unfortunately I still have the green blinkin light.  I called out a technician and he checked the voltage and stated the power supply is fine.  The technician said it might be the video board or the DM.  I went back in there and made sure the DM board is connected correctly and as far as I can tell it is.  The board is nice and snug into the socket.  Any recommendations as to what I should do next?

Thanks,

Joe   email:  [email protected]  

streak64
Larry,

Larry,

Can you e-mail me the same directions as everyone else? I have a ws-65712 with  the dreaded green blinking light. Thanks.

csheaff

[email protected]

TedW
Thanks Larry,

Thanks Larry,

It really is a shame just lookin at the numbers of people who have had their tv for 2-3 years and they have gone out. With such a catostrophic price fix loaming over them. This appears to be a design flaw in all regards. It is a wonder why a lawsuit has not been filed for the consumers in regards to this.

Everyone is lining up on this forum with the same problem. I ahev a Hitachi that has to be about 12 years old and never had a problem. Projection too.  So where did the Mitsubishi enginners not calculate right is the question. Or does this have a software program like some tv's and the software has an activation that seems to shutdown the tv at 3 years. Mine went out  almost exactly 3 years to the receipt date I had it set up. I think I could have had better odds with the powerball.

Does anyone know of any pending litigation with Mitsubishi on this? I mean how many are looking on the net and not just calling a tv repair man. And there has to be at least 50 people in just 2 weeks here alone.

Food for thought, ya know sometimes we have to take the hammer to the anvil.

Larry Dillon
Yea, tell me about it man. I

Yea, tell me about it man. I wish I could charge 50 bucks to all those who fix their TV sets! I would be out of debt in no time. I am not really sure about any litigation or anything that Mitsubishi is going to do, as they do have a warranty and a warranty does NOT have to be extended or honered if a problem occurs outside of a warranty period. The biggest problem with the DM board is that they did not use the proper types of capacitors. They used cheapo regular temp caps, and did not count on the DM to get hot inside the shielding.

Lanny
can you email the info to me

can you email the info to me as well. have ws65513 that we just moved to another room, working fine last night, now have the steady blinking light and don't know what to do. Any help appreciated.

[email protected]

LDaugherty
Thanks Larry, I recieved the

Thanks Larry, I recieved the info.Just have toget a day off to do it.You have been very helpful.

Thanks Tom

Meggieosso
Larry,

Larry,

Could you send me the directions too?  I have the blinking light issue this morning. 

[email protected]

Thanks

oldfoos
I too am stricken with the

I too am stricken with the BGLS (Blinking Green Light Syndrome). Can you add me to your list of people desiring our tv life back and send me the information also? My entire family would be in your dept.

Thanks,rc

eastendpars
hi larry,

hi larry,

i too unfortunately am among the victims of hte blinking green light.  i would very much like to donate to your efforts regardless if your document fixes the problem.  please send me a copy of your procedure and a paypal address too so i can donate to your cause.  thank you very much

kendall

eastendpars
hi larry,

hi larry,

i too unfortunately am among the victims of hte blinking green light.  i would very much like to donate to your efforts regardless if your document fixes the problem.  please send me a copy of your procedure and a paypal address too so i can donate to your cause.  thank you very much.  sorry forgot my email:

[email protected]
kendall

TestUser1
Hello,

Hello,

We have the WS-65513 and have the same situation with the blinking light.  Tried to reset and unplug the TV and it still keeps blinking.  Can you please send instructions for fixing to [email protected].

Thanks!!

boomvang
I just recently started to

I just recently started to experience the dreaded blinking green light and would greatly appreciate if anyone could e-mail me the schematics to fix the caps. E-mail to [email protected]

Thanks

Opsman

worm
Larry

Larry

Is ther a place you can send these DM boards in for repair or is ther a place referb them,it would make it alot easyer for some.

Larry Dillon
[email protected], kennos

[email protected], [email protected][email protected], [email protected], I mailed you all the documents you have asked for including the service manuals. Read everything through first and see what you need to use with your set. There are different boards in different models. Good Luck

worm
Update to all and any that

Update to all and any that have the green blinking light problem!!!!!!!! Here is the out come. 90% of the time it will be the 4 to 7 15V capacitors that need replaced. The price is $8 to $12 apiece and approximately $250 in labor. The 15V capacitors are unable to carry the load and pop within 3 years so replacement should be 20V. Mitsubishi knows of the problem yet makes it almost impossible to fix unless you take it to a service rep. for most expensive fix. Go figure RIGHT/ Know will never buy another brand Mitsubishi here so if you haven't suggest you don't either. Again to all that are not aware of the fix to the blinking green light problem it is almost always the result of the 15V capacitors which are popped do to poor design of the TV. when replacing ask your service tech to replace with 20V capacitors 

BTW - the 20v caps cost about 50 cents each  http://www.hobbyengineering.com/H1311.html

Lanny
Larry Dillon said: kelnsteff

Larry Dillon said: [email protected], [email protected][email protected], [email protected], I mailed you all the documents you have asked for including the service manuals. Read everything through first and see what you need to use with your set. There are different boards in different models. Good Luck

Hi Larry: I had also requested the info, not sure if it has been sent or not. I am not on this list. email is [email protected]

Thanks, Rod

Mill
larry my mitsubishi 65 inch

larry my mitsubishi 65 inch started doing the  same thing yesterday and i did all the crap they said and dont want to spend a grand unless i really have to. Could you please send me the info on how to repair the board and the manual.  here my email and thanks a lot to everyone who posted and thanks to you larry.   [email protected]  thanks a lot man.

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore