Mitsubishi WS65513 Blinking Green Light

2603 posts / 0 new
Last post
pastorkev
Hi Larry

Hi Larry

could you send me the instructions as well?  I have a 65513 Mitsubishi with the blinking green light.

Thanks

Pastor Kev

[email protected]

PS: see earlier post 

Steve Sherman
Larry Dillon said: If you are

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, the capacitors are most likely not your problem.

Please send me the fix thanks Steve  [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Pastor Kev, I hope the info

Pastor Kev, I hope the info finds it's way to you. Hope you are successful with this repair. If you have no experience soldering, please find someone who does. Good Luck

Tommy K
Forgot with my original

Forgot with my original request to include my email. I was so excited to find the forum, I forgot! Anyway, I possess the dreaded green blinking light and would greatly appreciate the manual and instructions if possible.

Thanks. Tommy K. in Arizona

[email protected]

Drarryl
Larry,

Larry,

I see this has become some what of a problem with Mitsubishi sets. I posted a couple days back and I am wondering if I could get a copy of the manual and instructions? Hope you can fit it in your schedule? Much appreciated.

Thanks

[email protected] 

kmg phoenix
FIXED!! This forum and Larry

FIXED!! This forum and Larry Dillon's expertise just saved me $6,000. My Mitsubishi WS-73713 had the blinking light problem. The TV repair service said it would likely cost about $1,000 to fix. I didn't want to put $1K into this TV (especially when I was seriously questioning its quality), so I ordered a large-screen plasma. I then found this forum, and Larry e-mailed the repair instructions to me. I bought four capacitors at Radio Shak ($1.59 each) and implemented the fix. (I suspect the job would be a bit daunting for someone without at least some low-level prior experience in circuit-board electronics.) After putting everything back together, I skeptically powered up the set, and, frankly, thought it would probably start smoking. It didn't. The picture is better than ever. The fix also resolved the interference lines I had started seeing on the screen in the months before the TV tanked. (I thought they were from my Blu-Ray DVD player I had added around the same time period.) Needless to say, I canceled the order for the $6,000 plasma. Thanks to all, especially Larry, for the posts and excellent information regarding this issue.

duboy
Larry - I seem to be having

Larry - I seem to be having the same problem. 

This past weekend, I moved my Mits WS-55513 to a different outlet.  The dreaded blinking light was all I was able to get.  I tried other outlets, and was able to get the TV to work.  I re-tried the outlet it didn't work in, and it finally did work.  The next morning, blinking light.  Tried different outlets again, but nothing this time.  I have concerns it goes beyond changing the capacitors, but thought I would at least try it.  Do you think you could send me the service manual and directions for my Mits WS-55513?  Thanks.  I certainly appreciate it.

[email protected]

Larry Dillon
duboy, these are the symptoms

duboy, these are the symptoms this set will have before the capacitors go bad altogether. I have sent you the documents as well as the factory service manual to the address provided. Good Luck

Larry Deickman
Larry Dillon said: Larry, It

Larry Dillon said: Larry, It could be the problem, as I have changed capacitors before that were not swollen on the tops and it fixed the problem. You could also have a problem in the main power supply. You will need to change the capacitors and see. If replacing the capacitors does not fix your problem, check the voltages going into the DM board. I will however send you  what I have on this set. Good Luck

I have got to say that I did not think that the capacitors were going to fix my WS-55511 because they looked good and I measured the capacitors at work and while they were all low (around 800uF) they seemed to be within the 20% rating. I did not check them with a DC voltage applied, so that might be why they did not fail. Any way, I changed out all 7 caps yesterday, put everything back together, cleaned the dust film of each of the CRTs, and it works fine.

My thanks again for your advice.

DerekInTexas
Larry,

Larry,

I would also like to thank you in advance for the valuable help you are offering everyone regarding this apparently very common problem.  I have a WS-65713 mfg'd in October 2003 with the same blinking green light symptoms which have been described so many times in this thread.  The unit will not power up, green light continues to blink and reset button does not help.

Please send service manual, photos, and your advice/instructions for repair for my model.  My email address is derekandjana at yahoo dot com (trying to avoid spam).

Thanks SO much,

Derek

Tommy K
Hi Larry: I realize you are

Hi Larry: I realize you are getting bombarded with the request for the fix on the now infamous 65513 blinking green light. If it would be possible to get the manual and the fix, I would greatly appreciate your help!

Tommy K. in Arixona

[email protected]

robinsnest

Larry Dillon said: If you are handy, and can solder, you may be able to save about 700 bucks if not more. There is a very common problem with these Mitsubishi TV sets. There is a digital board inside these puppies called the DM board. A lot of times there are four capacitors that go bad inside of these TV sets. Sometimes, depending on how bad the capacitors are, and if the capacitors did not blow out anything else on the Dm board, you can simply replace these four capacitors and this will fix your TV set. The average that this works on is about 65 to 70 % of the sets can be repaired with this fix. The others are power supply issues or the DM board has other issues. If you would like to attempt to repair your TV set, I will send you the instructions on how to do so.  If you do not know how to solder well, do not attempt to replace the capacitors yourself. Pay a pro to do this for you. After all you are already saving a bundle of cash. Leave an e-mail address, and I will forward you the fix with and without the light engine. And if the capacitors inside the board are not swollen on the tops, as the direction shows you what they look like, the capacitors are most likely not your problem.

Hi Larry,

I seem to be having the same problem with my Mitsubishi ws-55513 and would apreciate if you could send me the instructions please.  Thanks in advance.

[email protected]

pearlsrxdrummer7
Wow larry only if you started

Wow larry only if you started charging 5bucks a repair :) ... Im not sure if i fall in with these guys but i was watching my Mits WD-65732 when all a sudden it turned off and i had a red light..tried turning it back on and i would hear sound from the tv show but no picture..the tv is also making a clicking sound every 15 seconds, and it sounds like it is trying to power up but then fails, it will try about 4 times and then give up...kinda sounds like a quiet jet engine, you starts real quit then gets louder....i unplugged it and plugged it back in and now i have a blinking green light..any suggestions and could you please send me repair instructions to [email protected] i would really appreciate it..thanks Larry

j2wice

Larry,

I have the same problem with my WS-55613.  I left for vacation and now I have the blinking green light.  I think this has to be the same problem. The TV has the HD tuner in it but I use it as a monitor and everything goes through my audio/video receiver and the cable dvr.

Thank you,

My email is [email protected]

stuffmonger
Like everyone else in this

Like everyone else in this thread, I've encountered the blinking green light on my Mits 65813 -- tried all the standard fixes -- and am convinced after reading this board that I have the same capacitor problems as everyone else.  Could you send me a copy of the fix with pics.  I would really appreciate any help and will let you know how it goes.  My email address is [email protected].  Thanks,

dpturner

Marci
Larry Dillon, This place is a

Larry Dillon, This place is a gold mine for this problem I to am suffering with the GREEN FLASHING light syndrum and need a serious fix, If possible can you foward me a copy of the fix. [email protected] thank you for your assistance.

Larry Dillon
skool, and myeager, I have

skool, and myeager, I have sent you the documents to hopefully repair your TV set. But please be very careful. If you do not know how to solder, please find someone to do this for you. Good Luck.

Uncle Check
Hi Larry,  can you please

Hi Larry,  can you please send me the 'fix' for the Mitsubishi Blinking Green Light problem?  Thanks.  [email protected]

Larry Dillon
Ms Tique, very unique name, I

Ms Tique, very unique name, I have sent you the Info you wanted but I have to tell you to please be very careful and make the wires or cable connectors and where they go to. Good Luck

Larry Dillon
jf, tk, and Derik, I have

jf, tk, and Derik, I have sent all of you the documents you requested to repair your TV set. I just ask that you all be very careful and follow these directions to the letter and do not take any shortcuts. Also even if the capacitors do not look swollen, replace them anyway as i have and I have heard from many here that the caps. were not swollen but they were indeed the problem. Good Luck

Mr. D
I don't know about the

I don't know about the blinking green light but here are my symptoms.  While watching the TV there was a loud "PoP' sound from what sounded like below the screen of the TV.  The picture distorted a bit then as quickly as the pop rang out the picture was restored to normal.  The "PoP" happened again about a day or two later.  Only this time the picture didn't return.  I try to turn on the TV by pushing the power switch.  I hear a switch "Click on" where normally a second or two goes by before sound then the picture, but nothing and the TV powers itself down.  I can push the power button again and the same thing.  Click, two seconds later, Click off...  Do you think you may be able to help me.  I really need a troubleshooting guide.

Thanks a lot.

DeanB
Larry,

Larry,

I have a WS 55513 with the blinking green light problem.  At first, the TV would turn off after one minute.  Now the screen goes blank and I have to cycle power (this happens with no flashing green light).  The TV was purchased in May 2004.  I wonder if Mitsubishi has acknowledged the problem.  It's football season now and I have to get this repaired ASAP.  Would you please send me the repair instructions.  I do believe you should set up a donation link. There are many of us here that would gladly contribute!  On a side note, I purchased this TV at Ultimate Electronics with a 5 year warranty. I do not believe I am going to waste my time trying to collect!

Dean

[email protected]

stuffmonger
Larry, I've got the3 65813 --

Larry, I've got the3 65813 -- same old story.  I'd like to try to fix it myself.  Can you send me a copy of the manual you've put together?  I'm at [email protected].  Thanks.  dpturner

Ira Lebowitz
Larry,

Larry,

I have the WS65813 with the blinking green light and no picture syndrome. Could you please send me the repair instructions? Thanks, Ira

Larry Dillon
Ira to where, my crystal ball

Ira to where, my crystal ball is not working today

Ira Lebowitz
Larry Dillon said: Ira to

Larry Dillon said: Ira to where, my crystal ball is not working today

[email protected]   thanks

Mr. D
Mr. D said: I don't know

Mr. D said: I don't know about the blinking green light but here are my symptoms.  While watching the TV there was a loud "PoP' sound from what sounded like below the screen of the TV.  The picture distorted a bit then as quickly as the pop rang out the picture was restored to normal.  The "PoP" happened again about a day or two later.  Only this time the picture didn't return.  I try to turn on the TV by pushing the power switch.  I hear a switch "Click on" where normally a second or two goes by before sound then the picture, but nothing and the TV powers itself down.  I can push the power button again and the same thing.  Click, two seconds later, Click off...  Do you think you may be able to help me.  I really need a troubleshooting guide.  Thanks a lot.

Larry,  Would you happen to have any idea what may have caused the issue described above?

Larry Dillon
No, Sorry Mr D. You could

No, Sorry Mr D. You could have a bad flyback transformer, a bad High Voltage block, bad regulator that blew up capacitors or other parts. Going to be a repair that is going to need to be looked at. It could be just about anything. Good Luck

ni711
Larry,

Larry,

I'm having the same issues on my WS-65513, could you send me the manual if you get a chance.

thanks alot,

nick

[email protected] 

Larry Dillon
dean, ira, ni711, and turner,

dean, ira, ni711, and turner, I have sent out the repair documents you have requested. I have also sent out the factory service manual so you can clean your set if you do indeed get the set repaired. This repair is helping about 80% of the folks who attempt the repair to successfully do so. Good Luck to all of you and let us know how you made out with this repair.

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore