Sony kv 32ls60e 3 blinks

27 posts / 0 new
Last post
nokevin
Sony kv 32ls60e 3 blinks

Hi all, I have a Sony KV32LS60E the set will switch on and work for about 15 min then go to standby & flash the LED 3 times. I have read that the problem is the T603 and R672, i have taken the TV apart taken all the pcb's out and cant find the T603 & R672 can someone please tell me where it is please

Thanks

Steve

MOtvGuy
If you're going to attempt to

If you're going to attempt to work on that set by yourself I'd strongly suggest getting a service manual for it.

Silva
self-diagnostic LED code :

self-diagnostic LED code :

01 - reserved
02 - over current protection
03 - over voltage protection
04 - no vertical sync
05 - IKR error at power on
06 - I2C bus lines low at power on
07 - NVM no I2C acknowledge at power on
08 - horizontal protection
09 - tuner no acknowledge at power on
10 - sound processor error
11 - reserved
12 - scanrate error
13 - DAC error
14 - backend error
15 - dynamic convergence error
16 - PIP error

nokevin
Hi, thanks for the reply’s

Hi, thanks for the reply’s but all I need to know is on what PCB the 2 components T603 & R672 are located 

Thanks

Steve

Larry Dillon
Thats why you were told to

Thats why you were told to get a service manual for this TV set.  Where did you get this Info for thes parts  from?  I do not see these parts in this set.  Your problem is an overvoltage trouble, and is intermittant onr at that.

nokevin
Hi, i got it from a web site,

Hi, i got it from a web site, there are loads and loads of web sites saying:

THREE Blinks---B+ over voltage protection (OVP), unit goes to the standby mode then displays the 3 blink fault. This is also a problem in the power supply circuit, check T603 and R672.

so i thought i would change T603 and R672 and see if it fixes the priblem but i cant find T603 abd R672 thats why im asking

Thanks

Steve

nokevin
Just to let you know i have

Just to let you know i have got a service manual and it doesnt help 1 little bit

Larry Dillon
That is because those numbers

That is because those numbers in the manual does not exsist.  I,m afraid you got the wrong info my friend, But please lets see if we can help.  I will be looking over the manual on MOnday and see if I can find something for you.

nokevin
Thank you very much, any help

Thank you very much, any help with getting my TV working again would be very much appreciated

fiji070
Hi, I bought my sony tv about

Hi, I bought my sony tv about 5 and a half years ago and also have the very same problem and got the same answer that I needed those two parts is this true or not???????? maybe this is a problem on this model after this period of owning this tv?

zapdbf
That must be a european model

That must be a european model, I don't have access to the manual.

fiji070 - what model do you have ?

fiji070
On the label on the back it

On the label on the back it says kv-32ls60b

zapdbf
That is a uk model, i only

That is a uk model, i only have access to usa models. Sorry, i cannot help.

Giorgoc
got the same problem :(

got the same problem :(

any way to get out of this?

thanks,
G

albsoz
Hi guys,

Hi guys,

I have the same problem and have a Sony rear projection model TV, KP - ES43SN1. Anyone got a manual for that?

Thanks.

Eric Mingle
Hello i have a KDF50E2000

Hello i have a KDF50E2000 sony wega and it flashes three times after it shuts off. i heard its the lamp door, i heard its the T603 and R672. could somone please tell me is it worth fixing i bouhgt it new at sears in sept, 2006

Siddharth
Gents,

Gents,
Any idea how much does it costs to fix the problem when the LED blinks three times.

DO i have to replace the entire D board or some IC replacement works ?

Kindly help

Thanks

Siddharth
Gents,

Gents,

Please help me in finding the answer to below query...

When LED blinks three times...do i have to replace the entire D board..or just IC replacement works...

Kindly help
Thanks

Hain
Hi, unfortunately I got the

Hi, unfortunately I got the same problem with my TV is getting off after a while watching, than the Standby lamp flashes 3 time. Is it worth for a reperation or got someone a hint how to fix that problem? Seems that a lot of people were left alone with similar problems on that series of TV by Sony However I bought the Sony TV in germany and that was in jan 2005 - Sony Model No: KV-32LS60B was made in spain. Thankx everybody

albsoz
Folks,

Folks,

I think we're all out of luck. It's down to a small part of the board - but most repairers won't bother to spend time diagnosing exactly which component it is, which causes this power protection problem. I think it's probably down to a tiny part failing, which is causing the system to not hold its power steady.

In Australia, an authorised repairer tried to charge me $800, which is around the cost of a new plasma or LCD TV. So I'm going for that instead.

Who knows, maybe where you're from (hey it's partly the case in Australia too), maybe the economy is bad enough for them to have the time available to diagnose in detail inexpensively?

Andrew
I am having the same problem,

I am having the same problem, has anyone ever found a solution to this problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Andrew
Guys I have found the problem

Guys I have found the problem. I have found mine anyway. When I replaced my projection lamp, I failed to push the lever all the way down, but this was not the problem, just something you need to be sure to check. The problem was the lamp door. This needs to be shut properly. I found another thread where a guy had tried the same thing. It worked. The door clicks hard at the end to set itself. This worked for me. Hope it helps you.

Larry Dillon
i mentioned this a while ago

i mentioned this a while ago already here on techlore!!
Larry Dillon.

Jkuron
Eric Mingle said: Hello i

Eric Mingle said: Hello i have a KDF50E2000 sony wega and it flashes three times after it shuts off. i heard its the lamp door, i heard its the T603 and R672. could somone please tell me is it worth fixing i bouhgt it new at sears in sept, 2006

Hey i have the same problem just want to know what u had to do. fix or get new? 

Andrew
I had the same problem. When

I had the same problem. When you put the door back on make sure it latches all the way. That is it. I almost bought another TV over it. Fixed in a few seconds.

dazed and confussed
OMG!!!! Does anyone

OMG!!!! Does anyone understand all we want, is to fix our big screen TV!!!! I also have a Sony KF-50WE610 with the 3 blink error code. I replaced the lamp with a new one and now have the "three blinks of death" can this unit be repaired or do I put a bullet in it and bury it in the back yard next to the goldfish fluffy. Does anyone have a solution to the problem or board number that the elusive t603 and r672 components are found. If so please let me know. Thanks again for everyones support.

Kevin H
I had the same problem and

I had the same problem and read through all of these posts, one post said it was because the lamp door was not installed. I was checking operation with the front panels still off. Once installed it worked. THANKS GUYS!

Connect With Techlore