Mitsubishi WS-65711 HDTV Green Blinking Light

1107 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
The lamp could have been

The lamp could have been arching and causing the noise or the ballast is bad. I am surprised that they did not have a spare as a test lamp. I have several I purchased and use as "test lamps" in these projection TV sets. It saves a lot of time and money doing it that way. They are authorized Mitsubishi repair people if Mitsubishi sent them out. And yes, I am an electronic tech, and have been for a very long time, almost 40 years. I have loads and loads of experience. I do however make misdiagnosed mistakes on sets once in a while, as no body is perfect.  But if I remember correctly, I think I told you that you should first replace the lamp, and if that did not work, check out the ballast circuit. We shall see when they return with a new lamp. I guess if the old lamp was just arching, that would cause your problem. Hopefully it is as simple as that. 

vardar
you are awesome larry!

you are awesome larry!

I am happy you are here

Larry Dillon
 Thanks

Embarassed Thanks

stlouisman
Larry-I posted on a couple of

Larry-I posted on a couple of different threads before I knew how this forum worked. I had a 65613 with that damned blinking light.  Posting here now because this is the only thread I subscribed to, and you answered me on here, then subsequently sent me the repair docs.  Just so you know, me and my 16 yr old son took the 4 caps out, ordered from Mouser. When delivered, we had them resoldered, and board reinstalled in less than an hour.  Plugged in, and waited for what seemed like an eternity for the light to stop blinking and go out. I even started doing the old "woe is me" act, then it STOPPED.  Chris hit the power button, and BANG-picture!!  I did do an advanced convergence after, but I think the picture was better than ever even before I did that.  Just wanted to thank you for your help.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!  Our's will be a little richer because of you!   Ben

(To all other posters-if Larry helps out-return the favor!)

Larry Dillon
Great news Ben! Happy New

Great news Ben! Happy New Year to you and yours!

vardar
hello Larry. I forgot to tell

hello Larry. I forgot to tell you.

When i took the lamp out, there is a white residue on the lamp surface. Does that mean it is burned?

Techs showed me a different brand of a dlp bulb, and surface of that was extremely crystal clear.

The reason I am going on and on and on about this lamp is:  I invited tons of people for new years eve, if it is not the bulb and somethingelse, i will be very upset. I just want to make sure it is looking at the syptoms.

thank you again

(I took pictures of the bulb, if you give me an email address: [email protected])

Larry Dillon
Most likely it is the bulb.

Most likely it is the bulb. The only way to really tell is to Replace it and see.

vardar
coming tomorrow. i paid xtra

coming tomorrow. i paid xtra $10 for saturday shipping, I will let you know.

vardar
sorry to bother you larry

sorry to bother you larry again, only you might answer this question.

Like I mentioned before, my lamp order is coming tomorrow. Do you think the lamp will come with the black casing? Or just the bulb?

If only the bulb is coming, I am screwed. Tech ppl, took the whole thing with them.

At the same time, I am assuming; since I paid $250 for the thing, it should include the casing.

man am I worried?

thank you

shoe13
Larry,

Larry,

I have a 4 year okd Mit.55613 with the green blinking light problem.  Please email me the possible repair instructions.

Thank you for your help.

shoe13
Larry,

Larry,

Kind of hard to send without the email isn't it?

send to [email protected]

thanks very much!

Scarlett
Hi Larry, Have the same

Hi Larry, Have the same problem with my Mits ws-65713 and am trying to deal with Mitsub. Plz send me the file.   Thanks so much, Scarlett      Email is [email protected]

vardar
LAAAAARRY!

LAAAAARRY!

I listened to yu and ordered it, lamp came in today and TA DAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

We will have a tv for new years.

Thank you sir. I can't get the smile out of my face, someone slap me :)

The Greatest
hello

hello

I am new to forum i have WD 62327

When I turn on tv the lamp light blinks green for little while then goes red.  I am usure if this is what occurs with the pther forum subscribers or not. Some say they try reset but i can not find that anywhere either. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Larry Dillon
vardar, I do not know why you

vardar, I do not know why you would doubt me man!? LOL! I am really glad you are now going to please the gang. Have them all come online to techlore and spread the Happy New Year cheer. I hope you can get them to do this. I will start a thread for the Happy New Year Cheer. Just a thread for those who wish to maybe share what they have planed for the new year. HAPPY NEW YEAR to you and yours! Have all your party members leave a nice message HERE

Larry Dillon
Yes shoe13, it is hard to

Yes shoe13, it is hard to send you something without an e-mail address. I am glad you realized that. You and scarlett are added to me list of recipients to receive the repair documents a little later this evening Good luck with the repair. Happy New years to you both!

dshumway
Vickster said: Larry

Vickster said:

Larry Dillon said: This problem could be a bad DM board.  If you are handy or knows anyone who is, and they can solder, I have an instructional file that will show you how to take out the DM board, find the bad parts, and even give you a source where to get the parts. There are even pictures included!  Now once you get this apart, and the capacitors look good, check the capacitors, or have them checked.  I have seen in a few cases where some folks have only replaced the capacitors that looked bad.  If this does not fix your problem, you will need to have a pro come out and check out your TV set..  If you do not have a clue what you are doing, please play it safe and call in a tech.  If this board is indeed bad, the repair should not eceed 1000 bucks.  If you want this file, leave an e-mail address and i will forwar it to you.  Remember, there is a possibility that there is another problem with your TV set, but this has fixed over 65% of the peoples TV sets that I have shared this file with.  Good Luck, and let us know if this helps you.

Hi Larry,

I too have just experienced the blink of death on my Mistubishi WS-55859. It was working fine and I moved it into another room, no bumps or jostles occurred, and when I plugged it in, the Timer light just blinks and can't turn on. I would greatly appreciate it if you could also send me any instructions you may have that would allow me to fix this problem at [email protected].

Thanks for all you help,

Donn 

Larry Dillon
donn, You should have the

donn, You should have the information now. Good Luck with your repair.

mqguru2
Larry could you also send me

Larry could you also send me the information? I have a ws-48513 like some of the other guys. My email is [email protected]. Thanks in advance.

Vickster
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I wanted to check in to verify that our name has been added to your list for the capacitor fix info.  We posted a few weeks ago and with the holidays and all just wanted to check in.  Hope you had a great holiday and our best wishes for a Happy New Year.  Thanks!

Our Model WS 65869  email: [email protected] or [email protected]

The Greatest
Can anyone help me out as far

Can anyone help me out as far as the issues i am having?Smile 

mike g
hi larry,

hi larry,

i have a ws-65869 mitsubishi with the same blinking light problem, could you send me info on how to replace the capacitors and or the dm board.

thanks, mike   [email protected]

Dennis OBrien
Hi

Hi

I own a Mits WS65869  I have a 7 capacitor board, replaced them all with 35v radio shack capacitors.  Put everything back together and the light flashed for about 30-40 seconds and powers on. I though I was saved, then after about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes the set goes off and blinks again.  It will stop and allow me to power the set on again.  Same situation with repeat itself over and over.  Anybody have any thoughts?

Thanks

Dennis  [email protected]

The Greatest
Hi Larry

Hi Larry

I have A WD-62327

When I turn on tv the lamp light blinks green for little while then goes red.  I am usure if this is what occurs with the other forum subscribers or not. Some say they try reset but i can not find that anywhere either. any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also took lamp out to reset it but when i put it back in it knocked the harness back i tried clipping it back but can not figure out how to get behind there without dismantling entire cabinet

My email is [email protected]

Thanks

For any assistance in get tv back up and running

Larry Dillon
Dennis, mMMM Thats a weird

Dennis, mMMM Thats a weird one man. I will need to think about that one for a while. E-mail me in a day or so and I will see what I come up with.

paulroy
Larry

Larry

I have taken the my WD-25725 apart three times to date. First time I replaced the four caps with the 105 degree 1000mf 25vcaps from a local electronics shop. I plugged the set in and the light blinked for a long time. It suddenly stopped blinking. Cheers went throughout the house. The set stayed on going through programming of channels for about 20 minutes.

The light started blinking again and the set shut down.

Took the set apart again. found two plugs that were mixed and tried again. No luck.

Took the set apart and looked at the power supply and other boards to see if I could see any more bad caps. None were found. I decided to try replacing the four caps one more time.

Light is still blinking. Any thoughts on what to look at next?

Paul in Phoenix

Larry Dillon
Look at the fuses in the

Look at the fuses in the power supply, they are very small and may look like resistors.

paulroy
Thanks Larry

Thanks Larry

I will try that. I did check the three fuses on the DM board and the one glass fuse near the power cord. How many should I be looking for on the power supply board? I assume a continuity test is all that I would need to do. Thanks again for all your help.

Paul

Larry Dillon
There are also small ones

There are also small ones soldered in the board, in the main power supply. Yes, just do a continuity test on them.

paulroy
Larry

Larry

I just finshed taking this WD 52725 apart once again and checked six 5A fuses, two 4A, one .63A and the main 10A fuses. All tested good for continuity. Any other thoughts on what to look at next.

Thanks

Paul in Phoenix

Pages

Topic locked

Connect With Techlore