OUR NETWORK: Dijit Community Explore3DTV My Open Router DVRplayground MediaSmart Home See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 1.46498E7
June 17, 2007 11:51 AM

Categories: Televisions and Projectors

Rating (5 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Firemab68

Three nights ago, our power flickered off and then right back on during the night which made the TV go off.  I tried turning the TV back on and the little green power light keeps flashing and will not go off.  I have unplugged it several times, waited for 25 minutes to as long as 8 hours, but once I plug it back in, the little green power light will not stop blinking.  My power button will not turn the tv on until the green light stops blinking.  What could be the cause of this?  How much does this type of repair cost?

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 176-200 of 1067 | Latest Comment | « Previous 16 7 8 9 10 1143 Next »

November 28, 2007 1:17 PM

I have the Mitsubishis WS-65711 model tv and it just went out on me.  I turn on the tv and the power light comes on for about 5 seconds then goes off.  I don't get the blinking light that most people are talking about.  I tried to power off the tv and unplugged it over night and it still won't come on.  I've had this tv for about 2 years (purchased new).  Any help would be appreciated on where to start trouble shooting before I call in a professional repair person.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

November 29, 2007 1:35 AM

I have a mitsubishi HDTV 1080 series with the blinking green light of death ...... could i get the info file please sent to boss20two@hotmail.com .... I appreciate your help.

November 29, 2007 5:01 AM

I can help the last two of you if I had an e-mail address or a model number rob and brian.

"Those who do not know their opponent's arguments, do not completely understand their own".**For complete TV repair kits including parts goto www.TvRepairKits.com

November 29, 2007 6:26 PM

Hi. I have a WD-73733. I had the TV for 2 weeks from Amazon.com and I got the blinking light. I called Amazon and they replaced it. I got the new one today. I was setting it up and power failure (UPS couldn't handle every component in my rack on) and I have the green blinking light of death. Again. I have unplugged it and am leaving it unplugged, hoping this will help.

Does anyone actually have success with leaving it unplugged for an hour or so? Or leaving it plugged and blinking? I'm willing to take apart the DM board and fix it but am I going to need to fix this at every power outage? Or when my system shuts down to "save" my equipment from a power surge?

I do live in Florida...

Thanks,
Quiddity319

November 30, 2007 12:19 AM

Larry Dillon said: I can help the last two of you if I had an e-mail address or a model number rob and brian.

Hi Larry,

Model number:  WS-65711, S/N: 112246

Email addy:  bghkoyama@yahoo.com

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Brian

November 30, 2007 11:21 PM

I have a Mitsubishi WS-65813 hdtv the green light keep blinking for 2 days, remote control deosn't respone at all.  would you please send me the file how to fix it.  email is

anhdung2004005@yahoo.com

thank you.

December 1, 2007 9:10 PM

I have a mits ws-73713 green lite blinking to death,Larry you know the rountine,Can you send me the file to repair this puppy...........Thanks for your help.. Zimmbo...

zimmbo@gmail.com

December 1, 2007 10:47 PM

zimmbo and iamhere, I am sending out the documents as well as the factiry service manual to you all this evening. Good luck with the repair.

"Those who do not know their opponent's arguments, do not completely understand their own".**For complete TV repair kits including parts goto www.TvRepairKits.com

December 1, 2007 10:52 PM

Larry,

I have a WS-55813 Mitsubishi Diamond.  Thank you for sending out this info to people.  I must have sold close to 500 of Mits' tvs and earned this one for free, to only be saddened that I woke up to a blinking green light and no way to resolve the issue as in the past by unplugging or hitting the reset.  I would be very grateful if you could pass the info on to me.  My email address is cheshire132002@yahoo.com.  Once again, thank you for your time.

-LEB

December 1, 2007 10:58 PM

on its way LEB, good luck with this repair.

December 2, 2007 2:06 AM

Hey Larry,

I have a Mits WS-73713 with the blinking green light issue... ARGH.  Can you please send me the info I need to get my TV up and running?

Thanks a lot for your help,

robertlee@earthlink.net

December 2, 2007 2:14 AM

I also have the green light of death, and I have the WS-48513. Could you please send me this file as well.  Thanks!!

My email is Leoville505@yahoo.com

December 2, 2007 7:42 AM

robertlee and Leov, the information and documents you requested will be out to you very shortly. Good Luck with the repair.

December 2, 2007 9:01 AM

Hey Larry -  I've written before and you've been so kind as to send me the information on the DM board capacitor fix.  My Mitsubishi model is the HDTV 55909.  I opened it up yesterday and found that the capacitors (7 of them) are on a separate small power supply board that feeds the DM board.  It's in the shield box along with the DM board.  The capacitors looked fine... no swelling at the tops and no evidence of leakage.  I'm stumped now.  Could these capacitors be the problem on this model?  Please let me know, and send any additional information that might help with this model.  I'll order three more capacitors and do the fix if you think it has a chance!!!

Many thanks Larry.  VERY glad you're there.

Van

December 2, 2007 9:20 AM

It certainly could be the capacitor, even if they look ok.

December 2, 2007 11:13 AM

Larry,

I have the same problem with my model WS 55513. Can you please send me the information in easy to understand steps? Please send the info to nandrade@stx.rr.com

Thanks,

Nick

December 2, 2007 3:36 PM

Hello, I'm having the same issue, We have a WS-65513, my email address is rmathis@h2ohq.com

December 2, 2007 11:10 PM

richardm and nick, the documents and the service manual is on it's way out to you. Good Luck

December 3, 2007 12:53 AM

i am having the same problem as well with my WS-55613, can i have the service manual and documents please?  thanks =D my email is bluefish21190@gmail.com

December 3, 2007 4:38 AM

They are on their way man. Good Luck with the repair

December 3, 2007 12:21 PM

Larry Dillon said: Rick, I do not have that service manual but one is available HERE for you to download. Good Luck with your TV set. When you find out what was done to the set, please post back with us.

Well the tech just came out. The person that took my call thought the lamp was bad and sent the tech out with a new one. The tech said its a communications issue, and that he has to order a new board. He didnt specify which board, his quote " not the caps issue, he has seen that before on earlier models, and has never seen this happen on this model ". Any how he ordered the board and will be back in a few days. I'll keep you posted.

Rick

December 3, 2007 1:47 PM

Larry,

Thank you for the "green blinking light" repair info for our WS-65513. I got the DM board out ok and all 4 caps are bulged up a lot. Would 100uf 25v caps be a good replacement?

Thanks for your help...

December 3, 2007 5:10 PM

No snickers, those will not work, you need 1000 mfd not 100. Try these.  http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntt=140-HTRL16V1000-RC%09

December 6, 2007 1:29 PM

Larry,

I came home to the perma-blinking light problem tonight--I own a Mitsubishi WS-65613.  Is there any way you can send me the repair documents as well?  Also, I'm somewhat of an electronics novice--is the 25V or 35V capacitor going to make a difference safety-wise as opposed to the original 16V capacitors Mitsubishi used?

Thanks in advance,

dragnf16@yahoo.com

December 6, 2007 1:50 PM

I will send the info to you. I use the High temp 105c 16 volt capacitors. I will have a link where you can buy them from without waiting. And they are cheap too! Good Luck with the repair.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 176-200 of 1067 | Latest Comment | « Previous 16 7 8 9 10 1143 Next »

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window