OUR NETWORK:Dijit Community Explore3DTV My Open Router DVRplayground MediaSmart Home See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 3094380.0
June 9, 2007 01:32 PM

Categories: Televisions and Projectors

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Barbara Johnson

My 7 year old panasonic hdtv rear projection tv started showing a double image  2 days ago. The red color is also a little too pronounced. I recently had high  def service added to my satalite service. The double images started all of a sudden. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Discussion:    Comments 76-88 of 88 | Latest Comment | « Previous 1 2 3 4

October 24, 2010 7:50 PM

HELLO LARRY I HAVE AN PANASONIC MODEL. PT-53WX54J
WHEN I TURN ON MY TV THERE IS NO PICTURE AND THE LIGHT BLINKS 3 TIMES THEN SHUTS OFF! WHATS WRONG AND IS IT EASY FOR ME TO FIX THANK YOU.

November 1, 2010 6:58 PM

I am stuck in the Service Menu on my Panasonic 47WX49. Supposedly you hit power and action on the remote at the same time for 2-3 seconds and presto, you are out. But this doesn't work .I can hold it down for twenty seconds and nothing happens. Unplugging for hours doesn't work. i am stuck, it seems.

Can anyone help?

November 1, 2010 8:31 PM

47WX49 - Stuck in Service Mode

Hi Matt,

Press Volume - and OK on the TV (not the remote) will exit service mode.

easyab

November 1, 2010 8:36 PM

Ah! It worked. Thanks. :-) My set is really on its last legs. it's just shot. End of an era.

November 13, 2010 4:54 PM

I have the pan pt47wx49e it is a nice tv but now the night shots or so dark you can hardly see anything.What could be my problem?

November 13, 2010 8:03 PM

Hi,

If picture is too dark, try adjusting customer brightness and contrast while in Standard mode. Turn contrast or picture to around 60% and brightness to 80%.  If picture is normal, but too dark, screen adjust may fix your problem.

This involves removing the front grille of the TV and opening an Access door".  Controls are behind the door.  One screen control for each color. R, G, B. Also one control for focusing each color.  Usually labeled with raised letters on black plastic (focus or screen).

Screen controls can be adjusted and balanced to produce normal brightness and contrast for a B/W picture. Adjust with color turned off, color temp in normal, for B/W picture. Increase green a small amount, then red and blue. 

If colors can not be balanced with brightness increased, there is a fault present, ranging from defective CRTs to drive or video or color processing faults.  Beyond the scope of DIY.

easyab

January 21, 2011 3:34 PM updated: January 21, 2011 4:13 PM

I've followed the instructions to correct convergence problems. Having solved that, I'm now confused by the final instruction, to exit SERVICEMODE. Holding down the power on remote and the action key (for at least 2 seconds, up to maybe 10 seconds) doesn't do it, just switches between modes, or the TV's Setup Menu. Turning off power doesn't do it.

Please help, because at the present time, my Panasonic Cinemavision 47WX49E has a "permanent" "CHK12EC7 48444844 09" in red and green letters (perfectly converged) at the top left of my screen.

Oh, yes ... I DO NOT have an "OK" button on my TV panel, and trying the "ACTION" button and volume-down doesn't work either.

Thanks in advance!

January 21, 2011 4:03 PM

Press volume down and OK on the panel of the tv as easyab stated.

Click here--> http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=evilpea&bid=6 for all your electronic repair needs.

January 21, 2011 4:14 PM

evil said: Press volume down and OK on the panel of the tv as easyab stated.

I just updated my post... I do not have an "OK" button...  Any other ideas?

Tnanks.

January 21, 2011 4:16 PM

What model and chassis # do you have?

Click here--> http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=evilpea&bid=6 for all your electronic repair needs.

January 21, 2011 4:24 PM

evil said: What model and chassis # do you have?

I'm sorry -- I forgot that info.  The model is PT-47WX49E, Chassis # DP820.

Thanks again!

January 21, 2011 4:38 PM updated: January 21, 2011 4:42 PM

The manual didnt have anything useful in it,from everything ive read about the chassis pushing and holding the action and power button on the TV panel for 2 seconds should clear it.

February 1, 2011 9:05 AM

Once I got the part about the panel right, it all worked out.  Funny I thought I  tried that, but maybe I flubbed the part about simultaneous... 

Anyway, It's all good now so thanks again!

evil said: The manual didnt have anything useful in it,from everything ive read about the chassis pushing and holding the action and power button on the TV panel for 2 seconds should clear it.

Discussion:    Back to Top | Comments 76-88 of 88 | Latest Comment | « Previous 1 2 3 4

Thread is locked, no more posts may be added.

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window