Mitsubushi Model VS5072 Control Problem

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wayner
Mitsubushi Model VS5072 Control Problem

I bought my 50" big screen Mitsubushi TV in 1994 and it was in excellent shape until last week. The problem appears to be because I turned off the the cable box and did not turn off the TV as the TV screen is blank when the cable box is turned off. When I attempted to turn on the TV (after about two weeks), the controls (TV and remote control) do not work at all. A TV repair man came out to the house and told me that I have power but it appears that I fried the micro circuit board. He said that as the TV is old, he cannot get the replacement part and that he would have to change me a lot to repair. How do I get this board replaced or repaired?  Up until this incident, the TV worked perfectly. Any references or assistance would be appreciated.   HELP!!!!

Larry Dillon
I think that repair man did

I think that repair man did not want to repair your TV set by telling you this story.  The problem you are having is most likely in your low voltage standby power supply.  It is the power relay or the relay control circuit.  The repairman probably should have told you that the TV set is over 10 years old and not worth repairing.  He is right, the boards are not available, but on these TV sets the boards are and have almost always been repaired down to the component level.  My best advice to you would be, do not invest or spend several hundred bucks repaing this TV set.  You can get a brand new projection set no a days for less the 1000 bucks!  Good Luck.

Connect With Techlore