OUR NETWORK: Dijit Community Explore3DTV My Open Router DVRplayground MediaSmart Home See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 2.80906E7
May 19, 2007 08:50 PM

Categories: Video Playback / Recording Devices

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Marc-w

Hi all,

My DVD player started playing up yesterday & will only show in black & white as well as some picture distortion, much like when the tracking is out on a VCR. It was fine in the morning as I watched a film with my Son, but when I tried to use it in the evening this problem started. It does it with all DVD's including the one I watched in the morning.

I am in the U.K so both the player & TV are PAL, my DVD player is a JVC THS-1 & is connected directly to the TV via RGB SCART.

I don't think its a problem with the TV as my Playstation works fine if I put it in the same socket & I have also bought a new SCART lead & tried it just to make sure its not that.

I have no problem opening it up & playing around inside as it's out of warranty & being that its unusabe to me in it's current state I don't care if I make it worse, but any pointers on what areas to look at would be appreciated. Dry joints, certain components or whatever.

Thanks in advance for any replys

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 26-32 of 32 | Latest Comment | « Previous 1 2

November 20, 2011 6:32 AM

I've tried plugging my Sony DVD into a panasonic vista and I get black and white. I am using the cables supplied. Any ideas?

Geoff

November 22, 2011 4:53 PM

Once saw this on a loose S-Video cable.

December 17, 2011 6:07 AM

Got mono-chrome (just white and black, blue or green) after accidentally knocking plug out. Tried all the config changes (PAL, NTSC etc) not fixed. Followed solution above to leave device very long time (to let capacitors drain of voltage) and it's back to normal.I have followed this advice with other devices (cordless phones etc) and it is often the answer because the memory is not flushed until all the power has gone).Thanks very much.

View unverified member's comment - posted by bishwajeet poddar

July 6, 2012 10:34 PM

Yeah, I was going to berate Blue Crush 2 reviewers for not mentioning it's B&W! Lol

I noticed the desc said "color".

Found this; and one guy went on and on to everyone that, "it's the cables"! How could. I be so stupid. But, I looked anyway; and, sure enough, only the green RGB was plugged in! Lo

OMG!

Only reason I looked was because it is the easiest solution! Lol Plug it in is my #1 first suggestion to people who are asking such questions! And, this time I'm the ape!!!

Thanks so much! This flick is HOT in color!

July 6, 2012 10:38 PM

Yeah, I was going to berate Blue Crush 2 reviewers for not mentioning it's B&W! Lol

I noticed the desc said "color".

Found this; and one guy went on and on to everyone that, "it's the cables"! How could. I be so stupid. But, I looked anyway; and, sure enough, only the green RGB was plugged in! Lo

OMG!

Only reason I looked was because it is the easiest solution! Lol Plug it in is my #1 first suggestion to people who are asking such questions! And, this time I'm the ape!!!

Thanks so much! This flick is HOT in color!

View unverified member's comment - posted by Master

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 26-32 of 32 | Latest Comment | « Previous 1 2

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window