Mitsubishi WT 42313 Screen Blinking Black

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
epiphany
Mitsubishi WT 42313 Screen Blinking Black

Hey all.

I have a 42" Mitsubishi WT 42313 1080 series HDTV. Had it since 2003, great TV. But recently the screen will go from full screen into the smaller screen with the gray framing on the sides, then blink black on and off. It isn't consistant, sometimes it will do it a few times then not for a few minutes. Sometimes it will do it constantly. I have no idea what the problem is.

I checked all my cords, all are secure. The blinking happens whether we are watching TV, a DVD, or I am playing my PS2, so I figure it is the TV. Any ideas?

Larry Dillon
You have bad capacitors on

You have bad capacitors on the DM board or there is a fault in the Picture in piture circuit.  If the problem is on the DM board, most likely the set will so go out and you will only have a flasging light.  There is also a sight possibility that maybe one of the CRT's are leaking coolent and you should check this out asap as if it goes leaking over a period of time, it will ruin the printed circuit boards.  If you have experience working on printed circuit boards, I do have a file that shows how to repair the DM board, But if you do not have the experience, you can make things worse and a new DM board cost about 800 to 1000 bucks, so play it safe and call in a repair person to assist you in this repair.  If you really think you can handle this repair without shocking yourself or ruining the TV set, leave your e-mail address and I will forward you a copy of this repair file.  Good Luck and let us know how this repair turns out for you.

HEQ
Larry,

Larry,

I have experienced a similar situatiuon with my WT-42313; red convergence and now won't power on.  I have a service manaual for the set and competent for making the repairs.  The DM repair technique I have been able to locate was not for a WT-42313 so I wasn't able to complete the repair.  Can you provide further specific instructions for WT-42313 DM repair?

Tommydip
I have a Mitsubshi WT-42313

I have a Mitsubshi WT-42313 and it will flick green when powering on but clicks off before the screen lights up?

What's the next step?
Any internal breakers or fuses?

Thanks,

Connect With Techlore