netflix

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
slpbird
netflix

Does anyone know of a way to stream netflix new watchnow feature from my pc to television. Love the new feature just dont want to watch movies on my 17inch pc monitor when I have a new 50 television in my living room. The watch now feature works with windows media player and works great you can stream movies from there website instantly instead of waiting for them in the mail. Any ideas other then running video wires from my pc to my tv would be great. I hear of a new sling media box called a sling catcher that would do this but no known release date .

Matt Whitlock
Hi slpbird,

Hi slpbird,

SlingCatcher is a highly anticipated product that should make viewing PC content on a TV very easy, but as you said, it's not available yet and they're not sure when its supposed to be out. I wrote about SlingCatcher on the SlingCommunity website if you'd like to learn everything that is currently known about this highly anticipated product. SlingCatcher - Sling Media Brings Place-Shifting and More to TVs 

If your PC isn't near your current television, I can't offer any great ways to watch your Netflix content on your home TV. A media center extender won't do you any good, and there really isn't any great wireless systems that will do what you want it to do. If you really want to watch on your TV, you'll need to have a PC with a compatible output near your TV. There's just no way around it... at least until SlingCatcher hits the market. :-)

Matt is right, the only way

Matt is right, the only way you can realistically connect to your tv right now is if the pc is close by. I have my computer directly linked to my TV via an s-video cable. It basically can make your tv another display for your computer and will only affect your tv as much as it would being connected to a console.

Alternatively and more expensively you can use RCA cables, but unless your computer comes with those outputs you'd need a converter box. (Firewire to RCA is fairly nice)

Anyway, those are some quick fixes. Just make sure if you decide on doing them that you double check your tv for those inputs.

subman
hi, i cannot get any sound

hi, i cannot get any sound from my netflex movies, put in an extender for the video and it works great then put in red & white cable to the audio in on the tv, still no sound, any ideas, as i am trying to do this myself

slpbird
its been some time since the

its been some time since the original post. But now starting at $69 you can purchase a roku box to stream netflix to the televison

Connect With Techlore