OUR NETWORK: TiVo Community Explore3DTV My Open Router DVRplayground MediaSmart Home See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 1652740.0
February 26, 2007 03:49 PM

Categories: Televisions and Projectors

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

blueraven

Don't know if anyone can help but I have a Magnavox 27MS343S with the child lock enabled -NOT Parental Lock- (Child lock prevents use of front buttons of tv) when my toddler smashed the remote. Remote no longer works, TV was off when it happened and I can't turn it on. I've tried unplugging it and waiting for 10 sec., and 10 min (according to Magnavox tech people) and plugging it back in both with and without the power button being held down and it hasn't worked. The next bit of advice was to buy a universal remote, which I did but you have to have the TV on to program it. Does anyone know of any over ride for this feature? Tips, tricks ANYTHING??? Or how to program a universal remote without the tv being on?

Discussion:    Comments 1-14 of 14 | Latest Comment

January 24, 2008 3:32 PM

same thing happened to me ?????.... cant figure it out

January 25, 2008 6:10 AM

Philips and Magnavox:

Philips sets use a four digit code to control the v-chip. The override code for Philip sets is 0711, although it may say "Incorrect code" the first time to trick you. If "Incorrect code" is displayed, simply enter 0711 again. To use it hit the MENU key to get to the menus. Go up or down until you reach AUTOLOCK or SMARTLOCK, depending on the model, and push the "right arrow" key on the remote. Enter the override code, and enter it a second time if it says it is incorrect.

Once in the AUTOLOCK or SMARTLOCK menu, go to BLOCK, and push the "right arrow" key. Go to BLOCKING OPTIONS and press the "right arrow" key. Go to MASTER DISABLE and press the "right arrow" key so that it says "MASTER DISABLE ON". The v-chip is now reset.

"Those who do not know their opponent's arguments, do not completely understand their own".**For complete TV repair kits including parts goto www.TvRepairKits.com

January 25, 2008 8:06 AM

27MS343S does not have the v chip in it, this is a front panel lockout control, we have delt with this issue before. This problem never makes it to me because the salesmen usaly takecare of it. So i can't remember the key squence, i will ask them and get back to you. 

January 25, 2008 9:46 AM

They only way to fix it is to buy a new remote from the sales man who won't let you speak to anyone in tech. If you do get to someone in tech, they tell you there is no code...sorry buy a new remote. NEVER WILL I BUY A PHILLIPS MAGNAVOX AGAIN.

September 8, 2008 8:25 PM

I enabled the child lock on Mag TV 27ms343S. I don't have a Magnavox remote. I was not able to get power to the TV until I tried reprogamming the TV with the comcast remote. It worked but now I have a problem manuvering my way around with the comcast remote to put in the 0711 code.

Is there anyone out there that can help?

Thank you in advance.
Dottie

View unverified member's comment - posted by Jenni

December 28, 2009 10:24 AM

ZAPDBF,

Have you found a solution for these folks ??

December 28, 2009 10:40 AM

Dottie said: I enabled the child lock on Mag TV 27ms343S. I don't have a Magnavox remote. I was not able to get power to the TV until I tried reprogamming the TV with the comcast remote. It worked but now I have a problem manuvering my way around with the comcast remote to put in the 0711 code. Is there anyone out there that can help? Thank you in advance. Dottie

dottie..

Any luck with your issue ??  I am ready to toss my only 7 years old TV because I cannot find a sloution to fix the child lock.

January 2, 2010 2:40 AM

You will probably never get a chance to buy another Phillips/Magnavox as I Have been told they no longer sell those models/makes of tv sets in the US any longer.
Larry D.

"Those who do not know their opponent's arguments, do not completely understand their own".**For complete TV repair kits including parts goto www.TvRepairKits.com

View unverified member's comment - posted by Flame

August 2, 2011 6:25 PM

I'm having the same problem. Child lock inadvertantly activated and turned off from front panel. It will no longer come on and the tv needs to be on to put a code into a universal remote. What kind of stupid crap is that. Why would this company make a feature like this, knowing that once the tv is off that the consumer would be **** out of luck without the original remote? There has to be something that can be done. Would we be able to form a class action law suit against Phillips? Just wondering because I'd be interested. I have a tv that was working perfectly well until the childlock was turned on. Please if you come up with a solution email me. Thanks

September 24, 2011 8:47 PM

Just had the same problem and used a cheap $4 universal remote with Magnavox code "0224" and it turned on! Hope this helps guys!

View unverified member's comment - posted by TONISABBY

December 25, 2011 8:45 PM

you're so welcome! i'm glad it worked for you too!

Discussion:    Back to Top | Comments 1-14 of 14 | Latest Comment

Thread is locked, no more posts may be added.

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window