mitsubishi wt46809

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
billyd1
mitsubishi wt46809

I have a mitsubishi wt46809 rear projection tv. push on button and green light appears fora couple seconds then goes back off. I bought a 5 year etended warrantee 4 1/2 years ago when I bought this new at " The Wiz " in N.J. ind out that they went bankruptand I'm screwed. Local repair shop has tv and says I need a new convergence module at $500 +, Can anyone please tell me if this sounds like a realistic solution and price? Thanks

billyd1

Larry Dillon
It really depends on who owns

It really depends on who owns the warranty.  The shop I used to have in NY used to do warranty work for the Wiz and their contract work was suppose to be warranteed by a second party insurance company.  The Wiz was suppose to set up all of this before the bankrupcy courts would let them dissove.  Check with the courts on this matter.  On the Part you need.  I hear this story all the time, where shops tell folks they need to replace an entire board.  I have seen 9 out of 10 shops will repair the board and say they replaced it.  This board can be repaired for about 250 to 350.00 including parts and labor but maybe not the service call.  You need to get another estimate from a reliable shop, if you get no where with the warranty. Good luck and let us know how you made out with this repair.

billyd1
Thanks Larry, I have just

Thanks Larry, I have just received authorization from AON to have the work done. I spent a couple hours online last night researching and got through today to AON at 1-800-605-7764. They were hesitant to cover repairs since I already had the TV at the service center however they stepped up and are covering the repair !!! Yahoo, someone actually doing what they've been paid to do. Thanks again  for your input, I'm sure I'll be visiting tnis site alot more.

Larry Dillon
Great news my friend!, Dont

Great news my friend!, Dont waist any time doing this.  Let us know how you make out with this repair.

Connect With Techlore