Motorola V3

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
cantfind1
Motorola V3

Got my daughter a new mobile for christmas but don't want her to take it to school incase it gets lost, damaged or worse stolen. She has been given a Motorola V3 by a family member and I can get a new housing for it but was wondering how easy or difficult are they to change? Smile

Matt Whitlock
Maybe you could clarify...

Maybe you could clarify...

You got your daughter a cell phone for Christmas, but don't want her to take it out of the house? Out of curiosity, what did you get?

I understand your concern about the phone getting lost or stolen, but that's a risk whether or not the phone goes with her to the movies, school, or a friend's house. Most carriers offer some kind of insurance plan for the phone (paid monthly and it's usually very inexpensive), that will replace the phone if lost, stolen, or broken.  I'd contact them and ask them about it.

If I read your post right, the V3 is different that what you gave her? Does it have a cracked case? Why do you want to replace the housing? Do you expect her to use 2 phones?

cantfind1
Matt Whitlock said: Maybe you

Matt Whitlock said: Maybe you could clarify... You got your daughter a cell phone for Christmas, but don't want her to take it out of the house? Out of curiosity, what did you get? I understand your concern about the phone getting lost or stolen, but that's a risk whether or not the phone goes with her to the movies, school, or a friend's house. Most carriers offer some kind of insurance plan for the phone (paid monthly and it's usually very inexpensive), that will replace the phone if lost, stolen, or broken.  I'd contact them and ask them about it. If I read your post right, the V3 is different that what you gave her? Does it have a cracked case? Why do you want to replace the housing? Do you expect her to use 2 phones?  

BOUGHT HER A NEW MOBILE COST £149.00 SO THAT'S WHY SHE IS NOT ALLOWED TO TAKE IT TO SCHOOL. MY BROTHER HAS GIVEN HER THE MOTOROLA TO USE FOR SCHOOL BUT THE HOUSING IS SCRATCHED AND AS I HAVE SEEN THE NEW HOUSINGS ON THE NET I WAS WONDERING HOW EASY IT WAS TO REPLACE.

Matt Whitlock
Hi cantfind1,

Hi cantfind1,

You don't have to type in all caps. This implies that you're yelling, and is considered rude in most forums.

I've looked at various housing kits for the Motorola V3, and it isn't as simple as a snap on case if that's what you're asking. The innards of the V3 are very small and sensitive, and there's a good chance of breaking something completely.

If you're only dealing with a scratch on the existing housing, I'd say go for a nice leather case that conceals it. If the damage to the housing makes the phone inoperable, you could attempt to replace the housing yourself provided you are aware of the risks. 

Good luck.  

Connect With Techlore