Mitsubishi WS-55613

896 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jan J
New Guy here.... WD 62525

New Guy here.... WD 62525 died a few weeks ago... they pulled the "Video Engine" of: Power supply, Video input, DM, formatter boards.

Replaced 21 caps:
12x 1000uf caps
3 x 3300uf caps (power supply)
3 x 47uf
3 x 100uf caps
1 22uf cap

I lucked out, with a Extended Service contract, but that ends in October.
I've come across power supply cap changes... and am still looking for DM, Video Input, and formatter board cap changes....

Larry, could I please ask you for info on your DM board information?
[email protected]
Thank you!!!

Jan

Larry Dillon
can you please be a little

can you please be a little more specific on what boards needed what caps?

Jan J
I wish I knew... That was the

I wish I knew... That was the list of caps on the repair ticket.

I have the "Service Manual" for the WD 62525, but it does not contain component schematics of the boards.
I'm OK for now, as it was just repaired... but I figure if I can get intructions and as much information NOW.... If it happens again, I'll know where the likely candidates for replacement are. I'm hearing that the service contract probably won't be renewed in October when it expires, cause they are having trouble getting parts from Mits.
I do have an ESR meter, but having disassembly instructions and a list of likely candidates would sure be nice!!!! :)

Jan J
I'm looking for picturs with

I'm looking for picturs with locations of caps needing replacement on Video Input, DM and Formatter boards. I believe I have info on the Power Supply.
Thanks

Larry Dillon
You kind of confused me there

You kind of confused me there for a moment till I went back and read the post on the thread. do you see what model number this thread is for? and what is the model number you ask about in the thread? Not the same is it?

Jan J
Larry, I'm new to this forum,

Larry, I'm new to this forum, and found link to this thread via a Google search of Mitsubishi DM board.

Jan J
Got it Larry, Thanks!!! Will

Got it Larry, Thanks!!! Will make a nice addition to the manual and notes I already had...

Gonzalez69
Hi Larry please Help!!!

Hi Larry please Help!!!
I have a Mitsubishi WS-55613 when you push power shut down. In fact, I haven't had any problems with it at all.
But, today I went to turn it on and it was completely unresponsive it would not power up at all. I unplugged it and replugged it in, watched the green light on the front panel blink as expected. When the light stopped blinking, I tried to turn it on but it still wouldn't power up. I repeated this exercise a couple of times with the same results. Next, I tried the system reset but it still won't power up. Note that the green light blinks for about 1 minute and then stop.
When you push power LED on for 1or 2 second then off.
I unplugged it open it and check and I found pico fuse (F9A05)open.So I replace it.
put the tv back together and replugged it back in,and nothigng still no power.
So far I cahange:
The(2) STK394-250,regulator,vertical output and C9A30.
All this parts I don't know if was bad.looks ok to me,but I change it.or and I change the 4 capacitor on the DM board too.
Nothing same problem,no power,I don't have the diagram.
So can you please help me with any information you have?
what Do you think my problem is with this tv?, can you email me, Thanks in advance for your help!
Andre Gonzalez
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
he documents are on their way

he documents are on their way to you andre, Good Luck

Gonzalez69
Hi Larry do you send me any

Hi Larry do you send me any document?Because I still not get it anything!!!Thanks.
Andre Gonzalez
[email protected]

Gonzalez69
Hi Larry me again. Andre. You

Hi Larry me again. Andre. You say that you have sent me documents, i have not recieved anything. Im not sure how your sendin them, but I have not recieved a single thing. What are the documents that you have sent me? "You can view the full conversation here: Mitsubishi WS-55613" this is the only thing you have sent me, a link. The problem that I have with my TV is not in the link,am I not opening the correct path or what am I doing wrong? When I open the link, it just takes me directly to the model number. Am I doing something wrong? Can you tell me what am I suppose to open or click. Please let me know. Sorry Larry, but I am new to this website.

Larry Dillon
this is not rocket science.

this is not rocket science. They come as attachments to your mail. maybe it is your e-mail provider. I am going to e-mail you without any attachments and lets see if you get it or not.

Gonzalez69
Ok, I know what an attachment

Ok, I know what an attachment is, and I understand what your trying to send. I get the email, but there is only a link, not any attachment. The link has no useful information. Look, ill forward the message you sent to me, and you will see for yourself that there is not a single attachment. Larry, lets try a different email.
[email protected]

Larry Dillon
i have already ent you an e

i have already ent you an e-mail
Did you get it?

Gonzalez69
Larry, its me again. I didnt

Larry, its me again. I didnt recieve the email. Im sorry for bugging you, but I didnt get it on the yahoo, or msn. And I know the emails are working because Ive gotten around 80 messages today. I dont know if you would like to try to fax it, but i really appreciate all your time.Here is my info:

Andre Gonzalez
2479 S Academy Blvd
Colorado Springs Co 80916
719-591-0384 Voice
719-492-4148 Cel
719-591-0418 Fax
[email protected]
[email protected]

Trog
Larry Dillon said: Ok I will

Larry Dillon said: Ok I will try that again Kevin

Hi Larry, can you please send me the info and pictures as well.  I have a Mitsubishi WS 55613 with the same blinking light and no picture problem as well.  Please send to [email protected]

Thanks so much

pdjskm
Hi Larry, bet you might be

Hi Larry, bet you might be wishing you had never sent out those instructions in the first place. I'm having the same issue with my WS-55613. Can I get those instructions too?

Thank you,

[email protected]

sltwtrfsh
Larry,

Larry,

You seem to know these units like the back of your hand.

I have a WS-55613 which does not power on or exhibit the "blinking light". The unit ran perfect for 5 years and yesterday the screen went black and flashed back to the program in succession for about 2 minutes, sound stayed on. I have not checked error codes yet, will perform this tonight.

I reset the unit with the reset button on the front panel, green light blinked for a minute or so like normal and went out. Since then the TV will not power on by the remote or the front panel.

Previously the unit would start "buzz" internally when the unit was on. This would be eliminated by cleaning the chassis free from hair and dust. Occasionally the unit would not start, green light steady but the picture would not come on. Did not know if this would be related.

If possible does anyone have a service manual for the WS-55613 and the instructions to replace the four capacitors, I would imagine these will need to be replaced based on age and history.

[email protected]

Thanks much

Dan

Jewels30
Hi,

Hi,
We also have the blinking light issue that started a few days ago on our Mitsubishi WS-55613...can I please as well get full instruction on repair and where and what the DM board exactly is? Pictures are great if they are available. Anyone's help is greatly appreciated.

[email protected]

Jewels30

sltwtrfsh
FYI

FYI

Mitsubishi service bulletin which indicates to replace the puffed 1000 uf capacitors with part number 181P734030 (16v 680 uf)

Alnp
"Mitsubishi service bulletin

"Mitsubishi service bulletin which indicates to replace the puffed 1000 uf capacitors with part number 181P734030 (16v 680 uf)"

that is interesting, might be worth a try?
if you are referring to this page:
http://www.gesda.com/transformer/Summer07_files/Page384.htm
even they recommend going back the 1000uf, some do sub 25v, but 35v may have trouble physically fitting under the dm shield. Use 105 degree hi-temp's for good measure.

manual here:
http://www.techlore.com/download/22708/V23_Training_Manual.pdf/

Jewels30
Thanks for the part number--

Thanks for the part number---I was reading the previous note from you and I think you are right on when you say that Larry know these models like the back of his hand.

Larry--can you send complete instructions on the green light issue everyone seems to be encountering...non stop blinking green lights...no picture, TV won't turn on any more. It's been going on for days. I also don't know what a DM board is....if your instructions have pics that would be great. Hope to hear from you.

[email protected]

bryan horten
i just got the green light of

i just got the green light of death. can you please send the repair procedure for replacing the caps and removing the dm module in one piece. any pointers or pics are greatly appreciated. send to [email protected] thanks!

Jan J
For Alnp

For Alnp

Thank you for the great post!!!

Would you have any Service Bulletins OR Training Manual for a 62525?

I've got the Service manual, but it isn't very helpful....

What I'm trying to do is reverse engineer the caps that keep failing to determine if Higher Working Voltage 105 Degree Celsius caps would be in order to improve reliability...

Thanks again.... Jan

Richard D.
My WS-55613 just started

My WS-55613 just started experiencing what everyone is referring to as the Green Light of Death. I am not too technical, but I would like to see the fix that everyone is referring to see if I can avoid the $1,000+ repair. If there is a version for dummies, that would be the one for me.

My e-mail is [email protected]. I appreciate the help, but given my limited technical abilities this may be beyond hope for me, but I am willing to try. Thanks for the help.

cvccsi
Hi Larry,

Hi Larry,

I have a WS-55613. Can you send the guide to [email protected].

Thank you.

Michael

moocher
Does anyone have the guide

Does anyone have the guide that will show me how to replace the DM module things? I got the blinking green light of death!!! Anything would help.. thanks.

[email protected]

pdjskm
Moocher,

Moocher,

Check your email address that you have listed here. I tried to send the instructions and it got kicked back because my server could not find your email address

Alnp
Jan J said:

Jan J said:
...Would you have any Service Bulletins OR Training Manual for a 62525?
I've got the Service manual, but it isn't very helpful....  to determine if Higher Working Voltage 105 Degree Celsius caps would be in order to improve reliability...

Sorry, I do not have any sb or tm for your wd. As far as I know, Hi temp caps substitutes are always ok, as is a step or two higher V rating. You might try premium caps, or cooling with a computer fan/external power supply/duct system if you think heat is the issue.

moocher
I am very THANKFUL to Patrick

I am very THANKFUL to Patrick for sending me the information on how to change the DM modules on my WS-55613 Mitsubishi T.V. I am one of those guys who always has to put things together twice because I always screw it up, but the instructions he sent were GREAT! My T.V. is no longer blinking and it WORKS!! It took me about 1 and 1/2 hrs. to complete. THANKS AGAIN!

Pages

Connect With Techlore