Sony problem

164 posts / 0 new
Last post
Chetan
Hallow Larry Dillon, I

Hallow Larry Dillon, I purchased 3 years ago a Sony big screen rear projection TV model KP-57WS510.  All of sudden picture became blurred (3 Goats Image). All images on screen are giving 3 color shades. Watching NFL...... I see three speared 10 Yards lines in 3 colors....Entire TV Picture is like in Cinemascope.....Also performed Flash adjust setup and there after convergence to adjust (+) Up/down/left/right....Nothing is happening.......I see three + + + signs in different colors. The left & right corner of TV has spared + + +.  Convergence adjustment is not working. I saw some one also reported similar problem and tried to fix it replacing IC....However She seems to have same problem....Problem did not resolved. I am not that Technical to FIX TV on my own. I have called some guy from E Z Electronics to came and take look........Any Idea how much this will cost to fix? What causes this kind of problem?Regards,Chetan

Larry Dillon
It is going to be in the

It is going to be in the range of 250 all the way up to 600 bucks depending on what the diagnoises is. Its a crapshoot if im not there looking at a set to see the exact problem. good Luck and please let us know how you made out.

Chetan
Hi Larry, thank you for quick

Hi Larry, thank you for quick response! I got the estimate of +/- $450.00 to fix this problem......@ Mike convergence IC's are bad and need to be replaced both of them.........Plus two small power resistors I guess. Needed part already order by Mike.....Hopefully Monday or Wednesday my TV will be fixed. I let you know the final outcome thereafter. Any Idea what causes this?? @ Mike it's most common problem on Rear projection TV. Please let me know what you think on New TV technology DLP (Samsung TV/DLP Inventor Texas Instruments)? Esp. other Plasma & LCD TV has draw back of GAS/Tiny Mirrors with tiny motors & certain area's being burn fast enough then other...........In nutshell what is best for the Bucks! 

Zia
Dear Larry Dillon, I have got

Dear Larry Dillon, I have got service manual of KP-57WS510 and try to attach here. If you succeed to retrieve it, please consult it and advise me what to do. I already have multimeter.

Zia

Please let me know how to attach .pdf file?

Larry Dillon
Zia attach to email and send

Zia attach to email and send away

Chetan
Dear Larry, Dear Matt, I read

Dear Larry, Dear Matt, I read entire article  "Factors to Consider When Choosing a TV" by Matt Whitlock I am leaning towards LCD Flat Panel TVs.....Any model/brand name you can suggest for largest possible screen size? 

Larry Dillon
Chetan, its all up to a

Chetan, its all up to a matter of taste. See what these folks have to say. Also look up on your search"TI lcd test" http://www.projectorcentral.com/lcd_d... You be the judge

Zia
I am still unable to attach a

I am still unable to attach a file. Please give me your email address to enable me to send you file. Thanks

Zia

Zia
Dear Larry Dillon,

Dear Larry Dillon,

Perhaps you have received schematic diagram of D Board of KP-57WS510 sent to you via email. I am waiting your valued response to fix the defect.

Zia

Larry Dillon
Zia, yes I did, but i try and

Zia, yes I did, but i try and print it, its way to small to read any writing. I try to blow up the picture, and it gets all fuzzy and cannot read the writing.  Cant it be zipped and attached to my email?  the Manuel?

Zia
Dillon, Please let me know

Dillon, Please let me know how to zip or compress. Perhaps I dont have such program in my computer. The file is too large.

Zia

Larry Dillon
Do you have winzip or .rar? I

Do you have winzip or .rar? I have a .rar I can send you if you need it as it is a free compression proggy.

Larry Dillon
Zia, I found a schematic of

Zia, I found a schematic of the "D" board from a friend.  I want you to check on the "D" board resistors R8122 & R 8127.  They are 7.5 ohm resistors.  These are most likly bad or open.  Also check out coils L8008 & L8007 for a low value like around 1 to 10 ohms.  If they measure a very high resistance or look burnt, replace them.  Also there are several small pico type fuses on the Printed circuit "D" board.  They are labled PS 8001, PS8002,PS8003,PS8004,PS8005 & PS8006.  These are like I said pico type fuses and the value of them are 3.15 amp.  These should measure no resistance at all, a short condition.  Let us Know how you made out and what was or measured bad.

Zia
Dillon, Thanks for your

Dillon, Thanks for your useful informations. I have checked thoroughly all over the "D" board. It is very clear and clean. Nothing looks burnt. Resistors R8122 & R8127 are not resistors instead there are jumpers and technically have no resistance at all. Coils L8008 & L8007 have "0" resistance. All other coils on this board have "0" resistance. As far as I know, coils usually have no resistance. Pico type fuses PS8001, PS8002, PS8003, PS8004, PS8005 & PS8006 are actually jumpers and technically have "0" resistance. Please advise further.

Zia

Larry Dillon
Check what kind of voltage is

Check what kind of voltage is on the the jumpers where it is marked R8122 and R8127. If there is no voltage there let me know and we will have to trace it back as there has to be a point where there is a resistor for safety reasons

Chetan
Dear Larry Dillon, Guess What

Dear Larry Dillon, Guess What My Sony TV(Model KP-57WS510) ICs STK 392 & 560 after  being replaced By Mike TV tech (two convergence IC's) my TV is still not up.........Mike had to order/get additional parts.......So it sound like I am in same situation like Zia. Looks like Sony TV design has some problems? 

Larry Dillon
No you need a schematic and

No you need a schematic and trace out the B+ to the IC and the drives to the ICs.  Zia and I WILL figure this out for sure.  Make sure there is B+ on the two resistors or jumpers as Im told sony on later model productions set did not use resistors for the resistors marked R8122 and R 8127.  if there are no resistors ther go and trace where that voltage comes from .. Oh wait.  I have that manual.  Let me look and I will post back where thAt voltage originates.

Zia
Chetan, Did you receive my

Chetan, Did you receive my email? I think Dillon should be informed the contents of my email.

Zia

Zia
Dear Dillon, I want that that

Dear Dillon, I want that that this issue should be raised up collectively with Sony. We must convince Sony that their this model has manufacturing defect that after 3 years of use, its convergence become out. They should trace out fault and make arrangments to fix it or atleast explain their customers as to how to fix it.

Zia

omh
Hi

Hi

I have a Sony 57 inch projection build and purchased in 2002 KP-57HW40

The screen goes blue then red then completely shuts off.

Any ideas?

Chetan
Dear Larry Dillon, I think

Dear Larry Dillon, I think Sony TV has convergence issue should be raised with Sony. Sounds like Sony TV Esp...This model has manufacturing defect. Is there any thing can be done as loyal consumer of Sony TV?? Esp. To get repaired OR to get re-reimbursed for the money spend to fix convergence issue??    

Larry Dillon
The only thing I can suggest

The only thing I can suggest is write to Sony and see what they do.  All the info is here .

Larry Dillon
Could be a problem in the

Could be a problem in the vertical output or drive circuit, or Five blinks - AKB circuit (automatic kine bias), the timer/standby indicator blinks for about 30 seconds then goes to the self-diagnosis function. Something is wrong with the video. Check video out, Q705, 732, 761 and other components on the C board, also check Q218, 219, 220 on the A board. In addition, unit could be in IK blanking, try turning up screen slightly.  Good luck.  And let us know how you made out.

albonline
i also have three images on

i also have three images on my sony projectio tv. i have ordered the conv amps,and have removed and photographed the revese side of the d board.there are some surface mounted resistors that seem to be connected to pins via conductive paint. did zia notice them? i have the photos and will email them on request.

Larry Dillon
Have you all who are having

Have you all who are having convergence problems , made sure the + and the - B+ supplys are good yet?

Zia
Attention: All those who have

Attention: All those who have convergence problem in Sony Projection TV.

I have written to Sony about this problem but they replied that they were not aware about this issue. I again wrote them that a same defect in a number of such tvs confirm that such tvs have manufacturing defect. They again replied that they are not aware of this problem. So it is needed that all affectees should write to Sony about this defect at email: [email protected]. The persons incharge are Dave and Robert.

Anyone of following forms of relief is required:

1) To send technician to customers to fix the defect without any charge.

2) To send replacement part/board to be fitted at customer's expense/risk.

3) To reimburse cost of TV.

4) To replace defective TV.

Zia

Larry Dillon
Good Luck to you in this

Good Luck to you in this matter. and Please keep us posted.

albonline
zia do you want some hi def

zia do you want some hi def pictures of the solder and paint joints on the sony d board? if so e mail me at [email protected]. i just emailed sony to beoutch!

Lynda C
We have a Sony KP-65WV700

We have a Sony KP-65WV700 Projection TV.  We are now getting blue verticle lines as well as a blue hue to the screen.  The hue is continuous and all of a sudden the entire picture will go blue then slowly come back while mainitaining the blue hue.  We would really like to fix it outselves

Brian S
I have a Sony Wega TV Model #

I have a Sony Wega TV Model # KV-36FS100 just over 3 years old connected to a DISH Network DVR via Coax cable. The sound is coming through perfectly but the TV signal is blank (no picture). I have a DVD connected to the A/V jacks and can see a picture just fine if the TV is in VIDEO1. Also, I can see the On-screen display from the DVR when in TV mode on the TV. I think the problem is isolated specifically to the TV input signal and subsequent display. Is this a simple part replacement (maybe the Tnuer, BTF-WA421)?

Pages

Connect With Techlore