Sony problem

164 posts / 0 new
Last post
zapdbf
I currently don't have one in

I currently don't have one in here for repair, so if anyone has some pictures send them to [email protected] and i will use them if they will help explain the process. I relay need a picture of the pico fuses on the "G" board.

jfcarbel
Not sure what parts my Sony

Not sure what parts my Sony RP model KP-53XBR35 takes for a convergence repair, but this place sells kits and original Sanyo chips, just wondering if they are legit. They are in Canada and I would like to find a place in the USA. I am going to try searching for these on the suggested partstore.com as well.

http://www.electronic-repair-kits.com/STK392-150.html
/> http://www.electronic-repair-kits.com/ERK-102.html

However, it looks like my TV might not use the STK IC chips but rather these:
http://www.partstore.com/Part/Sony/Sony/KP53XBR35/Sony/Sony/874992316/New.aspx

Now $62 is pretty expensive compared to those STK chips, I hope that these are a set since the picture shows 2 of them.  Anywhere cheaper for these while still brand name? 

If I order the convergence chips, I think I want to order any resistors, fuses, caps, etc I might need when doing this type of repair (i.e PS causing chips to overvolt and burn out). Since the shipping is sometimes more than these parts.

Can anyone advise what parts I should get for this type of repair, that is, the ones most needed in these types of repairs.

BTW, I am still waiting on getting a service manual from someone, so if you have one PM me on this forum and I will get back to you.

Or you can get my email from www.dvdorganizer.com

goodweathr
recordco said: i have a 93 

recordco said: i have a 93  SONY 27" which a neighbor gave me, it doesn't power up, is there a reset button somewhere on the circuit board? i can't imagine why i doesm't do anything.probably took a power hit, we had an electrical storm recently..............why i thought it SHOULD have a reset somewhere on the board??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

its a cool tv, stereo, and all i need until i go HD . ....another question for another day, but if anyone knows, can you add a hd tuner onto older sony products, or is it not recommended?

I also have a Sony 27" four years old. I have the red light that blinks 5 times. After reading some of the news on this site I decided to scrap my set.  Now I have a very heavy picture tube that I cannot get into my garbage can. How do I destroy this beast.??

zapdbf
The best way is to crack the

The best way is to crack the neck of the tube with a hammer it should jently implode, and the tube will stay mostly intact.

goodweathr
jfcarbel said: Larry or

jfcarbel said: Larry or anyone else, Does anyone have the service manual for KP-53XBR35? I think its the same as the KP-46XBR35 manual. I found an electrician and he can read schematics and has a multi-meter, so I am going to attempt the repair with him. What is the best place to buy the parts for a convergence repair?  I thought I saw a place selling a kit with genuine Sony parts and it included fuses, etc.  But I can't recall where I saw it.

I am parting out a kv-27fs200. If you know anybody who could use the circut boards let me know.

I owned  this TV four years paid $550.00 what a waste. I have the picture tube sitting on my front porch, very heavy. How do I bust this thing up to get rid of it.??

Not Tach Savvy
I'm looking for some help. 

I'm looking for some help.  We own a Sony Trinatron kv-36fv300 that we bought back in 2002.  We no longer have the original remote. Recently the PIP screen appeared in the top right hand of the tv - we cannot get it to go off. Tried everything but there's nothing on the remote that will do it.  Help - we are using a sony universal remote. I think the only solution is to reset the tv but how do I do that without the original remote?  HELLLLLP!

Larry Dillon
If unplugging the set

If unplugging the set overnight does not help, I'm afraid you will need to borrow an original Sony remote from someone or purchace one from somewhere. Good Luck

modelofchrist
Hi,

Hi,
I have a KP 65ws500 and was told that the picture tube was bad. When turned on the set is red, with thin grey lines. There is sound. Then the sound goes off and it turns itself off. I understand that there is some history with the picture tubes in this set. I was also told that no picture tubes parts are available but that remanufactured parts would cost in the range of $1500. Parts needed include 3 that are in stock and 2 that are not:
873364815 CRT07MVC41 (R) -L(FL) and
873366505 CRT07MVC61 (B) -L(FL)
Help!! Please!

modelofchrist
Hi,

Hi,
I have a KP 65ws500 and was told that the picture tube was bad. When turned on the set is red, with thin grey lines. There is sound. Then the sound goes off and it turns itself off. I understand that there is some history with the picture tubes in this set. I was also told that no picture tubes parts are available but that remanufactured parts would cost in the range of $1500. Parts needed include 3 that are in stock and 2 that are not:
873364815 CRT07MVC41 (R) -L(FL) and
873366505 CRT07MVC61 (B) -L(FL)
Help!! Please!

Levick
Another problem with my 15

Another problem with my 15 year old Sony KV27EXR10 Trinitron TV. Occasionally, when I turned it on, I'd hear the solenoid (or something similar) turn on and then off. But other times, it would stay on. Then eventually, it just quit going on and I didn't hear anything either. I unplugged, replugged later, and it worked. But eventually it got to where I'm at now, which is that if I plug it in, the first time when I press the power, I hear a loud solenoid sound but see and hear nothing. Then, if I press the power switch again, I hear a click but again nothing. I'd been driving it on an outside tuner for quite a while, but that doesn't matter now since except for the solenoid noise or clicking sound, I see and hear no signs of life.

Amit Singh
minha tv trinitron kv-xbr25

minha tv trinitron kv-xbr25 ta com a imagem muito grande saindo ultrapassando os lados da tv o que seria isso ?
obrigado desde ja

Amit Singh
minha tv trinitron kv-xbr25

minha tv trinitron kv-xbr25 ta com a imagem muito grande saindo ultrapassando os lados da tv o que seria isso ?
obrigado desde ja

jhulyos
I have a sony TV KV-29DRC420

I have a sony TV KV-29DRC420 which send them to repair that when I turned the audio just went out there and completely shuts down and the light flashes seven times, leading to ceser which is a sony repair center here in peru and I said the board was crossed and they had to replace it, well accepted and charged me dearly, got it now but a new problem emerged the day after having already collected at home and wore began to lose image quality as that blurring, and straightens when I turn it off and turn on again but there is so intermittent adesenfocarse and small letters in the sudtitulos ± as unreadable, his advice will be obliged

Pages

Connect With Techlore