OUR NETWORK: Dijit Community Explore3DTV My Open Router DVRplayground MediaSmart Home See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 4147380.0
October 19, 2006 11:20 AM

Categories: Televisions and Projectors

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Levick

My 15 year old Sony KV27EXR10 Trinitron TV keeps going from good color picture to black and white then audio crackles with  noise in picture and then it goes back to color picture again, and it does this cycle over and over and over every few seconds.  When it first happened two days ago, it took 5 minutes after I turned the set on for this problem to begin, but now it just does it right away and over and over and over. Doesn't matter if I use tuner in set or in VCR, play a tape, or what channel I pick. Any suggestions? 

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 26-50 of 165 | Latest Comment | « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

November 8, 2006 4:34 AM

Larry Dillon said: What is the complete model number?  Including letters an numbers.  There are tons on XBR models and there all differant.

Thanks for responding Larry.  The model number on the back of the set is KV-25XBR and it serial number is 212772.  The F.C.C. code number is AK 896AKV-25XBR.  This is the only indentifing numbers I can find.  Does this help narrow it down?  Again, my problem appears to be a blown fuse somewhere in the sound output circuits.  The picture is still fine, just not sound and I can't find the fuse or circuit breaker.  Thanks again for your help!

Pirate69 (a.k.a. Mike Moore)

November 9, 2006 11:50 AM

Larry Dillon, I don't know how to get schematic. The website http://www.service is not being opened. Can you please do this for me and let me know what other part/parts are to be replaced? Thanks. Zia

November 9, 2006 12:02 PM

Zia  the manuals available here  If you get the manual and send me a copy I will be more then happy to assist you with thisa repair.  You are going to need a mutimeter and know how to check resistors. 

"Those who do not know their opponent's arguments, do not completely understand their own".**For complete TV repair kits including parts goto www.TvRepairKits.com

November 9, 2006 3:01 PM

2 dumb questions (everyone always says there aren't dumbquestions, but i disagree)

1. what is the little fuse on the board next to the power cord, its function?how to check?
2. easy question: how do clean all the dust out safely
 this is a sony may 93 model 
KV-27TS29

thanks

November 9, 2006 9:32 PM

Recordo, that little fuse next to the power cord is the AC fuse for the line inout. Thats in case there is a short circuit. In the set and a resistor didnt burn up, thee fuse would blow so the set would not start on fire or the line cord did not melt or burn. Simply use a low folocity air hose or blower. I have seen peeps us a sucktion vacume cleaner hose but thats a bit too risky for me. Good Luck

"Those who do not know their opponent's arguments, do not completely understand their own".**For complete TV repair kits including parts goto www.TvRepairKits.com

November 9, 2006 11:20 PM

Hallow Larry Dillon, I purchased 3 years ago a Sony big screen rear projection TV model KP-57WS510.  All of sudden picture became blurred (3 Goats Image). All images on screen are giving 3 color shades. Watching NFL...... I see three speared 10 Yards lines in 3 colors....Entire TV Picture is like in Cinemascope.....Also performed Flash adjust setup and there after convergence to adjust (+) Up/down/left/right....Nothing is happening.......I see three + + + signs in different colors. The left & right corner of TV has spared + + +.  Convergence adjustment is not working. I saw some one also reported similar problem and tried to fix it replacing IC....However She seems to have same problem....Problem did not resolved. I am not that Technical to FIX TV on my own. I have called some guy from E Z Electronics to came and take look........Any Idea how much this will cost to fix? What causes this kind of problem?Regards,Chetan

November 10, 2006 1:01 AM

It is going to be in the range of 250 all the way up to 600 bucks depending on what the diagnoises is. Its a crapshoot if im not there looking at a set to see the exact problem. good Luck and please let us know how you made out.

November 10, 2006 12:23 PM

Hi Larry, thank you for quick response! I got the estimate of +/- $450.00 to fix this problem......@ Mike convergence IC's are bad and need to be replaced both of them.........Plus two small power resistors I guess. Needed part already order by Mike.....Hopefully Monday or Wednesday my TV will be fixed. I let you know the final outcome thereafter. Any Idea what causes this?? @ Mike it's most common problem on Rear projection TV. Please let me know what you think on New TV technology DLP (Samsung TV/DLP Inventor Texas Instruments)? Esp. other Plasma & LCD TV has draw back of GAS/Tiny Mirrors with tiny motors & certain area's being burn fast enough then other...........In nutshell what is best for the Bucks! 

November 10, 2006 2:40 PM

Dear Larry Dillon, I have got service manual of KP-57WS510 and try to attach here. If you succeed to retrieve it, please consult it and advise me what to do. I already have multimeter.

Zia

Please let me know how to attach .pdf file?

November 10, 2006 4:17 PM

Zia attach to email and send away

November 10, 2006 10:57 PM

Dear Larry, Dear Matt, I read entire article  "Factors to Consider When Choosing a TV" by Matt Whitlock I am leaning towards LCD Flat Panel TVs.....Any model/brand name you can suggest for largest possible screen size? 

November 11, 2006 8:37 AM

Chetan, its all up to a matter of taste. See what these folks have to say. Also look up on your search"TI lcd test" http://www.projectorcentral.com/lcd_d... You be the judge

November 11, 2006 12:18 PM

I am still unable to attach a file. Please give me your email address to enable me to send you file. Thanks

Zia

November 14, 2006 11:19 AM

Dear Larry Dillon,

Perhaps you have received schematic diagram of D Board of KP-57WS510 sent to you via email. I am waiting your valued response to fix the defect.

Zia

November 14, 2006 3:54 PM

Zia, yes I did, but i try and print it, its way to small to read any writing. I try to blow up the picture, and it gets all fuzzy and cannot read the writing.  Cant it be zipped and attached to my email?  the Manuel?

November 15, 2006 9:34 AM

Dillon, Please let me know how to zip or compress. Perhaps I dont have such program in my computer. The file is too large.

Zia

November 15, 2006 9:53 AM

Do you have winzip or .rar? I have a .rar I can send you if you need it as it is a free compression proggy.

November 15, 2006 10:39 AM

Zia, I found a schematic of the "D" board from a friend.  I want you to check on the "D" board resistors R8122 & R 8127.  They are 7.5 ohm resistors.  These are most likly bad or open.  Also check out coils L8008 & L8007 for a low value like around 1 to 10 ohms.  If they measure a very high resistance or look burnt, replace them.  Also there are several small pico type fuses on the Printed circuit "D" board.  They are labled PS 8001, PS8002,PS8003,PS8004,PS8005 & PS8006.  These are like I said pico type fuses and the value of them are 3.15 amp.  These should measure no resistance at all, a short condition.  Let us Know how you made out and what was or measured bad.

November 15, 2006 1:19 PM

Dillon, Thanks for your useful informations. I have checked thoroughly all over the "D" board. It is very clear and clean. Nothing looks burnt. Resistors R8122 & R8127 are not resistors instead there are jumpers and technically have no resistance at all. Coils L8008 & L8007 have "0" resistance. All other coils on this board have "0" resistance. As far as I know, coils usually have no resistance. Pico type fuses PS8001, PS8002, PS8003, PS8004, PS8005 & PS8006 are actually jumpers and technically have "0" resistance. Please advise further.

Zia

November 15, 2006 2:10 PM

Check what kind of voltage is on the the jumpers where it is marked R8122 and R8127. If there is no voltage there let me know and we will have to trace it back as there has to be a point where there is a resistor for safety reasons

November 15, 2006 9:08 PM

Dear Larry Dillon, Guess What My Sony TV(Model KP-57WS510) ICs STK 392 & 560 after  being replaced By Mike TV tech (two convergence IC's) my TV is still not up.........Mike had to order/get additional parts.......So it sound like I am in same situation like Zia. Looks like Sony TV design has some problems? 

November 15, 2006 10:58 PM

No you need a schematic and trace out the B+ to the IC and the drives to the ICs.  Zia and I WILL figure this out for sure.  Make sure there is B+ on the two resistors or jumpers as Im told sony on later model productions set did not use resistors for the resistors marked R8122 and R 8127.  if there are no resistors ther go and trace where that voltage comes from .. Oh wait.  I have that manual.  Let me look and I will post back where thAt voltage originates.

November 16, 2006 11:20 AM

Chetan, Did you receive my email? I think Dillon should be informed the contents of my email.

Zia

November 16, 2006 11:31 AM

yes, what did you find if anything?

November 17, 2006 10:46 AM

Dear Dillon, I want that that this issue should be raised up collectively with Sony. We must convince Sony that their this model has manufacturing defect that after 3 years of use, its convergence become out. They should trace out fault and make arrangments to fix it or atleast explain their customers as to how to fix it.

Zia

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 26-50 of 165 | Latest Comment | « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next »

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window