OUR NETWORK:Dijit Community Explore3DTV My Open Router DVRplayground MediaSmart Home See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 1647770.0
September 20, 2006 11:11 AM

Categories: Televisions and Projectors

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Shanny

I have an RCA tv model #F25305 that I have forgotten the parental code. 

I do NOT have the original remote, and have tried all fixes found here with no success.

Is there a master password for this model or any other suggestions?

Discussion:    Comments 1-18 of 18 | Latest Comment

Answers Post September 20, 2006 1:19 PM

Hi Shanny,

I found this in the TV's manual:

If you forget your password, press and hold TV on the remote and the
MENU button on the television simultaneously for 3 seconds. Parental
controls will then unlock and you can re-enter a password via Lock
Parental Controls.

Quick tip: Make sure you aim the remote at the TVs sensor while you press the TV button,  and hold the menu button in on the front of the television.

September 20, 2006 1:49 PM

Hi there,

THANK YOU so very much, it worked!!!

I even called RCA tech line, they said to hold the volume down on remote and menu on tv, did NOT work.  I was so frustrated! You made my day, Thanks again.

September 20, 2006 1:55 PM

You're welcome. That combination does work on some of their other models, just not yours. You'd think they'd know that!

View unverified member's comment - posted by mattallica

View unverified member's comment - posted by Ab Thurston

August 10, 2009 11:49 AM

Is the T.V.supposed to be turned off when you are trying to unlock the parental codes?

April 7, 2010 9:05 AM

Which way for modelRCA 27v570t to reset password?

April 15, 2010 8:04 PM

it's starting to work but it will only show a flash of the channel i want to see is there anything else i should do?

May 7, 2010 10:04 PM

i have a rca tv model: s13801cl and i have looked everywhere and can not find out how to reset the parental password! please help.

May 7, 2010 10:13 PM

Maldonado_24 said: i have a rca tv model: s13801cl and i have looked everywhere and can not find out how to reset the parental password! please help.
this worked for one of  oF MY TVSTV'S....., 2006 2:19 PM Hi Shanny, I found this in the TV's manual: If you forget your password, press and hold TV on the remote and the MENU button on the television simultaneously for 3 seconds. Parental controls will then unlock and you can re-enter a password via Lock Parental Controls. Quick tip: Make sure you aim the remote at the TVs sensor while you press the TV button,  and hold the menu button in on the front of the television. Mind Over Matt'er - Technology musings, opinion, and more straight from TechLore's head geek.

May 7, 2010 10:32 PM

thank you for your help but i finally figured it out! fisrt you go to v-chip parental control settings then hol chan. up and vol. down until the menu dissapears then go back into menu and put i 0000 and your in!

View unverified member's comment - posted by Mommy197888

View unverified member's comment - posted by zram

July 27, 2010 5:07 PM

I have an RCA TV model #27R410T and it is stuck on the screen asking for a password my husband and I have never entered a password and have never seen this screen before and we no longer have the manual how do we deal with this? I tried holding the tv-menu buttons and volume-menu buttons and that did not work
please help.

August 3, 2010 3:20 PM

I have a RCA model #27V514T and the image goes away after few seconds, showing me a grey screen with a message telling me that parental control is activated. How can I deactivate it? Thanks!

August 18, 2010 9:23 PM

I have an RCA TV model #27R410T and it is stuck on the screen asking for a password my amd i dont know it can someone help me out thanks God Bless

View unverified member's comment - posted by robert hamblen

View unverified member's comment - posted by Juley

Discussion:    Back to Top | Comments 1-18 of 18 | Latest Comment

Thread is locked, no more posts may be added.

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window