Philips LX3000D DVD Suround Sound System

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Ellis
Philips LX3000D DVD Suround Sound System

I have a LX3000D DVD & Surround Sound System, and I am receiving no sound through the 5 speakers and sub woofer. All other features of the unit including the DVD unit function as normal, it's just that the sound comes through the TV rather than the surround system.

I have checked the fuses inside the unit and they don't appear to have blown. I am therefore at a loss as to what could be causing the loss of sound to all speakers? i little while ago the speakers suddenly kicked in and worked for 15 minutes until I switched the unit off, but they have not worked since. 

AIDAN
Hi

Hi
I had the same problem and I found that there was a bad connection at resistor R467 on the main board. This resulted in the -12 volts been missing. The bad connection was on the underside of the board at this resistor which I soldered and now everything is working fine

Aidan

Larry Ellis
AIDAN said: Hi I had the same

AIDAN said: Hi I had the same problem and I found that there was a bad connection at resistor R467 on the main board. This resulted in the -12 volts been missing. The bad connection was on the underside of the board at this resistor which I soldered and now everything is working fine Aidan

Aidan,

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated.

I will check this out and see whether this is my problem.

Much appreciated,

Larry

Connect With Techlore