samsung HCL4715W

335 posts / 0 new
Last post
Larry Dillon
unless the board is already

unless the board is already corroded I will agree with you but there are several boards that I have successfully repaired that had fluid leak on them!!!!!!
Larry D

ChurchTechGuy
Need some help from someone

Need some help from someone who has recently done service to this TV or has theirs taken apart.
I have replaced the IC chips and am in the process of reassembly, but It's been a while since I took it apart originally and now I cant figure out where ONE wire goes.
The orphaned wire is the smaller white (sometimes red) wire off the deflection coil.

Thanks
CTG

Larry Dillon
are you sure that white wire

are you sure that white wire is going to the coil or to the picture tube boards???
Larry D.

ChurchTechGuy
If you look at BassKozz's

If you look at BassKozz's photos on page 3 of this thread
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y105/basskozz/BrokenSamsung/ReplaceBoar...
You can see it slightly right of center, all be it dirty, coming off the HV coil, going up the bundle of wires, disappearing around the front of the HV distributor.
It's a long wire, so where it could plug into is almost limitless.

Thanks
CTG

Larry Dillon
check on the hv distribution

check on the hv distribution block or around the fly-back transformer or around on the board try turning on the set and see what the picture looks like maybe that would give you a clue oh yes I almost forgot is the any letters marked on the plug on the end of that loose wire.

Ryan953
I am looking into buying the

I am looking into buying the sub deflection board. I have looked at the pictures posted on here and im still having questions in what exactly i will be replacing. Is it everything in the bottom of the tv, because it lookes like i have two different boards when i take off the back panal. any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Ryan

Larry Dillon
depends on what your problem

depends on what your problem with the set is??????
Larry Dillon

sg227
Hello Larry,

Hello Larry,
I have been reading your post and you seam to be the person i need to talk to. i just got a hcl4715w from my dad because the convergence is all out of whack. do i just go buy a new board and pop it in? If so how hard is it,and what all do i need? if you can help me out it would be of great help. I'm just out of college starting my 1st teaching job so money is tight and would love to do this myself if thats possible, but my skills are so-so.

Thank you
Sg227

Larry Dillon
yes a board is a lot easier

yes a board is a lot easier to replace but getting a repair kit for your model is a lot less expensive.The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to TV repair kits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, click on here please: http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry
no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK ICÂ’S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made ICÂ’S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases,

Jpvlk
Does anyone have a schematic

Does anyone have a schematic for the samsung HCL473W?

Snapper
Larry and others: just to let

Larry and others: just to let you guys know... color went out on my 7+ year old 4715W. Wife and I had watched intermittent B/W for nearly two years! I'm cheap but wife was desparately about to order a new Tv! so, I read your entire threads on similar problems as I was having. Ordered the convergence board (about $130 with fast shipping). Cleaned and checked all connectors after replacing board. Found online tech manual and service manual (FREE!) Followed the simple convergence procedure for setting display and color values (factory settings were tweaked for personal preferences). WOW! A perfectly focused and dynamic picture! Unquestionably, this is well engineered TV and will last for years to come! Oh, it doesn't take a rocket-scientist to read the service manual and make the adjustments but it does take about three hours for the entire project!
THANKS TO ALL YOU who blogged!

rescue25`
Wow has the price gone up

Wow has the price gone up that much I got mine on ebay for 89 including shipping. I even looked at sending in the old board for a core charge but they did not want it.
CSQ.

Larry Dillon
yes that manual can be found

yes that manual can be found here on this site for a free download it is located in the technicians corner ubder the resourses tab.you can also get a kit with everything you need here http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry
Larry D.

bill323
Hi I have a Samsunghcl4715w

Hi I have a Samsunghcl4715w tv Just turned it on and has ghost shadows left side of whatever is on & in print there are 2 letters one bolder red. tried adjusting the manual convergence. Some of the lines or boxes red wont move at all. Any sugestins.

Thanks
Bill

bill323
Hi have samsung hcl4715w just

Hi have samsung hcl4715w just turned on has red ghost toright of all objects & any print has a red or blue outline to it . went to adjust manual convergence & the little red & white Crosses to the left are way off & wont move, Is this an easy fix or is set Junk
Thanks
Bill

Larry Dillon
The best advice I can tell

The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to tvrepairkits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! Go to http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry
The kit comes with original Sanyo STK IC'S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made IC'S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases GOOD LUCK!!!
Larry Dillon.

Jason94Cobra
I think I am about to give up

I think I am about to give up on my set, but only because I have managed to HORRIBLY mess up the convergence setting. I don't know what I did exactly, but it is soooo far from the original adjustments that I am frustrated with it. That being said... if someone knows what they are doing and are close to Austin Texas I have a TV that works with a brand new main board and also comes with the old one for sale. $150 picked up and if you know what you are doing adjustment wise you can have a great set. Unless someone knows of an easy way to get the adjustments someone back to factory...

rescue25`
You need not give up. The

You need not give up. The thing about the convergence you can start over by either just turning off the set and starting over. But you need to remember to lock each color before you move to the next one. And that being said once you remember that you can still pull it off also there is a way to get the colors to a starting point if I remember you would press the number 5 with all of the colors on and then it will give you another starting point. It just takes a lot of patients and it is time consuming. But be sure you do the prelimanry adjustments for the picture size and width. Once that has been set you can go to work in the convergence.

resceu25

Larry Dillon
have you replaced the

have you replaced the convergence ic's yet?
Larry D.

DickBennet
Hi I'm new to this site but I

Hi I'm new to this site but I have a 4715w and the other day the picture started jumping up and down and a big curve in the top of the screen and then after a little while it just starts to turn itself on and off but never really turning back on. I pulled out the sub power/deflection board (middle board)and the board on the left (if looking at the T.V. from the back) and didn't really see any burnt components. I then cleaned the boards with alcohol and q tips but still same problem. Any help with what to replace would be awesome!

Larry Dillon
is it more of zig-zags on the

is it more of zig-zags on the screen?
Larry

DickBennet
When the set is first turned

When the set is first turned on it works normal then after a little while the screen bows down from the top about 4 inches and the rest of the screen shows a picture but the colors aren't quit aligned and it bounces up and down irratically. the first thing I noticed to go wrong with the T.V. was three lines going across the screen right in the middle going horizontal red blue green. just three thin lines only when in 1080i with my Xbox. Then shortly after the bow at the top then it starts to shut itslef off n on til I unplug it.

Larry Dillon
sounds like the set is

sounds like the set is possessed? no acually sounds like you need to resolder the two convergence ic'sthey are mounted up against the large alluminum plate be carefull and do not short out any pins and leave them shorted or you will have a major issue!!! they start with STK-xxx-xx
the xx's are numbers
Larry D.

DickBennet
I'll give it a try tomorrow

I'll give it a try tomorrow and hopefully that takes care of it. I'll keep you updated. Thanks for the quick response!

DickBennet
Ok so I went out and bought a

Ok so I went out and bought a soldering iron and some solder and resoldered some of the pins on the stk's as like 6 of the pins didn't have any solder holding them at all! The T.V. turns on now and doesn't shut off or do anything wierd but now the picture is really blurry. I did accidentally break a connector on a long white wire that connects to a little box mounted way in the front of the T.V. (if looking in from the back). I tried resoldering the connector back on to the wire but didn't do a very good job. I'm going to try to do a better job a little later. I'm really not good with a soldering iron so I most likely will also recheck the pins on the stk's and see if they need to be redone again. I hope I didn't mess anything up because the picture was clear before all of this. Convergence seems to be good and perfect focus does work. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks

mzbwbp
I was happy to see that this

I was happy to see that this post is still maintained.

Here is my situation:
I have a Samsung HCL473W Rear Projection TV. The convergence has gone bad, meaning I get the 3D effect and bowed lines top & bottom of screen. I tried autofocus - no good, tried manual focus but Red will not align and with the "bowed" issue the blue & green can't be aligned properly. I had the same issue once before while it was under extended warranty and the tech said he replaced the convergence board- that repair lasted roughly 3 years. I called to see what it would cost to fix the set now (extended warranty long gone) and was told somewhere around $400.00 US dollars - way too much for a 8 year old TV.

So, I'm trying to fix myself and read all the posts here. I ordered a convergence board from partstore.com (BP9500142E)- this is the part they said replaced the old Samsung part. But it is a much smaller board although the STK392-040 chips (2 of them) are on it. There are also places to plug the Red / Green / Blue cables.

I see in this post that it is recommended to replace AA95-01846D which is a much larger board but have the same STK392-040 chips on the sliver heat disp . . . or order a repair kit - which I'm not keen on doing.

I paid $69.95 for the BP95-00142E part but I'm thinking it's not the correct part and I need to order AA95-01846D . . . but what's confusing me is they both have the STK392-040 chips . . . so my questions is . . . is part no. BP95-00142E a new part to replace parts no longer manufactured and will work or should I order the AA95-01846D - which cost about $147.00 at partstore.com?

Any help would be appreciated.

I know Larry is the main guy here so "Larry" can you provide any insight . . .did I just get the wrong part?

Thanks

workego
Sir,

Sir,

I have question regarding the flyback transformer, how you remove it, please share me your opinion.
best regards

Sig

workego
Sir,

Sir,

How you remove the red flyback transformer and that white wire.please share with me your experience.
best regards

Sig

GreggV420
I recently was given a 2001

I recently was given a 2001 54in Samsung Tantus (Model# PCJ534RF). I am having issues with convergence, red specifically. It is both off center and the image bends towards the left side of the screen. I've pulled the convergence board (AA41-00135D)and can not find any blown resistors or fuses which leads me to believe i should replace the entire board or have it refurbed from ptscorp. Will my AA41 board accept the same replacements as the AA95?

Thanks in advance to all the previous responses that have already helped me. This board has proved extremely beneficial.

Gregg

mzbwbp
Just to close out my

Just to close out my situation in case anyone finds it useful.

I ordered part number AA95-01846D from PartStore.com (they also provided a return authorization number to send pack the wrong part). I installed the new board and after running perfect focus the TV is working good as new.

The take away for anyone interested is be sure to get the correct part.

Pages

Connect With Techlore