Monitor goes Black

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
arpeggio6408
Monitor goes Black

I have a MAG LT916s Model #900P monitor and it has started going to a black screen.It will boot correctly but once in Windows it will just go black. If you turn it on and off it will come on for a few seconds and then go black again. I am running Windows XP media center edition. The computer and monitor are only three months old. I have adjusted the power save to never for the monitor. I hooked up an old monitor, an EV700, and it works just fine. What do I need to do to fix this? Thank you in advance for your help.

straightShot
I see that you posted this a

I see that you posted this a year ago, but I am now having the exact same issue my my MAG 900P.  It powers up and then goes blank.  Pressing the power button 4 times results in it powering up again for 2 seconds.

Any help in finding replacement parts would be great.  My monitor is 14 months old and is thus out of warranty.

Thanks.

dans_repair_service
This problem is usually due

This problem is usually due to a connection problem at the CRT board.  Open up the unit (with it unplugged!) and check the connections at the connector that is on the board on the back of the picture tube.  The cable that connects to the computer should end up here.  These connections often go bad because of heat/cold and without the detection of a signal form the computer, the monitor will shutdown (power saving).

Dan

Connect With Techlore