OUR NETWORK: Dijit Community Explore3DTV My Open Router DVRplayground MediaSmart Home See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 442624.0
November 6, 2005 02:20 AM

Categories: Televisions and Projectors

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

lydjen

My emerson tv is acting weird. My remote does not work and the buttons on the front of the tv do not properly work. The power button works fine. However, the volume and channel buttons do not work. When I press the menu button it does nothing...however, if I hold down the menu button it turns the volume up. When I let go of the menu button the volume involuntarily turns itself down to zero (no volume). To make it even more odd, when I hold the menu button down and then volume goes up I can then hold down the volume button and it will "hold" the volume at its current intensity. Then when I let go of the volume button it goes back down to zero (no volume). I'm really not sure what to do. I don't know if it is worth the investment to take it in to get it repaired. Do you have any idea what the problem is and what I might be able to do, if anything, to fix it? Please let me know.

Thanks!

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-7 of 7 | Latest Comment

November 7, 2005 9:43 AM

Without knowing a little more about the TV, it's hard to say if it's worth fixing. Given the Emerson brand, I'd be inclined to say no. You can always read "How to Determine if you Should Repair a Broken Device" for some advice on how to decide.

December 4, 2005 12:26 PM

I agree with Matt on this one...considering the make of the tv probably it's not worth fixing.

View unverified member's comment - posted by Kelsay

August 2, 2011 8:53 PM

Have you been able to solve this problem? My Emerson tv is doing the exact same thing.

View unverified member's comment - posted by Divina

August 2, 2012 7:41 AM

Remote problem: buttons 1 to 3, and channel change button not working. Emerson brand. Manual change works.

August 2, 2012 7:42 AM

Remote problem: buttons 1 to 3, and channel change button not working. Emerson brand. Manual change works.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-7 of 7 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window