OUR NETWORK: Dijit Community Explore3DTV My Open Router DVRplayground MediaSmart Home See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 374866.0
November 2, 2005 06:41 PM

Categories: Off-Topic

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

RickR

I replaced an old Honeywell Round with a new Honeywell Round CT87B. Now the fan won't come on with the heat when fan is set on auto. Any help?

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-2 of 2 | Latest Comment

November 2, 2005 9:16 PM

Rick, I'm certainly not the most qualified person to answer heating/cooling questions, but I'll help if I can. Is the connection to your furnace a 3, 4, or 5 wire connection?

February 15, 2008 7:42 AM

I had to hire in an electrical engineer for 5 hours yesterday to trouble-shoot my solar heat collection system in conjunction with a gas fired backup which the blower was running continiously... my brother had replaced the TOP of a Honeywell CT87A base...and have 4 wires from the system. Consequently, the top piece doesn't use the green wire (Lookup Honeywell website-thermostats-ct87A! Look at page 8 of the schematics which lists which wires work on which model...) and made the gas run ANYTIME the house called for heat, even if the solar system had the heat available- resulting in a gas bill of $492 and an electrical bill of $495 last month!

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-2 of 2 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window