motorola i85 phonebook problem

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
boneman
motorola i85 phonebook problem

hey, my i85 motorola will not accept, keep, remember any # i program into it. after i go through the motions and hit done it says check sim card! wut the heck is that crap? anyone know how to fix it besides super slammin it on the concrete? thxs anyone wh helps

Matt Whitlock
Turn off the phone and take

Turn off the phone and take off the battery. Remove the little SIM card from the back of the phone, and reinsert. Turn back on the phone, and try again.

Guest (not verified)
thxs but that was the 1st

thxs but that was the 1st thing i tried. didnt help but i appreciate the help.

Matt Whitlock
The phone should be able to

The phone should be able to store contacts either on the SIM or in the phone's memory. Is there a menu setting that selects where contacts are saved to?

Guest (not verified)
matt yes there is a menu

matt yes there is a menu seting to store contacts put. like i said it goes through the whole process of storing it then when u hit the done button it reads check sim card and stays like that for 3 minutes at least, thats when i get irritated and take out battery cause thats all it will do. but if you know of anything i can do id b appreciative. but thank you for tryin that is appreciated thxs

Matt Whitlock
Motorola states that it's

Motorola states that it's either due to a bad connection and to do what we both initially thought. You can also try taking a pencil eraser to the contacts on the phone (lightly) to clean off any oxidation build up that may prohibiting the reader from making contact with the card.

They say if the problem persists, either the SIM card or the card reader in the phone is defective. You'll need to contact your service provider for repair or replacement of either the card or the phone.

Guest (not verified)
matt hey bro thxs alot ill do

matt hey bro thxs alot ill do that now much thxs again

Connect With Techlore