OUR NETWORK: Dijit Community Explore3DTV My Open Router DVRplayground MediaSmart Home See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 6222010.0
October 16, 2005 01:08 PM

Categories: Portable Gaming

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

Anthony 77

First i go to network update, select new connection and when scaning for an access points in my wlan settings, it always comes up "no access points were detected.do you want to try again?". I can not get on the web because of that.Anyone knows what to do?.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-25 of 49 | Latest Comment | 1 2 Next »

October 16, 2005 1:09 PM

First i go to network update, select new connection and when scaning for an access points in my wlan settings, it always comes up "no access points were detected.do you want to try again?". I can not get on the web because of that.Anyone knows what to do?.

October 17, 2005 10:11 AM

My first suggestion would be to input the SSID of your WLAN manually. If the SSID broadcast is disabled on your router, then the scan will not find the network.

October 18, 2005 12:19 PM

Another suggestion... Are you sure that the wireless LAN is actually up? Do you have another device that confirms it's existence? Have you cycled the wireless router / access point, to make sure that it's not in some funky state?

"I'm just jazzed to be on the show, man."

June 30, 2006 12:12 PM

Can someone tell me how to find my "SSID" number and how to find if my WLAN security settings is None, WEP, or WPA-PSK (TKIP), also my Address Settings is either "Easy" or "Custom" and thats it so I can use the internet. Smile

June 30, 2006 4:03 PM

If you log in to your wireless router's or access points menu, you'll be able to look up the given SSID name. You'll also be able to determine what form of encryption it's currently set to use, but most routers obscure the key. If you don't know what it is, you should be able to change it in the menu.

December 18, 2006 5:55 PM

Im about to buy a Router. How do i get a signal from my Internet on the computer to my PSP? and does it cost money to have it on your psp? also is it exsactly like a computer with a desktop and all that?:)

September 13, 2008 9:36 PM

On network connections when select profile it say that aconnection error has occurred. It tells me that the WLAN switch is not turned on. Also is there something that goes in the SSID box. Your help will be greatly appericated.
Thankyou PSP, Owner Billy

September 14, 2008 7:44 PM updated: September 14, 2008 7:45 PM

Well, first of all, you have to be near a wireless router. Try going to a coffee shop that offers wireless internet or the library, then scan for access points. The available connections will show up, and you should just choose the one with the highest percentage or the one without encryption (unless you know the password for the encrypted ones).

The WLAN function of the PSP only works like a cordless phone, it needs the base station (wireless router connected to the web); not like a cell phone that works anywhere.

September 28, 2008 10:53 PM

I currently have the same problem with the new PSP-2000 model. I have 4 other PSP2000 models connected to the same wireless network.. I have not resolved the problem as yet. However, as a first step check the following

(i) WAN switch is ON (you will know its on as it will blink when searching for WiFi availability)
(ii) Check SSID broadcast is set to ON on your router. If not set to ON, it will not broadcast the SSID. HOwever, if you know the SSID (usually a name), type it in EXACTLY in the manual setup.
(iii) make sure your wifi router is all setup.

When i find a solution to the problem, i will repost and update. I bought the new one to have access to play movies on the LCD, however, they neglected to tell one that not all the same switches/connectors are in the same place, so you will find that some of the accessories and docking stations for the old PSP2000 will not work on the new one.

Ken

View unverified member's comment - posted by optis

October 26, 2008 2:43 PM

Multi your player? What are you talking about? And posting one minute after asking for advice wont make it go any faster.

October 30, 2008 10:11 PM

What the hell are you talking about? Do you want to use someone else's memory stick and play their games on your PSP? Do you have Custom Firmware, like 4.01m33? 5.00m33? Otherwise, no you can't. Unless your friend downloaded the game from the online playstation store, then they're using ISO/CSO's which require Custom Firmware.

Do you know what google is? How it works? There are literally MILLIONS of articles on this very subject. Why not do your own research, like the rest of us.

October 30, 2008 11:52 PM

To all those have connection problems with PSP to wireless networks. I recently upgraded router to N series and had countless problems being able to see and/or connect to network.. intermittently working etc.. the SOLUTION was to set the encryption to to WPA-PSK and not the WPA2-PSK. The WPA2 encryption was the cause of all connectivity problems including PS3.

So if you are having probs.. give it a whirl.

October 30, 2008 11:53 PM

.. that was the WPA encryption on the ROUTER.. be sure to NOT set it to WPA2.

cheers

October 31, 2008 9:51 AM

Ken Clements said: .. that was the WPA encryption on the ROUTER.. be sure to NOT set it to WPA2. cheers
That's a great tip Ken! Many probably don't know that the PS3 and PSP are not WPA2 friendly. So from your experience, WEP and WPA work fine?

November 1, 2008 8:53 PM

Dude. Listen to me, focus. Focus here, on the pretty black words.

YOU NEED CUSTOM FIRMWARE! Do a ******* google search for it. YOU CANNOT PLAY GAMES ON YOUR MEMORY CARD WITHOUT CUSTOM FIRMWARE.

November 27, 2008 8:14 AM

optis: what game is it that you are trying to download? if it is a flash game then the download probably worked and you just need to know how to launch the game. if it is a psp game or a super mario or some other game that needs emulation, you need a custom firmware.

View unverified member's comment - posted by rey

December 12, 2008 7:59 PM

Please type legibly and so I understand you.

View unverified member's comment - posted by fatman

View unverified member's comment - posted by fatman

January 10, 2009 10:01 PM

It means either the wireless network you are trying to access is encrypted and you didn't enter the right password or the connection from the internet is too weak (either because you are too far away, or the transmitter is being blocked by too many walls and pipes).

Try getting closer, or using another wireless network.

January 22, 2009 6:46 AM updated: January 22, 2009 6:55 AM

Hi, i've followed all of tips on this topic, but for some reason i cannot get my psp to connect to my router. I have a psp 3003 firmware is 5.03 i know that the wireless works because my laptop works

My router is a D-Link DSL-2740B
i've set the mode to MIXED 802.11g and 802.11b
and the security is set to WPA

but for some reason my psp still says

No Access points were detected :( really dont know whats going on here

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-25 of 49 | Latest Comment | 1 2 Next »

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window