OUR NETWORK: Dijit Community Explore3DTV My Open Router DVRplayground MediaSmart Home See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 397356.0
September 1, 2005 07:23 PM

Categories: Televisions and Projectors

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

SisteRita

It's the TV-from-a-yard-sale story. There's no remote or instruction manual. Channels are blocked. How can I remove parental controls to unblock channels? I don't know the 4-digit code. Do I have to buy the manual from Sony? Argh. Thank you.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-9 of 9 | Latest Comment

September 1, 2005 7:40 PM

SisteRita,

Welcome to the TechLore Community. Don't you hate it when people don't disable passwords before they sell their used equipment. It's like selling your old car without giving the new owners the ignition key. Thankfully, TechLore's got the answer.

First, let's get that parental lock disabled. In the password screen, type in the code 4357, which is the master code to the Sony KV-27FS13. After you use the master password, you will need to enter a new password. Pick one you can remember. After that is done, enter the TV's setup menu and adjust the parental controls using your new password, or disable it entirely.

Second, you do not need to buy a replacement manual from Sony. A .pdf version of the manual for your TV can be downloaded from Sony's e-support site. Click here to download your manual.

Please don't forget to tell 10 of your dearest friends about TechLore. You wouldn't want to keep this site a secret... would you???

September 1, 2005 7:55 PM

SisteRita, just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for it?

September 1, 2005 8:53 PM

Tie Guy -- $50, with a load of furniture for considerably more. Previous owner moving overseas.

October 31, 2005 8:32 PM

how do u disable the v chip for samsung txl2791f?
or the master code please i cant watch tv :(

December 3, 2005 5:34 PM

i called them..... thanks for the help.....

they said turn on the tv and turn it off with the remote... while its off, press mute, and then 842... then turn on hte tv and go into v-chip and the password is 0000!!!!!!!!!!!

January 9, 2007 4:46 PM

SisteRita said: It's the TV-from-a-yard-sale story. There's no remote or instruction manual. Channels are blocked. How can I remove parental controls to unblock channels? I don't know the 4-digit code. Do I have to buy the manual from Sony? Argh. Thank you.

me 2 can u help me

March 15, 2007 11:28 PM

Is that code posted for the sony TV a universal code for all sony tv'S?

March 15, 2007 11:40 PM

Try it and see if it works. Report back to us please.

"Those who do not know their opponent's arguments, do not completely understand their own".**For complete TV repair kits including parts goto www.TvRepairKits.com

View unverified member's comment - posted by Easynohman

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-9 of 9 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window