OUR NETWORK: TiVo Community Explore3DTV My Open Router DVRplayground MediaSmart Home See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Learn about scoring Forum's Raw Score: 2246710.0
August 26, 2005 07:27 AM

Categories: Televisions and Projectors

Rating (0 votes)
Rate This!

Member Avatar

closetblonde

My husband and I recently decided to join the world and get cable. We have two TV's with VChips in them, but I've lost the mauals and I can't find the codes online!! Somebody please help me!!

We have:
Philips/Magnavox MT2501C121
Symphonic WF203

Please help me!

Thanks!

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-25 of 41 | Latest Comment | 1 2 Next »

August 26, 2005 10:24 AM

closetblonde,

The V-chip access code override for your Magnavox TV is 0,7,1,1. You can download a copy of your Magnavox manual here.

As far as your Symphonic goes, I don't believe there is any pass code to the TV. If the words "Protected Program" appear, change to an unblocked channel and press menu. Go to V-Chip setup and change everything to VIEW in both TV and MPAA ratings screens. This should disable everything. You can download a copy of your Symphonic manual here.

Don't forget to tell everyone you know how much you love TechLore!

March 17, 2007 1:59 PM

need vchip  acess code for mitsubishi model # ws55809, serial# 105278

March 17, 2007 11:17 PM

Bypassing the V-Chip Lock on most Mitsubishi sets:
Mitsubishi sets use a four-digit passcode that is required to view a V-Chip locked program, view the locked TV, cancel the lock, or enter the V-Chip lock menus.  
If you don't have the passcode, it is easy to bypass.  This is neccessary if you forgot the code, purchased the set used, or if you simply don't feel like searching through your files to find it.

To bypass the V-chip:  You can view the locked shows by pressing the number 9 and QV buttons on the remote at the same time, whenever your  passcode is requested.  This process  temporarily unlocks the TV.

To reset the code:  When you use the button combination 9 and QV while entering the V-Chip Lock menu,  this process deletes your old passcode  and prompts you to enter a new passcode.

Good luck, and let us know how you made out with this TV set.

"Those who do not know their opponent's arguments, do not completely understand their own".**For complete TV repair kits including parts goto www.TvRepairKits.com

March 17, 2008 9:01 PM

i have a esa tv and lost the remote and manual;all of my v-chip channels are blocked how can i clear it or reset it please help me.

March 17, 2008 9:29 PM

Well, first off, I have never heard of that brand. Second, If I could find it, you would most likely need an original remote unit. Maybe go back where it was purchaced and see if any of the sles peeps knows anything about it. GOOD LUCK!

"Those who do not know their opponent's arguments, do not completely understand their own".**For complete TV repair kits including parts goto www.TvRepairKits.com

October 18, 2008 9:47 AM

got a used sharp t.v dont know the v chip code the dog ate the remote can u help resetting the v chip have a universal remote

October 18, 2008 4:38 PM

nope, I am sorry you ned an original mote. a univeral wil not work.

View unverified member's comment - posted by DRR

October 25, 2008 11:20 PM

Panasonic sets need to be reset to clear the v-chip settings. To do this, put it in standby mode, then press the POWER and ACTION buttons at the same time and then turn the power off. The set should reset to the factory defaults, and reset the v-chip.

View unverified member's comment - posted by Steve1

January 19, 2009 6:31 PM

I have sharp tv model- 20f640 forgot v chip pin code, is any body out there can help me how to reset it or remove it? thanx

January 19, 2009 8:42 PM

hi everyone i need help unlocking my sharp 27" tv Can someone help Thanks

View unverified member's comment - posted by Carman

March 29, 2009 10:38 PM updated: May 9, 2009 3:09 PM

Hello all. I have an Emerson "Spongebob" set. Even with the original remote, I can't get the vchip to work. Please help.

View unverified member's comment - posted by chicquita

March 31, 2009 4:39 AM

you cannot reset the V-chip with a universal remote, only with an originsl type remote.

April 2, 2009 9:31 AM

Hey gay12345890=xd, whats with the rude commmit? We are only trying to help you. If you do not like the snswer please ask somewhere else.You should be band from asking any othr questions but maybe you were having a bad day?

View unverified member's comment - posted by Jahquar

April 11, 2009 9:52 PM

Nope I'm sorry to say you will need to borrow or get an original remote control to clear out the V-chip code.

May 8, 2009 10:30 PM

i have a panasonic but dont have the regular remote i have a digital dvr remote will i be able to reset with this remote?

May 9, 2009 12:50 AM

No sorry you will NOT!, as you need an original remote control See if a friend, relative or a neighbor has one you can borrow.

May 28, 2009 5:37 PM

i have a ilo 42 inch some how my nephew has added a code to lock out pg 13 shows how can i unlock or reset v chip?

June 18, 2009 1:28 PM

Hope this will be easy.

We have a Protron PLTV 3757 that was return item. No one know the pass code to unblock the TV channels one is the local PBS station and the other is an independent station.

Thank You for your Help !

The Original reason this unit was returned is a large dark smudged area 3 by 5 near the top center of the screen.

June 18, 2009 4:36 PM

you will need to contact proton on this one!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

June 18, 2009 10:23 PM

Larry Dillon said: you will need to contact proton on this one!!! GOOD LUCK!!!!

Unfortunately I cannot find a Protron website that might have a support link. 

I know there is another name now and wondered if you might have an url for either so I can contact them. 

Thank You again

UncleDoug

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-25 of 41 | Latest Comment | 1 2 Next »

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window
close this window