Mitsubishi WS-55807 cONVERGENCE pROBELM

58 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vette69
Larry I would really

Larry I would really appreciate that it is [email protected] thanks again. and you may be right about being in worse shape ton to mention the stress and muscle i need to move it again...Thanks...

ErikU19
Hey Guys,

Hey Guys,

Picked up a WS-55807 that was in storage for 5 years. Plugged it in and the unit didint do anything. After waiting a couple hours i tried the power button again and the set turned on (briefly, heard a clicking and the green light came on but nothing on the screen) and then turned off after about 5 seconds. I've done some searching it everyone seems to be pointing to the convergence chips.

Does this sound right? Or could it be the power supply?

Joemonty
OK Larry, you definitely seem

OK Larry, you definitely seem like the go to guy here! I have a VS 50111 and have been told that I'm going to spend $300 for a tech to repair the set, and yes my problems are also the Blue convergence. I took the set apart just to see what was going on so I'm already 1/2 way there. The repair kit site you mentioned looks like it'll be about $80 total to fix my set... the question is- I'm moderately good with a soldering iron. Should I just pay the extra or give it a try. I'm a pretty good do-it-yourselfer.

SiameseSal
Larry or Vette69, great info,

Larry or Vette69, great info, I have exactly the same problem, my Mit ws-55807 just went out on me. Only the green light comes on for a second or less then the unit will just die. After many research, it seem lead all to the convergence chip issue. Can one of you send me the user manual, so I can try to fix the problem myself. I have no problem of rebuilting PC, I would assume that skill will be enough to handle replacing some chips in the convergence board.

My email is [email protected]

thanks in advance for your help.

KCB
I'm having the same

I'm having the same convergence problem on my WS-55807. Where are the IC's 392-570 located? Are they accessible from the front or the back? Can someone send pictures or tell me where I can download a schematic?

Stevetolncus
My Mitsu WS 55807 acts like

My Mitsu WS 55807 acts like it is going to come on. The light on the front turns green and I here a click but almost immediately here another click and the green light goes back off.. Is threre a fuse, a reset or something simple I can try or has the power supply bit the big one.

Vette69
Lerry if you could could you

Lerry if you could could you please let me know where I could get service manual, or could you sent me a copy of yours. I replaced the IC and got my picture back but it still will not allow me to adjust the RED convergence in the up and down there for I still have a sideways hour glass affect. HELP..
Vette69

crafty cathy
We have replaced the IC with

We have replaced the IC with Sanyo parts and still no luck on our WS55807. I purchased the pico fuses but do not know where to replace them. Can you send me a diagram of where to put them?

Donna
You can get a service manual

You can get a service manual on ebay for less than $10 .... it is a download of a pdf file.

Larry Dillon
it sounds like you have an

it sounds like you have an open pico fuse or two on tyhe convergence board check all of them for continuity

Larry Dillon
most e-bay manuals are not

most e-bay manuals are not complete so be careful.

Donna
the one I got for $5 was

the one I got for $5 was almost 100 pages ... very complete.

Donna
Larry

Larry

My 55809 is showing the typical convergence problem .... I move the heat sync and the problem corrected it self .... does this indicate a solder problem or an IC problem?

I resolder the convergence IC today and the set is working perfectly ..... for now. Thanks to all who have contributed to this forum. It has been a great source of knowledge.

Larry Dillon
mclavey, please share that

mclavey, please share that manual and post that in the technicians corner under the research tab on the home page
Larry Dillon, thanks

Larry Dillon
I got one even better how is

I got one even better how is free for you???????
http://www.techlore.com/download/27528/ws55-65-807-907service-manual/

gsmith
hey Larry i replaced the

hey Larry i replaced the chips about a yr ago, i now see they were an aftermarket brand. if they went bad internally, can they cause my tv to go into short protection mode? code 22?

Larry Dillon
yes they certainly can man!!!

yes they certainly can man!!!!SO-The best advice I can tell you at this point is to go to TV repair kits.com and order the complete convergence kit for your model of TV set, click on here please: http://www.tvrepairkits.com/xcart/home.php?partner=larry
no need to search and order multiple parts from different sources and pay multiple shipping fees! The kit comes with original Sanyo STK ICÂ’S , not those cheap aftermarket or china made ICÂ’S full pictorial directions, the thermal paste, resistors, the correct Pico fuses, AND free live on-Line tech assistance in case you run into a problem with the repair. They ship out 2 to 3 day Priority mail, the next day in most cases,

jtbarnes
Have a WS-65907 that had the

Have a WS-65907 that had the same pincushioning problems and I bought the service manual and tried to adjust it using the remote (actually my remote was stolen so if somebody has one let me know.) I cranked it up way out of range and it might of done something but it probably was wishful thinking. Instead of doing the smart thing and setting it back within the normal limits I left it and after a day or so it turned off immediately after turning it on. Upon the power on test it flashes a 1 2 (if I remember correctly) but it was the code stating that everything was ok. I've seen all the postings and about to dive in with my soldering iron but I'd like to know about the micro-fuses and whether it's worth replacing them while I'm doing this. If somebody else has the schematics are we talking the caps on the -24v input (page 86?) RAMO don't see a follow up post did it work? Or Larry is it worth the effort to yank the board and put it on the reflow station or just hit it with the soldering iron here at the house (at least it's not surface mount, my eyes always go cross-eyed.) As many problems as these things have you would have thought they would have been socketed.

jojo2000
the repair person said i had

the repair person said i had to replace the motherboard. is that what the repair kit does? it's suppose to cost 300 dollars.

jojo2000
the repair man said i had to

the repair man said i had to replace my motherboard. i got a cost estimation of 300 dollars. is that what the repair kit does?

rodman
i have 1998 vs414r rear

i have 1998 vs414r rear projection tv the picture is great in most of the screen but i had to adj. color in front of the set with button on it i dont have remote to do a better adj. my question is the blue is off center cant realign it at the top right you see blue and yellow shadows like a 3d and at the bottom of left side is blue but picture id great red is align as well as green but blue is cochide counterclock wise how do i fix with remote dont have the money for remote on dissability

JKO
My Mitsubishi WS-65807

My Mitsubishi WS-65807 developed typical convergence problem after perfect picture minutes earlier. I was unable to turn off the set, so I unplugged it. Would not power back on. Green light would blink three times when plugged in, then nothing. Could not run diagnostics -- nothing after holding down menu and input buttons. Removed middle board and checked convergence ICs. Some solder joints where bad. Resoldered and reinstalled board. Powered up briefly with convergence problem, then no picture.

Replaced convergence ICs from TVrepairkits.com. All pico fuses and convergence resistors checked out fine. Now, sporadically diagnostics will run after being unplugged for an extended period of time, returning code 1-2 -- no error. More frequently back to nothing except green light blinking three times when first plugged in, then nothing, no video or audio.

I rechecked all IC soldering. Good joints and no shorts (I can post pictures of the soldered ICs on Picasa if that will help). Checked continuity from pins to next board connection, if I could locate one. All pins checked had good continuity. Rechecked all pico fuses and IC resistors, still good. Confirmed all cables were reconnected and well seated.

What should I try next? Thanks.

evil
If the tv is not responding

If the tv is not responding to input and menu that would suggest,to me but that doesnt mean anything,something on the power supply side of things.When it happens you should check for stand by voltage at certain test points.The manual can be had from the resources tab in the service manual section.

dromonk
I have baught a kit from www

I have baught a kit from www.TvRepairKits.com and the new chips dont sany sanyo on them and it been just under a year and they died again

evil
Did you check for any bad

Did you check for any bad resistors or pico fuses before you changed the chips or now that your having trouble again?

pooch785
my tv has the same bowtie

my tv has the same bowtie look. would it be easier to just replace the entire board?

evil
For convergence issues go to

For convergence issues go to the website below for a complete repair kit.

Pages

Connect With Techlore