Toshiba CZ32V61 TV remote sensor not working at times.

21 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jwd1savh
Toshiba CZ32V61 TV remote sensor not working at times.

My 32" Toshiba TV Remote Sensor is not receiving a signal from the Remote Control at times. I have purchased a Universal Remote Control with the same outcome. Both Remotes Control work the other devices (VCR, DVD) O.K. This problem seems to correct itself at times and then stops working. Is there any test to see if the TV is receiving a good signal from the Remote Control?
Also is there any way to repair/replace the Remote Sensor (it looks to be on the main brd.)?
Thanks for any Help or Information... John

Jwd1savh
Newt78,No one seems to have

Newt78,
No one seems to have an answer to this problem.
It still comes and goes. I have found out it is not the remote. The remote works all the other equipment when the TV not responding. I am going to try to contact Toshiba again, but they still may not reply.
I am surprised no TV Tech has the answer.....

zeke
I have the same problem. I do

I have the same problem. I do not see an answer given. Is there anyone outthere who can help.

ksp9670
My 36" has the same problem.

My 36" has the same problem. Could someone that works on TV's maybe "chime" in on this one. Do I need to have the sensor inside the TV swapped out....what part would you need.....and how do you access it?

BTG
I have the same problem. At

I have the same problem. At first the remote sensor worked occasionallly then after about 5 months it quit altogether. My remote sender works fine with all other appliances. It sounds like this is a problem pecular to late model Toshibas. I am attempting to obtain information from Toshiba but I'm not getting my hopes up. Maybe if enough owners complain there may be a callback.

ksp9670
If anyone finds a email

If anyone finds a email address or a phone # to call and "plead our case" please add it to this string. If we could get someones attention at Toshiba, it would certainly help our case. Thanks Kent.

Jwd1savh
Here is Toshiba Customer

Here is Toshiba Customer Support pages for TV's.

http://www.toshiba.com/tai-new/divisi...

or

http://www.tacp.toshiba.com/

Matt Whitlock
You could try getting

You could try getting assistance directly from Toshiba Support at 800-631-3811. Or, you could contact an authorized Toshiba service center by using this form: http://webmail.tacp.com/service/servc...

Jwd1savh
Matt,Do you or do you know

Matt,

Do you or do you know anyone who my the a suggestion or answer to this issue. Besides buy a new TV.

Thanks....

Mr. Wizzard
Toshiba "Customer Service"

Toshiba "Customer Service" doesn't seem to be helping anyone! They ask what the problem is, what have you done, then advise you to take it in (for service); as if THEY are looking for answers/solutions FROM customers - instead of giving answers/solutions TO customers!!

ksp9670
Has anyone had any luck or

Has anyone had any luck or actually gotten there TV fixed? How much did it cost? Did you have to have it taken in?

RWS
I have a CT-877 remote that

I have a CT-877 remote that just quit working fully I could adjust volume, and use the TV/Video but no channel, no on/off nothing else. I called the number Mr. Whitlock provided and the rep stated that at times, static builds up.  To releave this, remove the batteries from the remote, and go through each button and hold them down for about 2 seconds.  "That might work" was the message.  Just passing along the information.  I will record the results of this exercise.

Back Story: We purchased the TV about 8 months ago, the remote that came with it had this problem in about two weeks, I went back to the store, and we found a remote that worked.  That one quit last night.

Larry Dillon
Thanks RWS for the post. 

Thanks RWS for the post.  Hopefully will help others with this info.

RWS
Larry,   Thank you.  I tried

Larry,   Thank you.  I tried it and it works. Not sure how it happens, but a field notice to distributors may save them some customer service hits. 

I appreciated finding this site.  Best regards,

toptech
my toshiba 32af42 doesn't

my toshiba 32af42 doesn't work on remote too. tried 2 remotes still nothing....checked tv sensor it seems ok dont know what could be bad!!

Larry Dillon
Toptech, and everybody else

Toptech, and everybody else who has been having remote probnlems, how did you check the sensor?  You will need to make sure there is 5 volts on the sensor b+ line and that it is clean and has no AC in it or any noise.  You will also need to trace the data line and make sure you have a good strong date signal comming out of the sensor all the way to the microprocessor.  If the signal is good all the way to the micro, then replace the microprocessor.   All these checks cannot be made with a meter.  They must be made with an ocillscope.  Good Luck and let us know how you made out.

out of control
same problem with my tosbiha

same problem with my tosbiha remote, will be buying new TV soon, IT WILL NOT
be a Tosbiha

felix142
This is almost too stupid to

This is almost too stupid to have worked. I tried the popping the batteries and long pressing each button. It did not work. In an act of desperation, I gave the sensor a couple of flicks with my finger.

The TV immediately began accepting the remote again.

Unreal.

kenandkat
Where is the sensor located

Where is the sensor located so I can try flicking it, too?

issop
its not your sensor causig

its not your sensor causig problem .if you take the sensor out of the cabinet the remote work ok .its your front window

DLR
Using the Ct 90257 and lost

Using the Ct 90257 and lost the response on the channel and volume control. Long steady hard pushes will finally get some slow response. Took control apart and found very high resistance on the conductive rubber for these two functions. All others were much lower and match the better response they give. Could it be due to the high use the volume and channel controls get? Is there a way to restore the conductivity of these buttons? Let's hear from Toshiba or someone who knows.

Connect With Techlore