RCA TV PROBLEMS

164 posts / 0 new
Last post
together4fr
I have a 32" RCA CRT TV model

I have a 32" RCA CRT TV model #32v434t. Only had it for 1 1/2 years and it just stopped working. The screen went blank and the red light on the front would blink on and off for a while then stop. I took it to my cousing who fixes TV's as a hobby and found that the Flyback transistor and the Horizontal output transister were bad so we replaced them. We turned it on and the screen came on but after 20-30 seconds it shut off again. I am able to open up a menu but before I can do anything it shuts off. This is a SDTV. Does it have to be reprogramed? There's obviously something that isn't right and it's telling the processor to turn off. Any ideas?

Larry Dillon
Did you get the flyback kit

Did you get the flyback kit with this or just the fly? The kit includes a couple of caps as well as instructions to resolder the small coil between the horz drive transformer and the base of the horizontal output transistor.
LARRY D

together4fr
I don't believe so but we did

I don't believe so but we did check all the other components on the board and nothing else needed to be replaced.

Larry Dillon
the small coil is not located

the small coil is not located on the board look on the HOT socket!!!! the cap you do not see bad it opens up internally and the circuit runs away with itself. no HV regulation burns up the HOT
and the fly.

tv broke
where is the remote sensor

where is the remote sensor located on 60 inch rca rear projection tv ? dont know the model, but tv works fine with controls on front of set but remote will not work. tried replacing remote but that was not it.

cuda
behind the screen itself,

behind the screen itself, down near the three projection tubes.

Prashanth
I have RCA 27". It has gone

I have RCA 27". It has gone dead all of a sudden this morning. It was working fine till late yesterday night. Today when I switch it on, TV does not turn on. Tried by resetting the power. The red light on the panel stays on and on/off does not work.

Any help will be appreciated.

mugz103
I have a RCA 52 inch hd tv.

I have a RCA 52 inch hd tv. Model # d52w17 the power button when I push it clicks on and off 3 times and then does not turn on. I was told it is probably the flyback. Does this sound right?

mugz103
I have an RCA 52 inch model

I have an RCA 52 inch model d52w17. The power when I turn it on blinks 3 times and does not come on. T was told this is probably the flyback. Does that sound right?

mugz103
I have an RCA 52 inch model

I have an RCA 52 inch model d52w17. The power when I turn it on blinks 3 times and does not come on. T was told this is probably the flyback. Does that sound right?

Larry Dillon
it sounds like the diagnoses

it sounds like the diagnoses is correct but I hav4e been told!?? that fly is also no longer available???
Larry Dillon

phil r
Hello-

Hello-
I am having the dreaded convergence problem that every one else is. could some kind soul send the convergence repair instructions that are floating around out there?

Larry Dillon
What is the model and the

What is the model and the chassis number for that RCA set???Larry

alsdock
I have an RCA TV/DVD combo in

I have an RCA TV/DVD combo in my bedroom. It was working fine until one day I turned on the TV, and it had this pink screen, it stayed on for a few seconds then turned itself off. I unplugged the TV in and replugged it but it still did the same thing. It just comes on, pink screen, and then shuts off. Does anyone know what it wrong with it, or what I need to do to get it fixed? Or would it just be better to scrap it and get a new one?

Jim F
I have an old (ten years plus

I have an old (ten years plus) RCA ColorTrak Plus. I have Comcast cable tv. The other night it turned itself on at 3:30 am and started searching for channels. Couldn't turn it off - freaked me out -so I unplugged it. Now I can't get it back on. When I first plug it in, I hear a little cackling, so I know it's getting power. How do I get it back!

Thanks!

lacey
i have a 2006 rca 54 in hdtv

i have a 2006 rca 54 in hdtv , the colors are off i tried going into menu to line the colors up but i dont have the option to go into convergence and line them up. on the manual it shows i have the option but its not there any information would help

steven s
I have a 52 " RCA projection

I have a 52 " RCA projection TV. It was working and then it just stopped. When I press the power button I hear power go to the speakers then it just shuts off again. If I hold the power button on for a little while the screen will come on full of static as well as the speakers, then it shuts back off.

Any thoughts ???????

Larry Dillon
any colored specs on the

any colored specs on the screen in the static on the scree? also a chassis number might help?
Larry D.

joana
I have 60 inch RCA TV and i

I have 60 inch RCA TV and i can not get the TV to stay on. I turn it on and the green light turns on, makes a noise but then it turns off again. I have to turn on and off the TV for an 1 hour or even longer sometimes and then it turns on but when you turn it off again it wont turn on. Please help i need to watch TV.........

tony1234
rca green light blinks 3

rca green light blinks 3 times does not come on.replaced fuse an solderd flyback, rca 52wh74

Larry Dillon
on these rca tv sets if the

on these rca tv sets if the set blinks or the set tries three times to start up then shuts down it is a shorted horizontal output transistor and or a bad flyback transformer
larry D.

LynnD
I Have a RCA 37 inch TV model

I Have a RCA 37 inch TV model F36649 Chassis number - CTC203CA9 bought in 2002

A week ago it started to have static in the screen and sound every now and again and now when I turn it on it has the static immediately and cuts off and on off and on, when it does come on it will have the static and cut off after 5 or 10 minutes

Ms Trini
52'rca projection hdtv keep

52'rca projection hdtv keep showing red, green, & blue lines & i cant get to it to reset it

kjbobo
I have an RCA model F36668

I have an RCA model F36668 the channels constantly just keep going up it's like it has a mind of it's own anyone know how to fix this?

Allison Wisco
Hello, We have a 27" RCA

Hello, We have a 27" RCA Model #27F520T Chassis #M134C. It is certainly not new... probably purchased new in 2006 or 2007. This evening, we had it on and my husband was playing with a nerf basketball in the room. He hit the TV with the (nerf!) ball and it went haywire. The channels won't stop going up, basically scanning as if in Auto-setup or something, but it won't stop. If we hold down a button, it stops on whatever channel it's on, but none of the buttons (on the front of the tv) work. We do not have the original remote or a universal right now; we just change the channels manually. This is not our best tv because lightning blew out our flatscreen last week, but it's all we have right now and a bit unbelievable. Any suggestions? Thanks!

cuda
sounds like one of the

sounds like one of the switches behind the front botton asy. is stuck or bad you can replace them as an assy. (all at one time),this will cause the tv to scan channels all the time.

Allison Wisco
Ok, thanks for the suggestion

Ok, thanks for the suggestion. I'll have my husband look into it. He also told me taht recently, he noticed that sometimes when he tried to adjust the volume (using the buttons on the tv itself), the channel changes instead. So you think it's something to do with the buttons or the switches behind the buttons? What is "asy"? Or is it "assy"? Thanks!

cuda
yes a common problem with

yes a common problem with this set, you can change the whole circuit board at one time insteed of just one ot two switches.

livbec
help ,i have an rca 2 years

help ,i have an rca 2 years old and now the picture is wider than the screen there are only 2 settings on remote in menu neither 1 gets satellite channel on screen fully so cant see what channel u r choosing very frustrating thanks for any help b4 set goes to goodwill

Payne1
I have a 52 inch rca i bought

I have a 52 inch rca i bought at walmart 2004 the powe button clicks on and off and very seldon turns on the tv i hear this is a bad modular is this right?

Pages

Connect With Techlore