RCA TV PROBLEMS

164 posts / 0 new
Last post
jlpjrp

Comment updated Today at 10:09 AM
I have a rca projection tv model p56720lv that the picture went out in.  For a few days it would come in and out and then suddenly went out and won't come back.  Does anyone know if this is the picture tube.  It is a projection and none of the lights will go on and the tubes don't light up.  I have power and static sound but nothing else.  Before it went out it had a humming sound coming from the left back side.  I have had to have the board sautered before.  Could this be the same problem or a new one.  Help
Auria
On that Convergence board for

On that Convergence board for the 52" RCA, I found the website the TV repairman in my area purchase their products from, the complete board costs 133.00 + 24.00 for shipping www.tritonicinc.com. But I will tell you the set went the week of the Superbowl. I went and purchased a used Mitsubishi 52" with 2years still left on the extended warranty, now I don't even want the RCA, the picture and sound are garbage in comparison and it only cost me 300.00. So when day when I'm bored I may get into the RCA but for now it's a clothes hanger.

mandalynn2481
I am wondering if anyone

I am wondering if anyone knows what is wrong with my TV. The model # is 32V434T. It went off 2 days ago and now it will not come back on. The red light indicating it is on, blinks for a minute or two and then it goes solid. I need some help. I just bought the thing about 6 months ago and already it is broken.

dcorry61
mandalynn2481 said: I am

mandalynn2481 said: I am wondering if anyone knows what is wrong with my TV. The model # is 32V434T. It went off 2 days ago and now it will not come back on. The red light indicating it is on, blinks for a minute or two and then it goes solid. I need some help. I just bought the thing about 6 months ago and already it is broken.

I was wondering if anyone had solved your problem because I've got the exact same problem with my RCA model 32V434T TV. Like you, I've only had the set about 6 months. Thanks for any help you can give.

dynahog
dcorry61 said:

dcorry61 said:

mandalynn2481 said: I am wondering if anyone knows what is wrong with my TV. The model # is 32V434T. It went off 2 days ago and now it will not come back on. The red light indicating it is on, blinks for a minute or two and then it goes solid. I need some help. I just bought the thing about 6 months ago and already it is broken.

I was wondering if anyone had solved your problem because I've got the exact same problem with my RCA model 32V434T TV. Like you, I've only had the set about 6 months. Thanks for any help you can give.

try buying a new remote.  i had a similar problem about 8 months ago. i bought the mid price range rca remote from wally world. removed the batteries from the old remote put 'em in the new one and it's been working since. good luck. if mine ever goes out again i'll never buy rca again. i try to buy american, but not when stuff like this happens and they don't want to acknowledge it or repair it. so they can go **** up a rope, won't be getting my money again.

Larry Dillon
dynahog, who told you RCA was

dynahog, who told you RCA was American?  RCA has beeb owned by the Thomson corp for years now.  They are based out of Canada.  They have their TV sets built in Mexico.  There have not been an American Made set in a lot of years.  The reason why TV's are not made like they used to be is becaues the American consumer demaded inexpensive TV sets and the manufacturers simply builds them cheaper as they use cheaper parts and cheaper labor.

dynahog
Larry Dillon said: dynahog,

Larry Dillon said: dynahog, who told you RCA was American?  RCA has beeb owned by the Thomson corp for years now.  They are based out of Canada.  They have their TV sets built in Mexico.  There have not been an American Made set in a lot of years.  The reason why TV's are not made like they used to be is becaues the American consumer demaded inexpensive TV sets and the manufacturers simply builds them cheaper as they use cheaper parts and cheaper labor.

my bad, mr dillon. when i was a kid that was the only thing my dad bought. i only having 2 tvs one rca b/w and then about 1 yr after color came out, it was rca color. didn't know there had been a change.

Larry Dillon
dynahog, no problem, there

dynahog, no problem, there are alot of folks who think Zenith, RCA, and Magnavox are still made in the godd old USA, but they are not.  Not anymore. 

jpcmich
I hope someone can help me, I

I hope someone can help me, I have a (less than 6 month old) RCA 32" tv. Last night I heard a "POP", then the scrrn went to about half the width and everything has a green hue to it. I turned it off, and back on, and the screen in normal size, but the green hue is there. Any help would be very appreciated!!

RCAISJUNK
I have an RCA 27V model with

I have an RCA 27V model with serious demons! It goes on and off by itself, the channels change as fast as they can operate on their own and the sound instantly goes to 100. I have tried every quick fix I have thought of and read about. I emailed RCA, they sent me the Thompson automated number and after I finally reached some foreign help desk, they said sorry...the TV is 1&1/2 yrs old and the warrenty is expired...WE CAN'T HELP YOU< BUT WE WILL GLADLY GIVE YOU A NUMBER FOR AN RCA AUTHOURIZED REPAIR SERVICE! I promptly told him after 10 I'm sorries, that I would dump the #@&%$^ TV in the trash before I would pay one of their dealers a cent. This TV is 6 months past the 1 yr warrenty. I told him I would let everyone who would listen know what junk they were selling. Of course Thompson/RCA could care less!

lady22
inhave a 31 inch tv not

inhave a 31 inch tv not projector,,it has been shutting off by itself and come on by itself...no it doesn,t come on at all....please help me

Larry Dillon
You could have a bad

You could have a bad connection on the printed circuit board, you could have a defective tact switch on the front control board, or a defective remote sensor, on the front control board, or possibly a bad component in the main power supply.  These are not the type of repairs a homeowner or a novice should attempt to solve themselves, unless they know how the circuits of the TV operate together. Good Luck with this repair, and let us know if you get this set fixed and what was wrong with it.

Jackal
Help! I have an RCA 5DVD/CD

Help! I have an RCA 5DVD/CD/Reciever Disc Changer model HTS 2000. It was manufactured in July 2003. My toddler spilled apple juice on the remote a while back and it quit working. Recenlty I took it in for repair and learned that the remote is fine but sensor in the unit is not working. After speaking with 2 repair shops and finally RCA in Canada, l was informed that parts are no longer "supported". Does anyone have any info on where to find a sensor for this unit? It works fine but I am unable to use any remote features including sound adjustment. I'm thinking a warehouse or supply shop somewhere has to have one these sensors laying around. It's barely four years old. Any suggestions? Thanks.  

aramat
hey all :) My 46 HDTV RCA,

hey all :) My 46 HDTV RCA, manuf. date 7/2006, went concave in the center on top with thin stripes under the concave, and looks like you need 3D glasses to watch it! I unplugged it, but not before I searched for a menu to readjust the pic. No Luck so far. Help, Anyone?

Dwray
 replace all 6 tact switches

replace all 6 tact switches on the front key board assy    they can  make the TV do some weirds things  Very common problem with RCA TV'S

Dwray
aramat said:

aramat said:
hey all :) My 46 HDTV RCA, manuf. date 7/2006, went concave in the center on top with thin stripes under the concave, and looks like you need 3D glasses to watch it! I unplugged it, but not before I searched for a menu to readjust the pic. No Luck so far. Help, Anyone?

Can't help you without a SERVICE MODEL NUMBER  !

Gidget
I have a rca picture in

I have a rca picture in picture colortrak plus and i am having volume issues. It will turn itself down and also if you go into the menu to the color controls they will also turn themselves down unless you click the menu button fast enough to get out of it. I thought maybe the volume down button was stuck but we have tore it apart to check and it is not so does anyone have any suggestions. Some said it could be my control panel went bad and i can't get a remote to program to it and no longer have the original remote. Is there somewhere you can buy a new control panel and if so does anyone know the price. Thanks for the help Gidget.

aramat
Dwray said:

Dwray said:

aramat said: hey all :) My 46 HDTV RCA, manuf. date 7/2006, went concave in the center on top with thin stripes under the concave, and looks like you need 3D glasses to watch it! I unplugged it, but not before I searched for a menu to readjust the pic. No Luck so far. Help, Anyone?

Can't help you without a SERVICE MODEL NUMBER  !

Here's that information plus some.

Model: R52WH74

Serial: G295C104Y

Chassis: ITC222A

Thanks for any help.

buffalo3520
I have a 52" rca projection

I have a 52" rca projection tv. I am having a way picture problem the waves are horizontal and they seem to appear when the show has a darker picture to it. when there is more of a brighter background they go away. Any ideas

bevo
Need help again have a 32"

Need help again have a 32" rca 32v434t that will not pwr up when turned on pwr button blinks (25) times any suggestions

turned out to be shorted HOT but now I need part number could not make out the one on it might be D3402 can anyone help maybe with ntc #

marsg101
 Switches were replaced and

Switches were replaced and now this tv works like a charm.  No more ghost in my tv for almost a month now THANKS!!!!!  Each switch ran around $1.00 (6 swithces needed).

sweetelle27
I have a 32' RCA flat screen.

I have a 32' RCA flat screen. Model # L37WD12 Serial No.G174E1450. A few nights ago a friend of mine put it on a sleep timer, tell this day it won't come back on. It still clicks when I try to turn it on, sometimes double clicks. But still nothing. I usually changes it color when its about to turn on, a bright yellow then green to show its going to turn on. It only stays red. A flickers. (sometimes) I really would like to find out what the matter is. I've been waiting to hear back from RCA but no luck. I've also tried calling them and the operator saying I can't call them from my area.

Larry Dillon
sounds like th bulb went bad,

sounds like th bulb went bad, I doubt if your friend broke the set, the bub was probably ready to go, if not the bulb, the the lamp power supply like the ballast circuit is bad.

john35
how can i unlock my front

how can i unlock my front panle i dont have a clear button fpa locked is on

john35
how can i unlock my front

how can i unlock my front panle i dont have a clear button fpa locked is on

Larry Dillon
without a oiginal remot, I do

without a oiginal remot, I do not think you can unlock it.

rough rider
i have a rca big screen tv it

i have a rca big screen tv it started acting up about a week or two ago whaile we were watching tv its like some one turn off the tv an then i figured it may be the plug well i witched the plugs that goes behind the tv an it was fine for a whaile an then about a hour or two in the programe its like some turn it off again i need some imput what it could be whats causing that problem

mrblj
i have a 52 inch projection

i have a 52 inch projection tv everytime i shut the tv off and on it wont keep memory. i have to autoprogram all over again. after twenty minutes of tv watching the tv looses memory on its on. what can be the problem. the tech recently replace some circuits in the tv before he worked on the tv i didnt have this problem

cuda
sweetelle27 said: I have a 32

sweetelle27 said: I have a 32' RCA flat screen. Model # L37WD12 Serial No.G174E1450. A few nights ago a friend of mine put it on a sleep timer, tell this day it won't come back on. It still clicks when I try to turn it on, sometimes double clicks. But still nothing. I usually changes it color when its about to turn on, a bright yellow then green to show its going to turn on. It only stays red. A flickers. (sometimes) I really would like to find out what the matter is. I've been waiting to hear back from RCA but no luck. I've also tried calling them and the operator saying I can't call them from my area.

I've had several of this model do this and it was the SMPS,power supply board, or could also be the inverter board.

SUSANANN
I have a 52 inch RCA HDTV and

I have a 52 inch RCA HDTV and my two year old grandson switched the switch on my powersurge cord and now we can't get a picture. We have sound but no picture. We have no manualfor this television. Could somebody help me before I blow this tv up...lol

Pages

Connect With Techlore