< <
OUR NETWORK:Dijit Community Explore3DTV My Open Router DVRplayground MediaSmart Home See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

Registering Handset on Panasonic Phone System

A TechLore "Ask the Experts" Question...

Question:

I have a four phone Panasonic cordless phone system. The #2 handset unit had to be returned to Panasonic for replacement. Now the base unit will not let me activate the new #2 unit because "there are already 4 units activated". How can I deactivate old #2 so I can register new #2? Base will not let new unit go online!!! The model of the system is KX-TG5200M.

-submitted by tom 42k

Answer:

As you have discovered, your Panasonic phone system can only support up to 4 registered handsets. The process of removing the registration from a handset is known as "deregistration". In your case, you did not deregister the prior handet before sending back to Panasonic.

To remove the registration info from the base unit's memory, perform the following steps:

1. Press and hold LOCATOR (ALL) until the CHARGE indicator flashes
2. Press and hold LOCATOR (1, 2, 3, or 4) for the handset that you do not want until the CHARGE indicator flashes rapidly. When the indicator stops flashing, the handset number is erased.

Once this is done, you will be able to register your new handest to the base unit.

Matt Whitlock - Editor, TechLore.com

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-7 of 7 | Latest Comment

October 10, 2009 5:04 PM

I also have a problem with de-registering a panasonic handset. The above solution did not work for my KX-TG6074. The manual only describes de-registering using the handset to be de-registered. This doesn't work for me as the handset was destroyed (drowned actually). I have already purchased a replacement handset (KX-TGA600), but cannot use it without first de-registering the destroyed handset. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

November 30, 2010 1:04 AM

I have an old panasonic cordless phone model KX-TCM527SUB. The base unit is not registering the handset. Please guide me how to register. There is no display in the handset

November 4, 2012 6:10 PM

Hi ! I have a Panasonic Cordless Phone, Model No. KX-A140NZB. I made the mistake of letting the batteries go flat. However I have re-charged them , and also bought new ones. Despite this all I get on the screen is the downward pointing arrow, bottom left ( flashing fast ) and the Batery icon , bottom right , showing only " low charge "....= one " blob " showing instead of the usual three. I have been told I need to " Re-Register the handset to the Base....how do I do that ? I don't even have the original User Manual, and don't even know the names given to the various keys ! Look forward to comments...Cheers , BruceI

November 12, 2012 9:52 AM

Check out this link for reg and dereg your phones

November 12, 2012 9:53 AM

Check out this link for reg and dereg your phone

View unverified member's comment - posted by thomas toupal

July 8, 2013 2:44 PM updated: July 8, 2013 2:50 PM

I linked two cell phones on my KX-TG7871 with no trouble, all was working well. I tried to copy my cell phone book and was not successful, had to delete both cell phone links and re-link. Now the number 2 cell is not listed as such and it now displays as "2: Speaker. How can I edit the name to display with the correct cell phone info?

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-7 of 7 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window