< <
OUR NETWORK: Dijit Community Explore3DTV My Open Router DVRplayground MediaSmart Home See all... About UsAdvertiseContact Us

How To Disable Demo Mode on a Magnavox TV

A TechLore "Ask the Experts" Question...

Question:

My magnovox tv, Model Nbr tp2770c10, went into Demo mode and I can not get it off No Buttons work. I upluged it waited a while, but it's still in that mode

What do I do?

Thanks

Answer:

Seems like a simple thing, but with virtually no support information from the Philips website, this can be tricky problem.

To disable the Demo mode, perform the following:

1. Turn on the TV.
  2. Simultaneously hold down the Vol+ and Vol- buttons on the front of the TV. Do not use the remote control.
  3. Hold for about 6 seconds
  4. Certain model TVs may turn off, others will not. But in either case, the Demo mode should be disabled.

All should be well after these steps have been followed. Use the discussion page if you have comments or questions regarding this procedure.

NOTE: This won't work with ALL models of Magnavox TVs.

Matt Whitlock - Editor, TechLore.com

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Comments 1-20 of 20 | Latest Comment

January 19, 2009 9:54 PM

This was the only helpful thing I have read. I was about ready to scream at the TV. Stupid I know but it nothing was working. This worked immediately! Thank you sooooo much. I don't even have the same model of TV but it's a Megnavox and it worked. This is the best!

April 11, 2009 10:12 PM

Thanks a million!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It did the trick. I just could not figure this out! Thank you for sharing this great information!!!!!!

View unverified member's comment - posted by Mandi Paige

May 2, 2009 11:53 PM updated: May 3, 2009 8:16 PM

Well, for me all the key combination does now is power off. (Last week it worked like it was supposed to according to other messages in this thread.) Now when I power it back on, the demo (or maybe 'demon') is still there, no matter what. I tried it both ways. The combination of the two keys will both power it on and off. The model number is TS 2552 C104.

June 10, 2009 1:04 AM

I thank you, my wife thanks you! Boy, you sure saved us from buying another T.V.

October 25, 2009 4:06 PM

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 28, 2009 10:46 PM

WOW! OMG it worked! thank u soooo much

View unverified member's comment - posted by DanT

January 14, 2010 9:39 PM

It worked on my old Phillips 25T200 C101 (Manufactured 1995). The owners manual and remote are long gone, and this was a HUGE HELP. Still not sure how my 3 y/o daughter got it into demo mode in the first place. She's not giving that up easily :-)

March 26, 2010 11:40 PM

I have a Magnavox 15MF170V/17B; the volume switch is a rocker, + or -. Any suggestions on how to do the same thing for this model?

View unverified member's comment - posted by jaym

View unverified member's comment - posted by eliza

April 6, 2011 12:27 PM

didnt work for me my tv was fine yesterday

View unverified member's comment - posted by johnsuejohn

September 7, 2011 5:39 PM updated: September 7, 2011 5:42 PM

holding down volume + - buttons for 6 to 8 sec. did not fix demo problem
model magnavox ts3270b101
any other ideas

View unverified member's comment - posted by birdshot2

View unverified member's comment - posted by lino

View unverified member's comment - posted by lino

May 21, 2014 10:24 AM

I tried this and found out that on my Magnavox TV is the opposite, I had to push the Vol up and down bottons up simultaneously, the demo stopped immediately.

I thank you for the idea anyway because it lead me to try other things when your onitial solution didn't worked.

July 1, 2014 9:48 PM updated: July 2, 2014 10:17 AM

I have magna vox model #19md350b/f7.i tried the volume up and down buttons 6 to 8 seconds but it didn't work. Please how can i fix it with universal remote. Thank you.and colors are still flashing. Please help.

Discussion:    Add a Comment | Back to Top | Comments 1-20 of 20 | Latest Comment

Add Your Reply

(will not be displayed)

Email me when comments are added to this thread

Please log in or register to participate in this community!

Remember

Not a member? Sign up!

Did you forget your password?

You can also log in using OpenID.

close this window